i cant take much more

louise1302

mum to FIVE boys :)
Reaction score
im so stressed out and upset i think ive spent more time crying today than archie has

ive posted a couple of times about his poor feeding lately and today has been the worst ever

for the past couple of weeks his feeds have been decreasing instead of his usuall 6oz hes now down to about 3 he screams all the way through his feeds from about 2oz onwards and its a real fight to get any more in him

i just dont know what to do ive tried different bottles(tomee tippee, avvent and now dr browns) different milk(aptamil, cow and gate plus and now infasoy incase the prob was caused by the lactose) different teat size (newborn and level 2)

he just carries on crying, screaming, coughing, hiccuping and throwing his little body around. hes so bad now hes almost lost his voice

im sat here scared because i know hes due a feed in a little while and i cant face another battle..im so ashamed i shouted at him before when he was screaming(i did only say what do you want me to do) but thats not the point
im so upset with it all i just dont know what to do

i mentioned it to my hv and she just said hes one of those babies she is a waste of time, i know theres something wrong but i dont know what to do

he gains weight ok but this prob to be honest has only started in the last couple of weeks(hes 7 weeks now) hes not often sick but does have 'wet burps' and spits up some

has anyone else gone through this and what did you do?

:hugs: I personally haven't, but a few girls had similar situations and their babies had reflux. I'm not a doctor, but maybe you could look into it?

Sorry it's so stressful for you.

I would ask to see your doc hun and maybe see if you can be referred to a paediatrician???? Sorry i can't help more i'm BF and don't know much about bottles or formula etc. What bout reflux??? Does it look like he's in pain or just being fussy?

yep i would see your doctor hon xx hope your feeling ok xx

Def sounds like reflux - my LO has it and she was doing exactly what you describe. Please see your doctor and asked to be referres to see a pediatrician at your local hospital. They will asess and prob prescribe you infant gaviscon and ranitadine - may LO is also on domperidone. It was a case of trial and error but (touches wood) we seem to have her meds sorted now and she is so much happier feeding and inbetween feeds too - she used to be cranky ALL day/night.

Also, don't feel bad that you shouted as it is a really tough time to handle - just remember it will get better - he really should see your doctor/pediatrician though!

Things you can try to relieve reflux are:

Keep him upright for at least 20 - 30 mins after feeds

Tilt one end of his mossess/cot so that he is sleeping at an angle (so his head is higher then his feet) Some people put a pillow UNDER the cot sheet to elevate babies head and upper body a little better.

Can often help if you feed your LO half as much but twice as often - eg, 2oz every 2 hrs rather than 4ox every 4hrs - it would seem that some babies reflux is eased if their tummies are not over filled. SOUNDS THIS WOULD HELP YOUR LO IF HE BEGINS TP STRUGGLE AFTER A COUPLE OF OZ XX

Also, when you feed him, sit him upright if you can rather than laid back in your arms,

Make sure he is thoroughly winded.

Will post more tips if i remember any - that's all i've got at the mo - been a loooooooooong night!

Hope i have helped a little xx It does get better - Amelia is 11 weeks now, and while we still have our bad days she is MUCH better xx

hiya hun you could have a read through this: https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/health/reflux/

I think my LO has a very small reflux problem (a bit of milk coming back up after feeding, hiccups.) and my HV said the same thing.

Hope things get better soon. :hug:

def sounds like relux... try and get a prescription from the doc for ranitidine or gaviscon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->