• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I can't believe I'm over here. I'm so numb

They should have contingencies in place for ladies in your situation Hun. It's not fair to make you agonise even longer :hugs:

:hugs: I am so sorry for what you are going through. My thoughts are with you and your family.

My doctor is so kind.
The law says the doctor has to make you listen to the heartbeat, watch the baby move, look at pictures of babies at the point in pregnancy where I am, etc before I can consent to the D&E. He said the laws are written with normal pregnancies in mind and don't consider ill fated pregnancies. Under the circumstances, he doesn't make patients do such a thing. He did have to take a few measurements and see where the placenta was. Nathan gave a few wiggles during that. :cry: It's so sad because he's trying to hard to overcome this. But we know he won't be able to and will suffer.

The doctor asked if we wanted to take Nathan's remains to have him buried or if we wanted the hospital to cremate him.
He had already had two other doctors sign of on my case which is also necessary by law so I don't have to fret about that. And the hospital where I'm having it done has shown compassion and doesn't require that I go before a committee since Nathan has been diagnosed with T18.

So Wednesday afternoon, I get the laminaria stick(s) put in. He says is uncomfortable but will give me something for pain. Then I'm scheduled for the D&E the next morning. Then perhaps the healing can begin.

I'm at least glad to hear that your team is trying the best they can to make this as (for lack of better word) easy as possible. I hope that it goes smoothly, you are making a very brave choice and doing what's best for you and for baby Nathan. :hugs:

I am so so sorry for what you are having to go through I cannot imagine the kind of pain you are experiencing right now :cry:

Sending you lots of strength :hugs:

I'm sending you massive hugs, I am thinking of you hunxx

3 lamanaria sticks.
If anyone has had an HSG (test to check that your tubes are open), it hurts like that for every stick.
In other words, it sucks.

I still cannot even imagine how you are feeling Hun. I do hope you can start to heal soon now that the process has been started. Maybe then you will be able to start to find some peace in knowing Nathan is no longer suffering. We are all here fore you. Sending you tons of :hug:

About 2am, my water broke. The doctor admitted me to the hospital. Since the laminaria sticks had been in for 12 hours, they needed to come out because now it could be an infection risk.
So, I thought he put in three but it was four. And now I just wait until 11:30 for the D&E

So, then I started bleeding badly and they bumped someone so I could have the surgery earlier.
the surgery went well. I woke up bawling so they went and got my hubby early. I was able to settle down and now I'm doing okay. They plan to release me this evening as long as I'm not bleeding too much.
Thank you everyone for your kind words and support.

I'm sorry wishing you a speedy recovery and emotional healing xx

Home now.
Thank you all for your support.
Moving over to second tri loss now.

You have done an amazing job handling this peanutt! You will remain in my thoughts for a quick recovery and emotional/spiritual healing. Major :hugs:

Thinking of you at this horrific time x

Take care of yourself, I wish you all the best for the future :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back