I Hate being addicted to researching

SatansSprite

1ds/1angel/Preg
Reaction score
So, I seem to have a pathological NEED to research everything I get even the slightest bit curious about.

Today the OB who took over my care gave me a requisition for a special type of sonogram, because of my miscarriage. He wants to rule out any potential uterine or cervical problems, if I have them or not.

Well on the requisition he put a specific mini umbrella of issues he wants to rule out (its one name, but several similar but yet different issues fall under it) and I've just been looking them up, but now I'm a little scared since reading it...but I can't stop, and it's making me feel really anxious and afraid in case I do end up having one of the things under this umbrella.

I research everything too...But I have been doing that since I found out I was pregnant lol...I guess it is a way of finding stuff out on our own since we cant get answers from the Docs
:hugs:

See my thing though, is I don't stop, and I obsess over it and I drive myself absolutely and completely crazy with it.

See my thing though, is I don't stop, and I obsess over it and I drive myself absolutely and completely crazy with it.

Get off!!! Before you drive yourself crazy...I know it is hard but sometimes getting up and going out to get fresh air may help...I am always on here because I work crazy hours and the only thing I can do is get online so I wont be so Bored.

i used to research like mad and in the end i was not able to pull myself away from the computer, looking at one description, that came up with another possible problem that then faced me with another and another, each of which had nothing to do with the initial problem i was looking for answers to. i was literally driving myself insane doing this. i know its hard hunni but you have to stop like due said try to get yourself out of the house even for 5 10 minutes might help. doing this online really wont help. i know how hard it is but it really wont make things any better or easier on yourself.
:hugs: to you x

Im not that bad, jumping from 1 thing, to another, to another or anything like that. Just, when a doc suggests that he wants to rule out a problem that I may have, I kinda like to know just what the problem is he thinks I may have. Since he doesn't seem to like sharing the information himself, it kinda becomes up to me to find the information myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->