i feel like such an idiot.

apple_20

Mum of two
Reaction score
why do we do this to ourselves?!?
I have no idea when i ovulated or how long my cyles will be as i mc last month but based on my cycle being 28 days i would have been 11dpo yesterday when i stupidly did a hpt, of course BFN!
then I made a promise to myself not to poas till monday but ordered some 10mui which arrived today. I got so excited I poas straight away (not fmu)thinking well if people get theres at 9 dpo surely I could well not.
now I'm really down and angry at myself for being so stupid.
surely I'm not the only one who does this to themselves it's just like tormenting yourself!
sorry for long post need to vent and noone would understand unless they've done it themselves!

Aw hun :hugs: It's crappy not knowing when your next cycle is coming from. Just because you're not pg now, does not mean that you will be in a week or 2. You could be O'ing as we speak! I Poas at times when I know I really shouldn't, but sometimes I see so many other people's peestick avatars that I just convince myself it'll be a good idea!!:haha: Hope you feel better soon. :flower:

thanks i guess your right.
it's all those people that get positives so early they tempt me...
well I'm going to make my OH hide them from me so i can't poas till monday at earliest (my predicted AF start day) got to do this for my own sanity.
x

I do this too...just like this AM. I'm 13 dpo and thought...for sure it would show up, so I'm convinced I'm not preggers and I'm very sad about it. I POAS yesterday and had a breakdown...had another breakdown this morning as I watched A Baby Story on TLC. WHY DO I DO THIS?! I know...because we read so many "I got my bfp at 8 dpo, 9 dpo, 10 dpo, 11 dpo" and I think...well if they can, I can. And then the stupid FRER says 5 days sooner! So, it MUST tell me then...but we all know...it's not that accurate then.

thanks i guess your right.
it's all those people that get positives so early they tempt me...
well I'm going to make my OH hide them from me so i can't poas till monday at earliest (my predicted AF start day) got to do this for my own sanity.
x

Attagirl!! I know what you mean about those tempting positives! I want to be able to run around going "me too! me too!" And I reckon that all those ladies that Banana mentions are all just boasting anyways! I hate the not knowing. It's about time we had see through wombs and multiple O days!!

well at least I'm not alone they should have support groups for this ' *stands up* hi my names lorna and I'm a POAS addict..'

oh and does anyone else despartly search the internet after a BFN looking for people who had BFN's then BFP's a few days later? when are you testing next bannana?
x

oh yes, I do that. I stalk charts, look at pos. preg tests, looking for hope. But the hope dwindles with each day that I get closer to AF.

I'm due for AF on Tuesday. I'm *trying* to wait to test until Monday, but I know me and I'll keep testing. Because I'm a loon and need an intervention.

yep im due roughly round the same time and I'm losing hope too though i know everyone says it's not over until AF but i know my own body (i think) i've had no syptoms recently and any i think i have are probably just my imagination saying that (clinging to straws here) i didn't know i was pg last time till i did a test...

I do this too...just like this AM. I'm 13 dpo and thought...for sure it would show up, so I'm convinced I'm not preggers and I'm very sad about it. I POAS yesterday and had a breakdown...had another breakdown this morning as I watched A Baby Story on TLC. WHY DO I DO THIS?! I know...because we read so many "I got my bfp at 8 dpo, 9 dpo, 10 dpo, 11 dpo" and I think...well if they can, I can. And then the stupid FRER says 5 days sooner! So, it MUST tell me then...but we all know...it's not that accurate then.

i could have wrote this myself... I'm 14dpo and if I O'd later 12DPO and AF was due yesterday-tomorrow/sunday at the latest... the past 3 days were BFN and i feel there's no hope left after seeing so many people get it before hand.. I have normal cycles and i still can't get a BFP ha. I woke up this morning without testing in hopes to wait til monday so i KNOW AF would be late if she doesn't show up

looks like we are all trying to wait it out till monday. I reckon it isn't as common as some threads make you believe to get BFP at 10dpoish i guess when it's says )**BFP 9DPO** your just more likely to read the post. this is my theory i am sticking to it lol.

Well, I typically TONS of symptoms before AF and I don't even have as much as sore boobs. I am, though, an emotional trainwreck. Balling for no reason...ok, well a - hpt is a reason...I don't know if my body is being more regular and normal after bcp (stopped early may) or if no symptoms are a good sign. But I'm pretty sure I'm not, despite bd'ing like rabbits during fertile time. It stinks knowing that there is only a 20% chance each and every cycle to get pg.

I like your theory apple.

I am searching for those who have gotten their bfp 16+ dpo! Desperation I guess.

But...here's to a BFP for all of us and lots & lots of :dust: prayer, hope and faith!

it really sucks you think but if I BD when i OV how can i miss it?! guess that eggs harder to find then thought. I don't even know if or when i did O so i could be testing reaaaalllly early or on time and not be pg some people make having babies look so easy.
x

aww sweetie im soroy i dont have anything constructive to say. We are all in he same boat! big hugs xx

Drives me nuts that people who aren't trying get pg. Here we are pouring our hearts & souls into it and nada!

And then I shouldn't complain. I have 2 friends that have been trying over 2 1/2 years. They've both moved onto IVF and haven't had success yet.

I am doing the same thing!! I've taken 3 when I've clearly known it's been way too early to take them and they have all been negative. I'm torturing myself too. And it just bums me out. My period is due to come early next week. I have told myself to wait until a few days after I have hopefully skipped my period to take another test. I have a terrible feeling I am not pregnant. I got off the pill for the first time in 10 years on 8/25. I got my period 3 days later. It was a normal and heavy period. I calculated when I hoped I would be ovulating. My husband and I tried like crazy. Starting last Thursday I started to feel crampy. I have felt crampy off and on since then. Then this past Monday my nipples hurt so bad I had trouble keeping my bra on! That subsided a few days later. My boobs also felt fuller during that time period. And I've been discharging pretty much everyday. Do you think this is my body adjusting to not being on the pill? Or do you think I'm pregnant?? I am going out of my mind over here! Haha!

rebecca i wish i could tell you! some people can get pg straight after coming of pill (i did but mc later) other people take longer for their cycles to regulate I'm in the same boat (ish) i've gone from on the pill to pregnant, mc now NO idea when i would have OV so going buy a 28 day cycle with first day of bleeding as day one. your symptoms could be either dont know what to advise apart from if you don't get AF 4 weeks after 1st AF started take a test.
x

I've only been trying for a little less than a month and I am already losing my mind. I give praise to the women who have been trying much longer than me. I have never had PMS symptoms before but I know the pill masks much of that. So I'm wondering if it is just my body adjusting... I hope not!! I'd love to be one of the lucky ones who got pregnant right away. But really... cramps for a week straight? I just find that odd. They started probably a week after my husband and I starting trying.

i know i dont know how long I'll be able to carry on TTC even though I'm not temping or using OPK's (so I'm not trying not preventing) i still feel like I'm going insane.
if you read the sucess stories though it makes it all seem worth while.
cramping is a hard one it can mean ovulating, AF pregnancy just about anything. It's a waiting game I'm afraid.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->