I feel amazing! have to share this...

Shri

Reaction score
I've been trying to diet since giving up breastfeeding LO at 16 months. Once he had got past one he wasn't taking much from me anyway but my appetite which had grown huge while I was bfing him never seemed to balance out and more and more I was craving sugary starchy foods and eating bigger meals.

Anyway, I wasn't much overweight but didn't feel good in myself and could really loose 15lbs. Everytime I tried to diet, I'd feel horrible and fail by the weekend but recently I got inspired to devise a different approach and give that a go and it has worked sooooo well so far, I feel so much better :happydance:
and my tummy (which always embarrassed me) will now actually pull in flat if I tighten the muscles, where previously it still looked like I was pregnant even if I tried to suck it all in.

So I want to share what I have done because it was only ONE day that felt hard, the rest of the time, I've been as happy as a lark and NOT hungry.

in my next post, I will write up my detox plan :kiss:

MY DETOX

started on sunday night with a huge bowl of brown rice and steamed veg, generously doused in Olive oil, tamari and sesame seeds - was really yummy

1st monday am breakfast, apples
lunch - more of the brown rice meal
snack - apple
dinner - the brown rice and veg meal, but lots of it! so that I felt satisfied

then
tues - thursday, I ate only apples for snacks and the brown rice and veg for lunch and supper. It felt like I must be cheating because it was yummy, and I was having salt in the form of tamari and lots of olive oil on the rice. On tuesday I had a bit of a headache, wednesday I felt a bit bored of it and craved sugar and toast and mashed potatoes etc. and TOTALLY missed my cups of tea, but by thursday, I almost magically felt loads better and my appetite had gone down so I only had a small bowl of the rice for supper. All this time I drank lots of plain water too.

friday I had
apples for breakfast
a salad dressed only in olive oil and lemon juice for lunch (but it was a big salad, made with only raw salad veg) and for supper I had a soup made with only vegetables, more like a broth...it was a bit bland but it felt nourishing.

saturday morning was the start of the harder part,
I ate only apples, as many as I felt I wanted, and drank plain water. I felt a bit hungry and tired, but didn't crave anything enough to make me give in.

sunday, I felt AMAZING - so clear and light and more normal energy. I even sat there, sipping water while my OH and his brother had a really yummy meal at a posh restaurant. I missed the tastes of the food but I felt so good that I didn't want to ruin the fast by giving in.

Today is the last day of the apple fast. Tonight I have to take 2-3 tablespoons of Olive oil straight (bleh) (this clears out the gut and restores the healthy bacteria) and then tomorrow I will slowly build up in revers,
OJ for break, some yogurt and salad for lunch, brown rice for supper.

After that we shall see, but I already feel that it will be much easier to eat in moderation and rather than craving chocolate etc, I actually am looking forward to salads, plain yogurt, light healthy food. :happydance:

I've lost about 8lbs. But I'm not so fussed about rapid weight loss - I just wanted to be able to feel what my body was really needing.

The apple fast is something I've done before years ago, and you can read more about it here
https://www.astrodreamadvisor.com/Body_Apple_Fast.html

wow this sounds very interesting.... well done on you weight loss so far
xx

right at this moment I am thinking that apples taste too sweet!
I feel a bit tired and weird now, but it's the last day of the apple fast, tomorrow I will start on normal food and I might be feeling tired because I didn't sleep well last night.

in about an hour and a half, I will have my last 'meal' of the fast, which will be olive oil.
nice. :sick:

the olive oil wasn't too bad...felt a bit fed up with apples yesterday and they started to taste mega intense, but today have woken up feeling pretty darn good and having a breakfast of Orange juice!

It's brilliant - much easier than the Master Cleanse. I feel amazing today and still losing weight.

three days on 'normal' foods now and not craving anything sweet or fatty at all, not one bit! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->