I feel like the worst mummy.

Pink Flowers

Reaction score
I took O to the doctors yesterday because he has been acting weird for a little while, doctor said he has hayfever and the runny pooes are due to teething. So while i was there i asked him to check Olivers nappy rash. He wouldnt actually look at it and sent me off with a perscription for some cream. Went and got the cream last night, when we first put it on him he screamed and screamed :cry: I thought it must be the nappy rash being sore and then cream was stinging. Then he woke up every 3/4 hours last night screaming we checked his nappy each time and he wasnt overly wet and wasnt dirty. This morning i went into him and he was just laying in his bed refusing to move, he normally stands up for a hug. I got him up to change his nappy and the rash had become all raised and he was screaming as the cool air touched it :cry: I put more of the cream the doctor gave me on it and hoped it would clear...

Well next nappy change and the rash has blistered, so i wash him down, put sudo cream on it and take him to the pharamacy as the doctors were refusing to see me as all the appointments have gone. Well it turns out the doctor gave me a steriod cream when he needed a cream for thrush. I have now been told to us sudo cream and the one beginning with m.

I feel so bad, I put the other cream on him that made it worse :cry: My poor baby is screaming in pain because of me :cry:

Not because of you! Because of the doctor! How were u supposed to know :hugs: hope it clears soon x metanium works quickly :thumbup: xxx

Because of the Doctor trying to save time NOT because of you in any way. In hindsight you maybe would not have reapplied the cream as it was so painful to put on but I totally understand that you were doing as the Doctor directed so don't blame yourself. I would complain to be honest. The Doctor wouldn't dream of prescribing things over the phone because they say they need to see you in person, so why then didn't he look at the rash. He misdiagnosed thrush for nappy rash and he didn't even look so that's pretty serious!!!
I took Ethan in with nappy rash when he was about 8mo and my doctor looked at it and said it needed special cream and that Sudocrem wouldn't have touched it as it was starting to raise up, so your doctor most definately should have looked.
Hope he gets better soon. The Metanium is really good once the rash is red I've found. For little red bits Sudocrem works best. Metanium is what I go for if the Sudocrem isn't working.
Hugs x

awww hun thats not sure fault at all, i would complain to your doctors thats not right

Omg a doctor should ALWAYS check a rash! Not your fault don't feel bad it might just be the rash making him scream my daughter is histerical with nappy rash so much so I took her to e.r once cause I thought something was seriously wrong. No just nappy rash

:hugs: Your not a bad mum! i hope hes okay!
Get back on the phone to the doctor they should have to see you! Id also complain!

They do prescibe steroid cream for thrush, its called Cannesten H but i agree he shouldnt have fobbed you off and not looked!

You only did what the doctor told you to do sweetheart and you wern't to know better, you arnt a doctor or a pharmacist are you? if i were you though i'd go back to that particular doctor and have a word with him for neglegence, he refused to look at the rash itself and ended up making it worse, and your poor baby suffered for that. *hugs* hope it clears soon... Poor thing.

it gets better lol.. the doctor is a loccom so i cant even see him again. The doctors is fully booked so i cant make an appointment.

Myabe i shouldnt have put it on again, but the doctor said it would clear it up..

:(

:hugs:

H got one bout of terrible rash with teething and it took two of us to change her nappy for almost a week :nope: I felt awful, she was so upset. Looking back I think however careful you are, there is probably a stage where they are terribly prone to it with teething, regardless of how much you do.

he is teething so i think it is that that is causing it. Since cleaning him with water, putting the sudo cream on and then the mentatin he seems easier to change. he didnt scream and i put the mentatin on him a minute ago :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->