I don't want to talk to anyone

Skywalker

Reaction score
I feel so bad! I stay in touch with family and friends back in my country (US) via e-mail and Facebook but I've been feeling so rotten lately that I just don't have the energy to think up something to say to them. I only seem to have the energy or willingness to post on here, I think because I know that a pretty large amount of women on this board are also feeling how I'm feeling (physically AND emotionally) and even though I have really supportive friends and family, many want to hear all the details and I'm thinking, "No, you really don't..." I just want to sleep all the time and have my attention on doing whatever I can to keep the nausea at bay (by the way, for anyone reading this with intense nausea, if you try a powdered cal-mag, calcium-magnesium drink, it really helps, going to make myself one after this post!) I feel like such a bad friend because I just don't feel like talking to anyone except people on this board lol. Anyone else feeling like this? I also think I pissed off OH's sister at my birthday party back on the 1st because I was anxious to get going because I didn't feel well (didn't know I was pregnant at the time) and I just felt so agitated with having to talk to a bunch of people. She doesn't know I'm pregnant yet and I can't wait to tell her and explain that's why I was so off, but I also worry about my other friends and family thinking I'm trying to close them out when really I just feel like utter yuck :sick: Anyone else?

Though Im not feeling that sick this time i am being very anti social, hanging out with my son is plenty for me tbh and Im starting to wonder if i will still have any friends by the time scan is done! I have actually been avoiding everyone because like you i have nothing to say and would much rather be lying down. Not a very good friend hopefully when i tell them they will forgive me!

I'm constantly tired and finding it difficult to talk too. I'm also finding because I am so tired I stumble over my words and can't get my sentences out. I'm also worried that I may be talking about pregnancy too much and that I may be boring people with it! Some days it just seems easier to stay in alone rather than go out with friends.

I know what you mean about not wanting to offend people. I was out with hubby and an old friend who I rarely see last Sunday. I was having a lovely time, but was totally exhausted, started getting headaches and feeling grouchy and had to cut the day short. I hope my friend wasn't offended, though the people around me are often getting confused when I refuse their painkillers and don't just drink a red bull, like I used to.

I feel exactly the same! I really am avoiding social situations like the plague!! I just can't face having to chit chat, lie about not drinking and ultimately, I would rather be in my pjs at home in bed! I also start to feel really uncomfortable after food etc a meal out turns into me needing to spend most of it in the bathroom due to gas!! XX

Me too! No energy, tired, exhausted, naseau ... It's hard because I haven't told any friends yet only family so don't want to see friends and act all social while I'm silently suffering inside! Plus the food options is another thing as friends seem to always choose where to go.. Plus saying no to wine.. Plus constant burping after a meal haha .. All I want to do is stay in bed and I'm doing just that!

In a few weeks I can explain to them why I've disappeared but for now I'm laying low.. I had a missed call from my sister earlier dont even have the energy to call her back lol

I'm also due to wash my hair ... Get my eyebrows done.. Prob need to shave legs etc but nope just been resting and doing the bare minimum as I feel so rotten

Oh! I am so relieved! I actually thought that I must be handling this pregnancy really poorly because a few of my other friends who are pregnant are really much farther along, like 20+ weeks, and they're out going to mueseums, hanging out with friends, taking cute pictures, etc., and I'm over here like, "Leave me alone." Lol! I really feel so bad because the weekend before my birthday we went down to my OH's home town for his nephew's birthday party and towards the end of it I just got so agitated and ready to go. I couldn't talk right, I felt SO not myself (didn't know I was pregnant at the time but suspected) and was just spacey so I felt like I was making a fool out of myself in front of all his family and I just wanted to leave ASAP, then his sister, brother-in-law, his sister's friend and his dad all saw me quietly begging him to leave and I think they totally got the wrong idea and got offended. Then the next weekend was my birthday and a similar thing happened so I'm pretty sure his sister thinks I'm a stuck up bitch right now lol. I can't wait to tell her and clear it up so she and the whole family understand why I was so off! I did manage to get a few Facebook messages out to my friends just now because I had some calcium-magnesium powder drink (seriously ladies this stuff helps!) and my nausea is a bit better but just in general I feel like I want to be totally left alone. One of my friends actually runs the doctors office I've been going to and is a doctor and she came out to the waiting room this morning and was like, "You wanna have tea after your appointment!?" She was so excited and the last time I had come I had blown her off because I had to get back to work (but really I just didn't feel like socializing when I felt like crap) so I did go talk to her but thank god a) she's a doctor so she understands what's going on with me and b) She has a 1 year old and definitely has first-hand experience with the exhaustion and nausea. Other friends I just cringe to think what they must be thinking of me! I can't wait until I'm feeling better and I can tell everyone and then hopefully everyone will be like, "Oooooooooooooooohhh! That's why you were being so crabby!" I'm going to be doing a Youtube video where me and OH hold up cards with writing on them set to music but I haven't decided yet, and eventually we hold up a picture of the 12 week scan :crib: That will hopefully cheer people up. I may even hold a card up that says, "Sorry for being so crabby these past many weeks! I wasn't feeling so great..." Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->