I didn't know I was pregnant, really worried!.

Hope_24

Reaction score
I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was 6 weeks and 6 days. Today I am a little over 8 weeks. I didn't think I was pregnant because I had three negatives when I was already more than a week late for my period. I am a sophomore in college so my life style and diet wasn't ideal for being pregnant. I was getting drunk every weekend, occasionally having a cigarette with my roommates and eating very poorly. Of course as soon as I found out I stopped immediately! Though I still have this huge fear that something is going to go wrong because of something I did.

If you found out early on (at 6 weeks like you said) and stopped partying right away, most likely baby is fine. It is important now to take folic acid and try to eat as well as you can and of course no drinking. Everything will be fine :hugs:

One of my friends (who is extremely overweight) only found out she was pregnant at 26 weeks,and she drank occasionally and smoked like a chimney throughout.Her daughter is now nearly 3.It's not healthy for you or baby,but you're still early.

You'll be fine! When my mums friend was pregnant with her 5th, she didnt know until she was around 10 weeks! And she had been at our house visiting (she and her family live 2 hours away) and every time they visited or we visited them, they were always partying like the great friends they were! She came home one night and crashed on the couch, dead to the world she was! She was so drunk! Her daughter and i even had to strip her down and take her earrings etc out she was so out of it, and her little girl turned out fine! That was just one of many nights! I'm sure your little bubba will be fine :flower: xx

my mum didnt find out til she was about 29 weeks with my sister - believe me she was in the pub a lot. :dohh: all is well, and you've found out soon enough to make a change - dont panic

My Ffriend didnt know till she was in Labour! She went in with suspected appendix trouble! She drank, went on rollercoasters, flew 2 weeks before she gave birth and her lb is a healthy 21 mo now!

You really have nothing to worry about. Your baby is so tiny, and the placenta has NOT taken over yet...so your baby has been pretty well sheltered from the damage of cigarettes, alcohol, and crappy food. That is NOT to say that things shouldn't change now that you KNOW you're pregnant. A healthy diet, quitting smoking immediately, and not consuming alcohol, along with taking prenatal vitamins (with folic acid) daily is definitely what you need to be doing, for you, and for your unborn child. But, it is very unlikely that your former decisions and behaviors had any ill effects on your baby at this early stage in the game. :)

I read pretty much the same as what the other ladies are saying. If you stop all that as soon as you find out your pregnant baby will more than likely be absolutely fine. dont worry!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->