I can't bring myself to announce pregnancy!

tddunn

Reaction score
So I told myself if at 8 weeks we had a good ultrasound I would be fine announcing that we were pregnant. Today was not only a good ultrasound, but a GREAT one! Baby had a heart rate of 163, measuring 3 days ahead at 8w3d. Arm and leg buds were clearly visible. Doc saw no problems, and is very happy with this. I am thrilled, and a lot of stress has come off, but I am too scared to announce it.
My stepsister is pregnant too, she is due 8 days after me, and has already announced hers last week, and is always on facebook talking about her MS and everything. I'm sitting here throwing up in parking lots, and begging God for mercy. My husband says I should just announce it, but I don't know what to do, and I don't want to take away my stepsisters limelight by announcing a week after her. What do I do? Oh and I can't hide this much longer. Im very petite and Im already getting round in the belly.

Does your stepsister already know that you're pregnant? If not, maybe it would be worth telling her first before announcing it to everyone. So therefore you've taken her feelings into consideration. If you have told her, how did she take it?

But you have just as much right to announce as her, it's great that you have thought of her, but enjoy your time too! :hugs:

I haven't told her, but it is because lat time we ended up pregnant( ended in early MC) she got really really jealous because her husband and her had apparently been struggling to get pregnant. I didn't even know they had been trying. She is a very sweet woman, but can be very competitive and difficult to deal with. I just know she wouldn't handle this very well. Maybe now that she is pregnant she would do a little better...hopefully.

In that case, as I said... I would definitely speak to her privately first before announcing your pregnancy.

I had a lot of difficulties conceiving and had terrible jealously issues before I was pregnant, now I have calmed down a lot and couldn't care less (not in a negative way) if the whole world and his wife are pregnant too, as I finally got what I'd been waiting for.

I would send her a message maybe, or speak to her on the phone and say that you wanted to let her know first. And then I'd go ahead and announce.

Hope she takes it well! :hugs:

still, it's not fair to you and your family to hide your joy because your stepsister can't handle it! she had a week or so of being the only one pregnant, that's enough! Haha, jk. Maybe she'll be excited that the two of you are pregnant at the same time since now she's pregnant and not struggling to conceive? Def talk to her first then make your announcement! Congrats!

When I was pregnant with my first, my little sister also got pregnant at the same time and I was soooo upset, not because she was stealing my limelight though. I was in my last semester of college and hormonal and studying for finals. She showed up at my house unannounced and just blurted it out in front of my friends, husband, and other sister. If she would have told me personally in private, like mentioned earlier, I would have felt considered and things would have been much different. It was also because I was married and had been trying and hers was with some guy the family hardly knew because they just met.

We quit talking to each other until after my DS was born. That being said I look back and regret it soooooo much. Because I would have loved to go through pregnancy with my sister and do the fun photos and all that stuff. We are great now, but that's a time I cant ever have back. That's just my experience but I agree to telling her first if your comfortable with that. HTH. Congrats though! :happydance:

I'm in the same boat (minus the sister)
Just had 8 week scan and everything was grand, baby was full on waving at me but I just don't feel ready to announce yet even though I thought I would!
I'm using the excuse that its because a close friend went into labour this morning but really that's just a convenient excuse lol

Congrats on your fantastc scan! Your sister got her moment, I think it's your turn now. If you're happy go for it!

I'm only 4 weeks but hubby wants to tell our parents tomorrow and I just don't feel ready. We would tell them anyway if anything went wrong but I knida feel like I don't want to get their hopes up so early.

Def talk to her first my sil decided to tell me congrats then blurt out right after and say im preg to. She knows how we struggled i would def have appreciated her talking to me first. So just talk to her whne your ready then you have a right to announce and enjoy your preg to congrats on your scan

I am in a very similar situation with a twist - my sister in law is pregnant with her first and she announced just as she peed on a stick. She is young and very inpatient. In a mean time I am ahead of her for almost a month but will not say anything until the 12 weeks scan in 2 weeks time.
The whole family is very protective of my SIL and everyone is super exited for her. I am sure when I will come with my announcement of a third child they all may be less than trilled. I also got a lot of gifts from the family for my pregnancies and children - pregnancy clothes, special pillows, expensive breast pump, the whole lot. Now my SIL naturally expects that I am done with kids and will just pass all the goodies to her. So she will be double disappointed as she is not getting my Bugaboo:).

Also our friends just announced that they are pregnant with their second one. And they are ahead of us by about a month. Oh well, we will all just have to share limelight:):)!

Perhaps you could announce it at christmas! Nobody can be mad at christmas and it gives you enough time to let her have her moment :)

We planned to have another kid, then two days later my sister tells us shes pregnant! We then (not thinking i was fertile but had planned to try the next month) got pregnant a couple of weeks later. We're telling people at christmas as nobody expects me to be pregnant, plus it gives my sister all that time to have the focus on and allows her to get her first scan etc. It's her first kid, this is my second so... Yah! She'll be more thrilled than i will to be preggo buddies though.. Ugh lol hope you make a decision you're comfy with :) xxx

I have a sister in law at 26 weeks, another at 16 weeks, one of my best friends at 9 weeks,and my other sister in law begging me to get pregnant at thanksgiving. I knew I was pregnant then and kept it under wraps. Moral is, people get pregnant and you shouldn't have to hold back your news, and it's funny to me because your actually further along! It might be good to tell her first, but it should be a happy time for both of you

I don't want to announce mine either. My partners stepsister has had a baby abut 7 months ago and she is the most jealous and selfish person ever and this will be her babies first christmas so I don't want to announce incase all hell breaks loose.
She got pregnant of some random guy when living down south but she will still turn round and tell me and my partner (Who i'm engaged to and live with) we are wrong for having a baby. I despise families at times.

With my first pregnancy, I announced at almost 6 weeks along! But... With my second baby, I was just the same as you. I just did not want to announce. I just didn't feel right doing it yet. I waited till almost 14 weeks to tell. The baby in question is now a perfect 5 month old big brother-to-be, and I am very glad that I waited until I was pretty comfortable with the pregnancy before I told! This time, I told at almost 9 weeks, and it was just because that was when I felt comfortable! It's fine! Do it in your own time! It's your body, your baby, and your decision. :)

Thanks everybody for all the help. I've decided to announce around Christmas. This gives me plenty of time to tell her and I think i will be 12 weeks then. I think announcing sooner would cause me stress and worry. Dh wants to announce sooner but agreed that the stress isn't worth it. This should be happy, not something I worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->