I feel so unsupported

sophie22

Reaction score
I just don't know what to do. my partner makes me feel so alone. I am in my 11th week and we have 2 boys already. 4 and 2. We have had a hard time of it with the childrens health and I feel like I have had years of stress and worry. my youngest is still going through it with large tonsils and adenoids and wakes up very much through the night with it. He currently has a chest infection so the last few nights I have been awake hours. Plus pregnancy sometimes I just wake up and can't get back to sleep.
He works 5 days a week but long days as he owns his own chippy. but every night he sleeps on the sofa so he gets a full night while I am up all night. Then I have to get up when they do. sometimes before 6 am. and I am on my own these 12 hour days he does. I am exhausted and all he does is moan about how tired he is! I know he works long hours but he chooses to stay up drinking until 1 am when I have to give up my evenings because my youngest wakes or I am so tired I feel dizzy and weak.
This morning I told him I'd had enough. I get dressed and come Down. He is asleep again on the sofa as he does all day whenever he is off. and I had to straight away let the dog out. change 2 year olds poo bum which is ignored every time. then I did please please will you make his train tracks with him as he was trying to drag me and having a tantrum about it and I'm in tears I'm so tired. and he just snaps saying don't you understand I tired!! I feel like screaming. I am currently in tears in the back room and he is snoring.
I want to leave but what can I do with 2 boys. He won't leave. I've had enough. I have a problem with anxiety and this stress isn't helping. He just doesn't care about anyone as long as he can lay and doze on the sofa so much needs doing and he would rather live like a tramp. He sleeps in gos clothes and every thing. It's like living with a 15 year old I can't stand it!

oh and to top it off whenever I complain he says I told you not to have this kid!!!!!

So sorry you are feeling like this. Maybe wait til you both have time to sit down and discuss it? Or write him a letter if that's easier?

Thank you. I really wish I thought it would work but he just doesn't take on board anything I say. or if he does 2 days later it's back the way it was. I really feel I w given up. It's been like this a long time it's just worse now

I agree with littlelilly. I think you guys need to sit down and talk it out, even get someone to mediate it so as you both can express yourselves. Or indeed write him a letter, give it to him in the morning and then speak to him about it in the evening so he has the whole day to cycle through the emotions of reading it. :hugs:

He's not listening to you
He's hearing you and it's going straight over, mine can be like this when I'm stressing a lot! So try another strategy, say or do something that you never done before, as empty threats makes them not hear you. It's not fair you being this tired stressed and pregnant and feeling alone.
It needs sorting now before you have another baby , can you go stay at your parents at all to make him actually see this time your serious?!
Good luck x

He's not listening to you
He's hearing you and it's going straight over, mine can be like this when I'm stressing a lot! So try another strategy, say or do something that you never done before, as empty threats makes them not hear you. It's not fair you being this tired stressed and pregnant and feeling alone.
It needs sorting now before you have another baby , can you go stay at your parents at all to make him actually see this time your serious?!
Good luck x

This. Obviously talking to him doesn't work. You need to leave for a few days/week to show him you mean business and see what happens. You're right, you don't need the added stress, and he needs to be spending time with his children. If he really won't he's no man, he's someone taking up space on your couch. (sorry not trying to be harsh, but dh wasn't spending time with dd and I let him know exactly how I felt about that. He's since bonded with her quite a bit and she adores him now)

On his day off get dressed take kids down to him and tell him your off out on your own. Spend some time alone may help you hun? X

And remember you dont NEED him you can walk away at any point x

So sorry you are going through this. I don't have much suggestion either because my husband is supportive however, regarding sleeping on sofa and asking for rest and all. I had situation like that. He use to sneak out during night but, only once or twice he did it but, next day I removed the couch all by myself to our bedroom and told him to sleep on couch as he likes to do so. He never did it again and couch was ofcourse back in living room that bery night. Meaning show him you are serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->