I deserve my baby girl now. Worried please help :(

P

precious_baby

I fell pregnant with my rainbow baby now and didn't know and I had two dental xrays without a lead apron. Should this be a concern as this is my rainbow baby? Went to the scans and she looked perfectly fine. I can't help but worry my baby means everything to mean!

I'm sure it's fine. If you are worried you could phone your dentist and ask?

x

Two dental xrays won't be a problem. Thousands of pregnant women probably get dental xrays before they realize they're pregnant. They're focused on your mouth, nowhere near your baby, and the amount of radiation in two xrays isn't very high. I wouldn't worry about it xrays unless they were abdominal, or there were a whole lot of them.

Here's what the Mayo clinic says, to back me up:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/x-ray-during-pregnancy/expert-answers/FAQ-20058264

Hi it should be fine, I had an mouth X-ray, when I was pregnant (early) and my daughter is fine nearly 4!!!

If unsure speak to your doc or dentist

I had an X-ray done on my stomache they day before I found out I was pregnant. My ob doctor said it's not enough radiation to harm little one and what's done is done baby is still sticking and everything is ok.

I'm a dental hygienist - you are just fine hun :) The radiation is so low now, you get more from the microwave or a can of tuna. :hugs:

If you dont mind my asking what is a rainbow baby?

You are fine, I had some dental work done when I was pregnant with my second DS, the dentist said in Europe they do x-rays all the time on pregnant women, that there was no risk... so you're good to go!!

Congrats on your rainbow baby :)

Babybug a rainbow baby is the term used for a baby after you've lost one or more previous babies.

Kim

You are fine, I had some dental work done when I was pregnant with my second DS, the dentist said in Europe they do x-rays all the time on pregnant women, that there was no risk... so you're good to go!!

Congrats on your rainbow baby :)

Babybug a rainbow baby is the term used for a baby after you've lost one or more previous babies.

Kim

Thank you.

I agree with the other ladies about the xrays the machine is dmall and very focused on your face, at tbe moment your baby will be very low snd protected in your pelvis.
Good luck I hope everything goes well for you. X

I had a series of x rays in first tri with my first baby before I realized. I was so scared, but now he is so healthy and happy and turns 2 on Sunday! Your rainbow will be just fine, too.

I had an X-ray done on my stomache they day before I found out I was pregnant. My ob doctor said it's not enough radiation to harm little one and what's done is done baby is still sticking and everything is ok.

Yes I undrestand but I want my baby to be okay. How many weeks were you? Was this without a lead apron though.

I'm guessing the term "Rainbow Baby" comes from them being the sunshine after the rain?? Very fitting name :hugs: xxxxxxxx

I'm a dental hygienist - you are just fine hun :) The radiation is so low now, you get more from the microwave or a can of tuna. :hugs:
I know whats done is done but I think they were two traditional film bitewing xrays. They were not digital I have a feeling bubba is okay its hard not to worry. But Im goito try for tyhe rest of my pregnancy as I am 23 weeks.

I'm guessing the term "Rainbow Baby" comes from them being the sunshine after the rain?? Very fitting name :hugs: xxxxxxxx
Yes I hope with all my heart nothing goes wrong, no scientific theory can prove my child is okay. I believe she is but its a bit difficult to trust that everything will be okay sometimes.

I had a series of x rays in first tri with my first baby before I realized. I was so scared, but now he is so healthy and happy and turns 2 on Sunday! Your rainbow will be just fine, too.
With a lead apron or not? Yes I hope so I really hope she is okay, I feel like she is but I cant help cry all the time. I promsied myself Ill just be happy for the rest of my pregnancy. Happy new year.

I know whats done is done but I think they were two traditional film bitewing xrays. They were not digital I have a feeling bubba is okay its hard not to worry. But Im goito try for tyhe rest of my pregnancy as I am 23 weeks.

Yes digital would be less but even traditional dental bitewings don't have that much. Theres times we have to stand in the room and hold it on place, etc (not knowing while pregnant) but we wouldn't do that if the radiation was that high. The cone beam focuses on the small film and its just a small amount of scatter radiation that's left

Hygienist also. You're fine hon ;) Most machines are also digital now which can be up to 80% radiation than the archaic models.

Rainbow baby = A baby born full-term after miscarriages or stillbirth. It is the "rainbow after the storm" of pregnancy loss, if you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->