I feel like Monica from friends...

dimmu

Reaction score
If any of you remembers the episode where she finds out Chandler has been smoking and she is furious about that, but because she's ovulating she pretends she forgives him just to get him to have sex with him.

My OH has been doing my head in recently, nothing serious I should add, just the lack of effort around the house, he spends way too much time browsing the internet and playing games rather than helping me tidy up or doing stuff with DD. Our place is in some serious need of decluttering but he's just gone and bought lots of very unnecessary hobby stuff and games online because "it was a really good deal". I was so annoyed when I saw all the boxes.

However, because I'm ovulating within the next week, I'm actually not gonna say anything about it for the time being. Don't want to be the nagging wife just before it's time to get started with some serious BD... :) :)

Just curious, am I the only one feeling like this?

Not in the least bit. SO is stressed at work, being a jerk, and was an ass last time I ovulated (long story)... but I honestly bite my tongue because I want to convince him to go back to ttc next cycle which he won't do if I'm calling him out of his bull.

Not in the least bit. SO is stressed at work, being a jerk, and was an ass last time I ovulated (long story)... but I honestly bite my tongue because I want to convince him to go back to ttc next cycle which he won't do if I'm calling him out of his bull.
I'm glad it's not just me, although I'm sorry you are feeling this way.

My OH hates his job but is stuck with his current role until March at least, and it's making him feel quite down about things and that's why he spends a lot of time on the internet and playing games.
I know where he's coming from but that doesn't help with the pile of laundry or the mess in the house, so can't help but feel irritated.

Haha yes totally understand!! I was debating whether to do this but I was too pissed off to ignore my husband being an idiot so I did miss one of my key BD days. But I was seriously thinking about just letting it go for the sake of TTC and I would never normally let things go!!!!!

I think I'd be more inclined to have it out and then go for make up sex :).

Hahaha that was a funny friends episode. But I agree with the PP who say just fight it out and have makeup sex. I mean it doesn't have to get all dysfunctional and dramatic, just have a heart to heart. It actually helps to feel more connected than holding in the grudge, and will probably put you in a better state to procreate.

Also I would say for that friends episode, now I know that Monica was definitely right to be pissed because him smoking is also damaging to his sperm, and right at ovulation time?? Hells no.

Don't think the whole make-up sex thing would work for us unfortunately. Mainly because I have a point and he would know that, so it would just be me nagging and him sulking rather objecting to anything.

Sometimes it does feel like that I'm married to a grumpy teenager who's refusing to help with the house work. On a positive note, he's absolutely brilliant with kids, they all love him, probably because he's one of them!:)

That's actually a good point about smoking and sperm, my OH does some occasional "secret" smoking too. Hmmm maybe I've got some more nagging to do!! :)

I think I have made some progress though, I've managed to convince him that we should get a weekly cleaner, something he's been dead against until now because it's "too middle class." Perhaps that will give me a chance to carry on with my monica-esque behaviour, I could convince myself that the cleaner is stealing my clothes!!:)

God I miss friends. :(

Hahaha Yeah nagging usually doesn't lead to makeup sex, but yelling does!! :laugh2: I suppose having some patience on this is helpful for the relationship too. I've read tons of things that say if you want someone to change, you can't nag them about the negatives, but you must reward them when they change even the slightest. Like if one day he actually does help out with something, even if it's small, then reward him. It would be even better if he chose time around O to do this so you can reward him with BD :rofl:

The maids episode was hilarious too. A lot of people have maids nowadays where I am (California) even young single people living with roommates! Just because they can't agree on a shared cleaning schedule it's just easier to pay a maid :) So it's totally normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->