I feel bad. Not enjoying this

laila 44

Reaction score
I feel like such a crap mom. I keep wishing my 5 week old grows up faster, can't wait till she's 3 months, 6 etc... I really really don't enjoy the newborn phase at all. I struggle with no sleep and it makes me crazy. I find there is no reward at this stage, no smiles no interaction and it makes it a bit redundant. Also my first born was a dream baby, never cried or said a peep. This little lady is very fussy and a tad unpredictable with her moods, which is normal for a baby I guess we were just so spoiled with our first. Basically I keep wishing this time away and counting down the days till she gets older but at the same time I feel guilty because I'm not enjoying her this little and I know I'll miss it one day very soon. Am I the only one that really doesn't enjoy the first 2-3 months?

It's normal! New born stage is hard! It does pass trust me and when they are almost one your sad that they are not babies any more !

Thank u. I needed to hear that ... Really feel like this is going to last forever!

Oh thank you for posting this...I completely feel the same way but thought I was wrong for thinking this way. I just want to hear her talk or giggle. At first I didnt mind it so much but as a stay at home mom every day is the same. I want to take her to the park so she can play or even sit at home and play but all she wants at this stage is my boob, lol. So you're definitely not alone!

No definitely not alone, I felt a bit like this too. It was all such a struggle for the first few months. As you know though, it does get easier and oh so worth it xx

Newborns are boring :haha:. Seriously while I love the cuddles, the little newborn squishiness, that's all there is. Well that and all the crying, pooping, sick...
When you're on your 2nd+ you know the fun stages which come next and I think it's normal to want to be there already. Plus having another child to look after isn't so compatible with enjoying a newborn- you can't take lovely naps with them and gaze at them lovingly while they sleep all day (or don't!) when you have a toddler to entertain and that definitely adds to the desire for LO to be more active and easier to entertain.
I loved having a newborn again, don't get me wrong, but I REALLY love having an older baby who lets me put her down and who actually does stuff :haha:

I am counting down to 12 weeks, six months, a year! Mainly thinking about sleep but also I'm not a fan of newborns.

My 4 year old is fab at telling me what the matter is - so easy! LO just screams!!!

So you are not alone x

I'm with you....I can honestly say the newborn stage is not my favourite. I really find it hard. Like you said...its hard that you get nothing much back at this stage. I can't wait for my lo to be interacting a bit - oh and sleeping more too would be lovely lol!!

I cant wait til she is over the 6 month mark and I dont feel the slightest bit guilty either :D

Amen to this. I felt like that for months. Always wishing he was 6, 9, 12 months because he'd be sleeping through by then! The lack of sleep was the worst for me, I'd be lucky to get an hour some nights. Little man is one now tho and I'm ridiculously broody again after months of swearing I'd never do it again lol x

It's crazy! I think you are right Eleanor, I already been through it once so I know the fun stages that come next and I'm ready to get there lol. Right now it's the countdown to 3 months. She's a tough baby becoming very fussy and doesn't like to be put down which is impossible with a toddler around too. It's the toughest stage of all and I never enjoyed it not even last time. I'm ok with 3 months and I'm happy at 6 months plus...

Defo not alone, I didn't really enjoy the newborn stage either. The first six weeks dragged for me, but time has flown since! I just remember wishing the time away and wanting some interaction. Now we have loads if interaction and it is amazing :)! I know when/ if I have another I will view the early stages as something we have to get through to get to the good stuff!

Honestly I think the first year sucks and I'm having a 1st birthday party to celebrate that it is OVER! HAH!

Toddlers are better. Preschoolers even more. School-age? HOORAY.

Our friends had their kids much younger, their kids are 12 and 14. I asked him where his daughter was and he said "I dunno. Somewhere in the house?" and I cried with jealousy :rofl:

I felt the exact same. I felt like I was just servicing a machine!!- feeding, burping and changing nappies!

Newborns are boring, needy and demanding. They even scare us at times because of how unpredictable they can be. The louder they cry the more we get nervous to be around them. It's normal. I like when they hit 6 months and up. This is my 5th and this baby is pretty good but I think I'm just over the whole newborn/baby thing. I'm trying to enjoy her though since she's supposed to be my last but it's hard. I just feel mentally exhausted. It does pass though.

Honestly I think the first year sucks and I'm having a 1st birthday party to celebrate that it is OVER! HAH!

Toddlers are better. Preschoolers even more. School-age? HOORAY.

Our friends had their kids much younger, their kids are 12 and 14. I asked him where his daughter was and he said "I dunno. Somewhere in the house?" and I cried with jealousy :rofl:

Lol!!!!!!!!! Oh man I hear u!! I was talking to my aunt the other day and her kids are 21 and 18 and she was telling me now that everything is over ( baby years, school and homework, school activities and drop offs ect..) that she's been really living it up! Lol. I was so jealous. Can't imagine a life other than my circus right now. Who knew sleep could be a luxury?

When my lg was a newborn she was unbelievably hard to pacify. She cried and screamed most of the time and was only happy when being held. Me and oh had to take it in turns to sleep with her. There was times I used to cry really hard cuz I didn't know what she wanted (even with the help of my mom and oh) she grew out of it. Each month she'd get a bit happier. Now she's extremely content. She's like a different baby. X

I hear you! Dd had colic that didn't go away until 3 months so I really didn't enjoy the first 12 weeks and that was with help. I also had ppd and needed meds/counselling so that made it all worse. She is 17 months tomorrow and an absolute joy...the light of our lives...and so much freakin fun. We're trying for baby #2 and I think it will a bit easier knowing what is to come!

Same here! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the cuddles, but I can't wait for him to get mobile. With my daughter I had exactly the same (and still do?). I enjoy everything, but at the start I couldn't wait for the smiles, then sitting, crawling, walking, talking and now she's this little girl and talking loads more but a whole new phase of play dates, birthday parties and swimming lessons is starting and I'm SO looking forward to that. Every new skill and phase is so exciting :)

I have a four week old amd could have written your first post... This is not fun at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->