I have been thinking..

mommyB

2 boys and a girl
Reaction score
that when we start to TTC, I want to make it as relaxed as possible. For some reason, I don't want to temp, use OPK's, etc. Is that bad? I mean my cycles are like clockwork, which I am so thankful for because I was on the pill for so long. I am always sure when I ovulate. My hubby has something to do with this decision, he wants it to not be stressful. Which I agree with him, and if it is meant to happen it will happen. (I just hope I take after my mother when it comes to fertility:thumbup:)

I don't know:dohh:. Maybe I am just being silly, I guess with my time approaching so quickly, a million things are running through my mind. I mean if we BD around my estimated OV date, it only takes one little swimmer...
sorry for rambling on.

Different things work for different people. When I was charting it took me 6 months to fall PG, but I've fallen pregnant first month trying, both times I wasn't trying! x

Exactly that is true, different things work for different people. I would like to temp and chart and such, but I just don't want to. Maybe we will just try and then maybe go into to temping and stuff, if we are having a hard time.

Congrats Toria on you recent BFP! That is so exciting!

Dosent sound silly at all. Women were getting pregnant for thousands of years before the invention of OPK's and temping.
I think if you have sex a lot anyway your best NTNP.

That's how we plan to go about it! It sounds like it would lose the fun if you're all worried about the different things that can come along with actively trying (temping, opk's, etc)

OH says he just wants our babies conception to be out of love.

I am planning on taking the relaxed approach the first few months, just doing lots of BD around the right time. If after however many months I'm not getting pregnant I'll try temping etc, but to start with I want to be relaxed and enjoy it instead of worrying about temperate dips and slightly different CM!

That's how we plan to go about it! It sounds like it would lose the fun if you're all worried about the different things that can come along with actively trying (temping, opk's, etc)

OH says he just wants our babies conception to be out of love.

Aww, that's cute. We are still going to try when my estimated OV time is, just not going to do the other stuff. That is what my brother and SIL did and they got pregnant in their 3rd cycle with twin girls. So it deffinately works!LOL.

I am planning on taking the relaxed approach the first few months, just doing lots of BD around the right time. If after however many months I'm not getting pregnant I'll try temping etc, but to start with I want to be relaxed and enjoy it instead of worrying about temperate dips and slightly different CM!

That's exactly how we want to do it.

We're not TTC until June but we have both agreed that no temping and no OPKs unless we have had no luck for a minimum of 6 months. I think especially for hubby it would freak him out a bit and also I don't want to get any more obsessive that I already know I will be!

:flower:

Twins! That's awesome. Well maybe they need to send some baby dust your way. :)

We're not TTC until June but we have both agreed that no temping and no OPKs unless we have had no luck for a minimum of 6 months. I think especially for hubby it would freak him out a bit and also I don't want to get any more obsessive that I already know I will be!

:flower:

I can get stressed out quite easily and that is the last thing I want happening while TTC.

I find that BDing definitely reduces stress...and as long as you are doing plenty of that I doubt that there will be a problem :winkwink:

I don't think it's silly at all.

I have been temping the past couple of month whilst WTT as my cycles are not consistently the same length (they only vary by a few days though really) and I guess I want to feel like I'm doing something while I wait. I'll prob carry on whilst TTC but I'm not going to obsess over it - for instance I don't set my alarm at the weekends so if I take my temp an hour later, so be it - I'm not going to stress on it.

I did want to have a rough idea of when I ovulate though as I thought that would be helpful, especially as DH and I don't always have sex that often TBH (though that's probably a different thread altogether!).

K x

I'm already nuts and symptom spotting, I'm also thinking that I will drive myself crazy. Part of the reason I think I am so attentive to my body now is b/c it gives me a sense of peace to at least prepare for a baby, even if we're still NTTC. My hope is that we just get the BFP while we're stlll WTT, otherwise, I think I am going to be a total control freak. I also don't want to freak out DH. Whenever he thinks we're getting close to the fertile days, he totally gets nervous.

I too want the relaxed aproach. I actually got into temping and CM and OPKS for birth control purposes. I had been on the pill for 12 years and decided it was time to come off if we ever wanted kids! So we decided knowing when I ovulate would be great bc and when we decide we'll go NTNP.

Awww, thanks for all the support and feedback girls. That's why I love this site, I have people to talk to that are at the same stage of life. None of my friends are thinking of TTC and such, so it is nice that we can all support each other during this amazing time. Thanks girlies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->