I can’t believe I’m back here.

I was exactly like you babyplease ! We had DD1 then when she was 1 1/2 DH started talking about more and I was adamnet I only wanted one . The thought of her having to share me and a sibling having enough time for both of them was mind blowing to me . Seeing her play with her little friends at playgroup and then being on her own at home made me see how much she would love a sibling and I wasn’t wrong ! My DDs get along so well and love each other very much. I seem to have equal time for both of them too and they never feel left out !

We are currently TTC3 which I am super excited/nervous about (I am 31 now had DD1 when I was 25 turned 26 month after and DD2 I was 28) like you I want to have my children young. I definetly don’t think 30s is “old” to have a baby !

Good luck with your journey !

That’s wonderful to hear!!! I definitely have to same problem imagining her not being my only baby. I struggle with the thought!!! But I know people do it every day, even my own parents did it and I love my sisters more than life itself!!! I know once baby2 becomes real, we will never look back. Still it’s hard to imagine.

Hey Sarah, how are you today darling?? AF got me yesterday, so I’m on to next month.

That’s wonderful!! I felt the same way with our first. We were very content with just him and had no desire to have anymore children and then when he was about 2 1/2 we started trying again. I had a miscarriage and then got pregnant with our daughter. She is 1 now and right after I had her I knew I wanted more children. I am way past the wanting to sleep and time to myself. I love having kids although someday I want to scream, cry or run away. But they grow too quickly and I don’t want to be lonely when I’m old so hopefully they stay close to us and give us grand babies (way way in the future)!

Oh wow. I’ve been thinking if I do have a second I’ll get my tubes tied after. I haven’t considered the possibility of having more!! Maybe having my second will help me past that feeling of wanting to be a person again and have freedom. I guess you just never know.

Yea you never know. I also know people that getting “fixed” after their second because they know for sure they are “done”. I’m so scared to make that decision. My brother has a stepson that is 25. And him and his wife together had a son that died then they have a 16 and 15 yr old. She got her tubes tied because they were finished and had their hands full. They did regret it and wanted to try for a girl later once the little boys were in school. I mean once’s it’s done you can’t take it back, well o guess you can try. Haha. But most people say you know when you’re done having kids and I haven’t felt that way yet. My obgyn also doesn’t like to fix you until you’re certain. Even after 2, he really wants you to think it over beforehand.
Anyway, good luck to you!! I’ll be following!

That’s wonderful!! I felt the same way with our first. We were very content with just him and had no desire to have anymore children and then when he was about 2 1/2 we started trying again. I had a miscarriage and then got pregnant with our daughter. She is 1 now and right after I had her I knew I wanted more children. I am way past the wanting to sleep and time to myself. I love having kids although someday I want to scream, cry or run away. But they grow too quickly and I don’t want to be lonely when I’m old so hopefully they stay close to us and give us grand babies (way way in the future)!

Oh wow. I’ve been thinking if I do have a second I’ll get my tubes tied after. I haven’t considered the possibility of having more!! Maybe having my second will help me past that feeling of wanting to be a person again and have freedom. I guess you just never know.

Yea you never know. I also know people that getting “fixed” after their second because they know for sure they are “done”. I’m so scared to make that decision. My brother has a stepson that is 25. And him and his wife together had a son that died then they have a 16 and 15 yr old. She got her tubes tied because they were finished and had their hands full. They did regret it and wanted to try for a girl later once the little boys were in school. I mean once’s it’s done you can’t take it back, well o guess you can try. Haha. But most people say you know when you’re done having kids and I haven’t felt that way yet. My obgyn also doesn’t like to fix you until you’re certain. Even after 2, he really wants you to think it over beforehand.
Anyway, good luck to you!! I’ll be following!

Thank you. Best of luck to you too. Now DJ is back on the fence about trying. I don’t know the right answer, but I need to make a plan and stuck to it. Make a baby or get fixed. This great unknown thing is not for me. Lol

Found this thread and wanted to comment. I had my first over 6 years ago, and me and hubs were sure we were "one and done". I even asked my obgyn about removing my uterus (i have long, annoying periods). Thank god I didn't do that! We both changed our minds. Our age gap between 1&2 ended up being 5 years. I was having a lot of fear about how we'd handle two, and also how i was going to love another kid. In the end i am so happy and my only regret was not trying sooner! And look at as now -- cooking #3, 100% planned :haha: hubby is even joking about having a fourth :shock: you just never know, and personally if you're on the fence i would strongly advise against permanent birth control.

Good luck in whatever choice you make!

My DD is almost 3, and we've just up and decided to TTC for #2 as well. I had so many close friends on here (we're all still friends on FB) for #1, but now none of them are here anymore and I need new ones. :haha:

:hi:

My journey to #1 was really difficult, though, so I'm guessing I'll probably be at this TTC thing for a while yet.

My DD is almost 3, and we've just up and decided to TTC for #2 as well. I had so many close friends on here (we're all still friends on FB) for #1, but now none of them are here anymore and I need new ones. :haha:

:hi:

My journey to #1 was really difficult, though, so I'm guessing I'll probably be at this TTC thing for a while yet.

:hi: I’ll follow along!! I don’t have a Facebook though. We’re not trying very hard, so I don’t know how long it’ll take. We got pg on cycle 2 with our first one, so I don’t anticipate much of a struggle. But who knows. I was supposed to have o’d yesterday, so I guess I’m starting another tww. :shrug:

I have PCOS and Hashimoto's disease, so it's a rough time for me. It took 3 years, 2 losses, and a lot of pills, tests, and money to have #1.

I had to take provera to get AF to show up this time, so today is CD1.

Good luck with the TWW!

I have PCOS and Hashimoto's disease, so it's a rough time for me. It took 3 years, 2 losses, and a lot of pills, tests, and money to have #1.

I had to take provera to get AF to show up this time, so today is CD1.

Good luck with the TWW!

Wishing you all the luck, Ginger!!

Well ladies, I guess it’s happening!! I got my bfp about 2 days ago, and confirmed on a digi. AF would be due Saturday, so I’m about 3 weeks. I feel strangely nonchalant about it, like I wasn’t surprised at all when I saw the test and I don’t have the sense of shock and awe that I had when I first got of with dd. I don’t feel like , “ omg, I’m gonna have a baby.” It just feels like no big deal right now. It felt crazier just deciding to try. Is that weird?? :shrug:

Nope! Just sounds like it hasn't sunk in yet lol. Any pics of your test?

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations!!!

No, I didn't think to take them. But it wasn't even a squinter. It was OBVIOUS. :wacko:
I was actually surprised at just HOW positive it was, being only 9dpo.

Congratulations!! Wish you a healthy pregnancy! Maybe it’s twins!?

Congratulations!!!

Here ya go, giggle. A test I pilfered from the hospital. :winkwink:

Attachments

• B0266716-6B13-48B9-A07B-49F6627E0409.jpg
    B0266716-6B13-48B9-A07B-49F6627E0409.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 5
Yay!!! Thanks, i am a poas addict and no longer have the joy of doing it myself :haha: i live vicariously now :p lovely line!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->