I have just given my baby....

kelleepudding

Reaction score
..... a dummy for the first time..... at 5 months old!

We have had hysterical crying for the last week at bedtime, he just wont settle, tried every teething remedy possible, tried rocking, patting, pupd, you name it I have tried it, so tonight, at my wits end I have given him a dummy for the first time. Within 5 mins he was sound asleep.....

Ladies, do you think I have done the right thing? Will he always want it to go to sleep now?? I have taken it out now he is asleep so he doesnt get used to it in his mouth, arrggghhh!

Advice much appreciated!!

xx

My sister does what you've done... Give her LO the dummy and as soon as he's asleep she takes it out and it doesnt bother him... However, my LO rely's on her dummy at nap time/bed time, the only time I will allow it...
If it gets your LO to sleep, then I think you've done the right thing, but if you dont want LO to have a dummy, say it was a one off and throw them all out :flower:

I would love Ollie to be able to settle with a dummy consistantly - has done it once or twice but most often he will not take a dummy at all - at the mo he uses me lol... if you're happy and it is helping him then go with it.

hx

Thanks for the replies ladies, its so hard to know what to do. He was screaming hysterically and not even a cuddle with me or his dad would settle him but the dummy did!! I am hoping he is just going through a phase and he will go back to self settling soon!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->