I get to pick the date for my first scan! Help!

StephyB

Reaction score
So according to my calculations based on temping and opk's. I ovulated on October 22, making me 6 weeks...

Today was my first midwife apt and she wants me to go for a dating scan next week.
I however, don't want to go yet.
I fear going at 7 weeks and not hearing a heat beat.

I had a miscarriage Sept 23 with no period in between.
Been trying to stay relaxed and if I don't hear a heart beat, I will get worried.

Any advice ladies?!
When did you hear your heart beat?

I still haven't had a midwife check the heartbeat, apparently they don't do it until 24weeks here.
but you can see it beating away on the scan :)
don't be to upset if you can't see it, it's still very early! and I don't think you can hear it as early as 7weeks on a Doppler.

By 7 weeks you should see a heartbeat but if you are concerned make the apt. for 8 weeks. You most likely won't hear the heartbeat until 9 - 16 weeks. My doc won't attempt a doppler until 2nd tri b/c not hearing the HB makes people nervous even when it can be seen.

I was able to see a HB at 6+1 via abdominal scan but that is early. Normally it can be seen then via transvaginal.

Just keep in mind, if the dates are off, it could be that ovulation was off. After both my m/c's ovulation happened when I did not expect it. Temps cannot be trusted after m/c and my OPKs were not fully accurate either.

I saw my baby's hb at 6+5 x

I had a transvaginal and was able to see the heartbeat at 6/3.

Can you push it off for two weeks?

I saw baby's flickering HB at 6+0 weeks via transabdominal, it was small but was flashing strongly but I knew pretty much exactly when I ovulated so as others have said wait a little longer if you're worried x

5+6 no heart beat, sac and yolk sac
7+4 heartbeat and mini blobby baby.

I'm pretty sure I can push it off and go when I want - I have 2 req's

I also have an OB apt today, so i'm going to see what he says

Saw heartbeat at 6+3 [baby measuring 6+4] HB 116. This was a vaginal u/s.
Heard Heartbeat at 8+6 [baby measuring 9 weeks] HB 155 This was a regular u/s.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->