I dont think i have ovulated in over 6 months

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
I first had a 90+ day cycle with two separate occasions i had ovulation symptoms with nearly positive opks, but never a period to follow hence the 90+ day cycle, the next cycle was 50+ days and again by cd 20 i had ovulation symptoms (sore boobs etc) nearly positive opks but no period to follow when it should have..currently cd 30...something my phone has died so i cant see my calendar, i had ovulation symptoms 3 weeks ago but no period again.

I have a one year old and was on the pill for one cycle almost a year ago since then my cycles have been far apart. I spoke to my dr about it but previous ultra sounds and blood work came back fine although i do have the symptoms of PCOS, but they need a abnormal ultrasound or blood work along with the symptoms to diagnose. I have a ultra sound on the 9th November to see if anything has changed but have had 2 previously and both been fine although at the time i think they kept putting me on the pill. I am worried something is wrong and they wont look further than PCOS because i am only 25 with a one year old, he was conceived 3rd month off the pill 2 cycles after a chemical pregnancy, me and my oh do not use contraception because we want another baby but are trying to be more NTNP about it but it is quite stressful, My dr doesn't seem overly concerned about it but i am, its going to be impossible to conceive if i am not ovulating at all. I had thought my weight gain might be the problem as i am 2 and a half stone heavier than i was before i fell pregnant with my son so i have been working on that over the past 6 months.

Does anyone have any experience??

Hello and sending you huge hugs, know how frustrating no O can be :hugs:

Are you still breastfeeding? I know that can affect your cycles.

Although I've never had cycles as long as yours, it took a long time for DD to come along as I wasn't ovulating properly. Turns out I don't produce enough progesterone and that was causing the problem. I changed my diet and had acupuncture and that's how I got my BFP.

Now waiting to try for #2 and have been charting and realised things weren't right again so have tweaked my diet again and so far that looks like it's making a difference.

Progesterone and Estrogen have to be in balance to O. I wasn't eating enough things that help you make P and I was eating a lot of stuff that can make too much E...and too much E means less P!

But yes, also weight could be making a difference and of course if you're already feeling stressed (for which I totally understand) that too can make a difference.

:flower: xx

I'm not breastfeeding, do you mind naming some foods that may help boost progesterone?

I had been on a diet but I have fallen off the wagon it did appear to be helping my cycle length but I really couldn't say til I see what this cycle is going to be.

I'm planning on starting back up my diet asap though :) xx

I'm a veggie so turned out I was eating a lot of things that boost estrogen and that's not good for progesterone, so I've cut back on tofu and having more almond milk instead of cows milk.

I've swapped my cereal to wholegrain (honey cheerios as I've got a sweet tooth!) I'm trying to eat more veg, especially broccoli and having an avocado a week. I'm also eating walnuts every day and pumpkin seeds from AF to O, then swapping to sunflower seeds.

I've cut right back on my cups of tea, swapping to decaf or green tea. And I'm drinking a lot more water.

I can't remember now from the above which is to help with P and what helps with EWCM, but then I guess it all helps!

But if you google foods for fertility and what to avoid then you'll find loads more info out there.

I know a lot of people try vitex/chasteberry to help with cycles, although that's not something I've taken before.

Tweaking my diet has defo made a difference to me, really hope it can help you too because being in limbo like you are is so rubbish :flower: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->