I hate being pregnant

Kiram

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I've always wanted a baby and I'm so excited for this one...but I'm really loathing the road to get there. I guess I'd just really like some encouragement, or maybe this ranting will just help me get some things off my chest.

I feel so guilty to be feeling this way, especially so soon. I'm still just in the first trimester, but this morning sickness is really wearing me down in ways I never expected. I can't cuddle my hubby, because the slightest whiff of his breath or scent can send my stomach churning. I'm not hungry for anything, and I feel I have no energy to cook or clean or do anything other than laying on the couch, trying to keep my cookies down, and trying to finding ways to pass the time; I hate feeling so unproductive. I can't go anywhere, because car rides trigger my nausea too...I haven't been able to see my family or go to church in weeks because of it. I'd like to take more walks, but I don't feel comfortable taking walks alone. I now have cabin fever, and I feel like I'm going crazy! All because of seemingly unstoppable nausea.

I know this is only the beginning...I haven't even gotten to stretch marks, back pain, hemorrhoids, etc...all leading up to what everyone seems to describe as the most painful (and perhaps terrifying) experience of their life. I'm horrified of giving birth. I feel helpless, as though the next 7 months of my life are going to be complete misery.

I know it's all worth it, and if I think about it, I wouldn't expect bringing a new person into this world as being any easier, but I still can't help but to feel depressed about how I'm feeling. I doubt I'm the only one feeling this way. Anyone else been through this? ):

I dread pregnancy but for a very different reason. For me, pregnancy means months of wondering if I'll make it to the second trimester this time, if I'll have another baby or another loss. I wish I could feel the 'normal' signs of pregnancy because I've never had an uncomplicated pregnancy.

But I'm not saying this to guilt you into thinking that you should be grateful for your own pregnancy so please don't take it that way. What I'm saying is that we all experience a point in this time where we can't stand being pg for whatever reason. You aren't alone and it's totally normal to feel that way so don't feel bad for feeling so bad. Pregnancy is by no means always the glamorous, fun time that it's often portrayed as.

So hang in there. Have your OH pick up some magazines or books for you to read, binge watch your fave show on netflix, take up a hobby, plan your nursery. Have you tried any nausea treatments? Some women have great luck with ginger flavored candies, peppermints, or lemon drops to help control morning sickness and I know many women who have used dramamine or sea-bands to keep nausea at bay when in a car. (I feel you on that part. I get horridly nauseated and car sick when I'm in the first tri but oddly enough, I don't feel it as bad if I'm the driver.)

And know that this tends to pass as you get a bit further along. If not, talk to your doctor about it because there may be something they can prescribe or another OTC option that I didn't mention that may work for you.

Hun I can completely sympathize with you. I get HG (severe MS) and am sick for like the entire first trimester, well into my second. With this pregnancy the MS didn't subside until 20 weeks! I didn't think it was ever going to go away. I still get nauseated every once in a while but nothing like before. Now I'm dealing with SPD pain already and the tiredness of the first trimester still hasn't let up. It seems like I only have two trimesters of pregnancy: sickness and SPD. In all honesty I get a bit depressed during my pregnancies too because of how crappy I feel all the time. I can't go out, I can't play with my other kids like I want to, I don't ever feel like cooking... I feel so useless it is hard to remember that I'm growing a baby. The feeling usually fades though a few months postpartum when the baby starts sleeping better and your body has healed completely. If you're not feeling better by your 6 week postpartum checkup, definitely ask your doctor for a prescription for depression. They limit what you can take during pregnancy but by then you can pretty much take anything, I believe.

I think many of us have been where you are. We try to get pregnant, we look forward to the day we get the positive test, and then out of nowhere the morning sickness hits (heck, morning, noon, and night sickness). I think in our minds we tend to think that being pregnant will be this awesome experience that we will float right though and we feel a bit let down. With my first I was felt like I was constantly kneeling by the toilet, miserable. I finally saw my Dr. and she helped me with OTC remedies that helped immensely! I guess the only advice is that one day, when you look back, you will think, “it wasn’t that bad”. But, that doesn’t help you get through this day, or week, or month. You said you haven’t been able to go to church because of the nausea, maybe you could reach out to other members of the church for visits, or ask friends to come have a movie night. I know it stinks now, but in time it will pass. Actually, the end of the pregnancy was much better for me, hopefully it will be the same for you. Just keep thin finish line in mind, the day you get to snuggle that beautiful little life that was formed in your body! Prayers for you and your little one!

I'm certainly feeling this way this time and I totally sympathise with the lack of energy/motivation and not wanting the physical contact, it's really getting to me. I said to my OH I literally want to be in a bubble where nothing smells of anything and I don't have to make food or clean etc it's so hard!

Pregnancy has its highs and lows for sure. Sorry your feeling rough, I would definitely get some help from your doctor.

Hello hun! How many weeks are you? I could of written this last week. I promise you from experience 6-12 weeks is hardest. It is obviously different for everyone but i was so yucky first time and this time around in that first 12 weeks. Ive had thrush in my mouth. Ive also had cabin fever. Weekends have been sooooo boring! I dont clean up much. I lay down most the day eating crisps to settle my stomach. Drinks are gross. My teatime i want my bed. Ive barely spent time with my toddler! It's extremely hard!!

But trust me just focus on getting to ten weeks then you are nearly ready dor scans and your placenta takes over around then. That often helps ease symptoms.

Do not dread the 2nd trimester. It's wonderful compared to this bit. You stop feeling sick usually. You get abit of energy back. Trust me I didn't stop once i got to that 14 week time with dd. i went shopping i got a bump, i got a doppler, i went places again. It was magical finding out we were having a girl. I got stretch marks but i never had any piles etc. the 3rd trimester you get a little more drained and achy but compared to feeling sick and of all your food it was easy! You get to wash little outfits and pack your little hospital bag etc.

You have loads to look forward to. Just get these icky weeks out the way and if its too bad ask your dr for help. Mine wouldn't give me anything but i know some will. Take care xx

I completely understand and can relate. All I want to do is sleep, I'm having horrible headaches and back pain and I can't take anything good to ease the pain. I get sick when food is presented to me but I'm constantly hungry. I'm 10 weeks and cannot wait to get to the end of this trimester.

First trimester is the worst! I always felt so much better once I was in the 2nd and 3rd, and thoroughly enjoyed being pregnant by those stages.

I hear you (HG here too)

If it helps for me the first trimester was by far the hardest in my first pregnancy. I'm only 6 weeks along with my second and already struggling. The back pain, hemorrhoids, round ligament pain, hell even my pre-eclampsia were far easier combined than the nausea/vomiting. With any luck it will ease off soon and you will be able to enjoy your growing bump x

I can sympathise with you but for different reasons. I'm 9 weeks now and hating being pregnant because i dont feel pregnant. All my symptoms began fading away at 8 weeks and now today I've been completely fine all day. I'm hating the lack of symptoms because it makes me so afraid that I've lost the baby. My first pregnancy was a nightmare with me being taken to hospital because my MS was so bad, i was dehydrated with very low sugar levels. To go from a pregnancy like that to one as easy as this, i just feel like bad news is imminent. I have been getting more depressed and when i told my midwife she just told me it's normal for symptoms to come and go so i should try and enjoy feeling well. I can't though, I'm worried all the time about baby's wellbeing and am convinced when i finally get a scan, that there won't be a heartbeat and I'll have had a MMC. So that's why im hating being pregnant at the moment.

Hoping you start feeling a bit better soon. All the best.

-AussieBub

I hate being pregnant, I am sick and miserable and feel like my life is on hold. I find pregnancy to be very lonely, I feel like everyone else gets to continue on doing the things they love while I sit around feeling gross and fat and miserable. I am a big mountain biker, long distance trail runner, hiker, etc and although I try to find ways to remain active while pregnant, I just can't do the things that I love both because of physical discomfort and feeling sick all the time. I never get the surge of energy in the second tri that other people talk about, my sex drive is non-existant (we have DTD twice this pregnancy, and one time doesn't really count because I peed on OH in the middle of sex which not surprisingly ruined the mood), and even though morning sickness eases up around 25 weeks I never feel completely well until baby is out of me. But even despite hating pregnancy so much I got pregnant with #2 when DD was only 10 months old. It's a means to and end that you have to endure to get your baby. I definitely have had to develop a 'this too shall pass' attitude while pregnant and just know that it won't last forever.

Thanks a lot y'all, I really appreciate all the kind words and encouragement.

I'm at 10 weeks now, hopefully just 2 more to go. I spent the weekend spitting up everything I tried to eat, though that was mostly due to a stomach bug I had (thankfully I never hit a fever). I'd like to think it can't get much worse than that. I'm starting to feel better and appreciating that I don't feel that bad anymore.

"This too shall pass" will definitely become a motto for me. There's still nothing more terrifying to me than inevitable labor, though...waiting for that "impending doom" to be over with. Before I was even married, my now sister-in-law had shared her birth experience and accentuated how much labor hurts, and then shared every gory detail of her c-section and what that felt like. I thought I was going to die just listening to her explain it. I think I'm going to have to immerse myself in nothing but positive birth stories from here on, haha.

None of this will last forever! I know it's all worth it, and I'm thankful that things have been progressing healthily so far...but goodness, I can't wait for it to be over!

I hated being pregnant. Like where's the fun? You feel sick, your permanently tired, I look like shit - spotty and greasey skin. You can't drink, certain things you can't eat, have to cut back on coffee. Then theres the constant paranoia that somethings wrong.

Don't get me wrong there's loads of good aswell. Nothing will ever beat the 1st sonogram you have. Feeling that 1st flutter / kick is magical.

But I am so glad to be done reproducing now 👍

I've been where you are twice and honestly, as long as the road seems, it's all over in the blink of an eye! The nausea seems neverending and then one day you wake up and suddenly it's gone. The smell of garlic or aftershave will no longer turn your stomach and your energy levels will creep back and give you a new lease of life. Childbirth is of course painful BUT it wasn't as painful as I'd been led to believe! I stayed at home with my first until I was ready to push because I kept thinking, "this isn't as bad as it's supposed to be, there's still plenty of time to get to the hospital!" and she was nearly born in the car en route! Basically, pregnancy and childbirth aren't easy at all but you'll get through it quicker and easier than you first anticipated! Best of luck to you :) xx

Just wanted to add that just because all those things CAN happen doesn't mean they will. But agreed first tri is the worst tri for most. Hang in there. It'll all feel like a blur when your lo is here :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->