I have to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'll add one last time, I figure on BnB we can talk about cervical mucus, circumsicion, removing cat's claws, etc etc etc....so why can't I let out a little frustration? Maybe I let it out wrong, but thats my bad...I believe one way, you believe another and thats that. I dont go to church and sit in a pew every Sunday, but I have faith, and I know God, he knows me, we talk daily...rather I talk and take small cues/intuitions/guidances silently from Him. Thats how I see it, and yes, I see myself and my husband in my daughter when I look at her, but I also see what miracle it is that she is alive and healthy and absolutely perfect to me and I can't see how just me and my husband made something that grand without a little intervention from somewhere.

So I can come online and judge you for believing in something as ridiculous as a 'god', for only behaving a certain way because you're told to, for being weak enough to have to have something to believe in in order to live your life properly... And you'll not be offended by this?

It seems to me that if you can come online and judge others, you should be able to take a Bit of judgement yourself?

I don't behave any which way because I'm told to, I'm not telling anyone how to live their life, I am not weak nor do I have to have something to believe in....I choose to. I choose these beliefs, may they be right or wrong. I never said that I judged anyone on here for believing what they do so please...do not put words in my mouth. And I can take judgement, just when its put into question I'll answer it to my best ability.

You didnt have to spell it out - your OP and the post that I quoted in my first response did the judging for themselves!

No, clearly everything needs to be spelled out on here, with it being such a sensitive topic I dont want to get the "she's just stirring something up" bit. So I will reply to anyone who calls me out in such hateful ways.

I'm sorry but (possible offensive line coming up but cant think of a better way to word it after no sleep and 1 hour to induction) are you stupid?

How can you say you are not judging those that dont believe when your opening line is in big bold letters stating you cant believe how we cant believe and say you feel sorry for those that dont have faith?!

I truely dont have a problem with your faith or beliefs but I would NEVER judge you (which you HAVE done, intentionally or not) for them!!

I'm sorry but (possible offensive line coming up but cant think of a better way to word it after no sleep and 1 hour to induction) are you stupid?

How can you say you are not judging those that dont believe when your opening line is in big bold letters stating you cant believe how we cant believe and say you feel sorry for those that dont have faith?!

I truely dont have a problem with your faith or beliefs but I would NEVER judge you (which you HAVE done, intentionally or not) for them!!

I feel sorry for the people who don't see the same sentiment when they look at their children, that they dont see true miracles right in front of their faces. Not because people dont think the way I do. And I will say it again, I FEEL SORRY FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T THINK THAT THEIR CHILD IS AN ABSOLUTE MIRACLE! and yet I get called the rude one? And I never said anyone was stupid either...that is rude.

I feel sorry for the people who don't see the same sentiment when they look at their children, that they dont see true miracles right in front of their faces. Not because people dont think the way I do. And I will say it again, I FEEL SORRY FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T THINK THAT THEIR CHILD IS AN ABSOLUTE MIRACLE! and yet I get called the rude one? And I never said anyone was stupid either...that is rude.

In what sense do you miracle? Turning water into wine may be a 'miracle' in the christian sense, but sperm inseminating an egg is science.

For what its worth, I think my son is the most amazing person I have ever known or am likely to know. He is more loved than he could ever hope to be.

ETA: I'm unsubscribing from this thread as a) I have better things to do with my time, and b) I still think you are just rude, judgemental and not a very nice person. What a way in trying to promote your christian faith. You done good. :thumbup:

Hmmm,

1) you cant throw a statement at me that I apolgised for in advance! And I never said you were stupid, I asked if you were because the fact you are judging all the non believers seems to be sailing over your head!

2) how DARE you suggest that you think your child is "better" than mine in any way. My child (ren) are miracles only from my POV from a scientific angle not a religious one so I will reiterate, take your pity elsewhere!

I'm out now, the impending birth of my third MIRACLE is more pressing :baby:

In what sense do you miracle? Turning water into wine may be a 'miracle' in the christian sense, but sperm inseminating an egg is science.

For what its worth, I think my son is the most amazing person I have ever known or am likely to know. He is more loved than he could ever hope to be.

I think that my daughter is a miracle from God. Not every woman is blessed enough to conceive a child, to carry one to term, to have a person to guide and teach and watch grow and learn...that to me is a miracle. Yes I know there is some science to it, but I just think that Gods blessing is what makes it all possible. But I don't expect everyones definition of the word 'miracle' to be the same.

And I'll add one last time, I figure on BnB we can talk about cervical mucus, circumsicion, removing cat's claws, etc etc etc....so why can't I let out a little frustration? Maybe I let it out wrong, but thats my bad...I believe one way, you believe another and thats that. I dont go to church and sit in a pew every Sunday, but I have faith, and I know God, he knows me, we talk daily...rather I talk and take small cues/intuitions/guidances silently from Him. Thats how I see it, and yes, I see myself and my husband in my daughter when I look at her, but I also see what miracle it is that she is alive and healthy and absolutely perfect to me and I can't see how just me and my husband made something that grand without a little intervention from somewhere.

So I can come online and judge you for believing in something as ridiculous as a 'god', for only behaving a certain way because you're told to, for being weak enough to have to have something to believe in in order to live your life properly... And you'll not be offended by this?

It seems to me that if you can come online and judge others, you should be able to take a Bit of judgement yourself?

I don't behave any which way because I'm told to, I'm not telling anyone how to live their life, I am not weak nor do I have to have something to believe in....I choose to. I choose these beliefs, may they be right or wrong. I never said that I judged anyone on here for believing what they do so please...do not put words in my mouth. And I can take judgement, just when its put into question I'll answer it to my best ability.

You didnt have to spell it out - your OP and the post that I quoted in my first response did the judging for themselves!

No, clearly everything needs to be spelled out on here, with it being such a sensitive topic I dont want to get the "she's just stirring something up" bit. So I will reply to anyone who calls me out in such hateful ways.

Saying you are 'stirring' because you posted a controversial thread and then didn't reply for hours is hardly hateful. You would want to get a life. I doubt many people on here thought much about this thread after turning off their computer. Hate is a very strong emotion.

well i might as well throw my penny in lol. we dont believe in god and it doesnt bother me if u do or dont.

when i look into my lo's eyes i see her looking a me with a bizarre look saying "woman do something with ur hair and wash the black circles around ur eyes lol".

seriously im amazed at my lo, it was me and oh who created her.

Spoken with true Irish humour!!!

Love it :happydance:

why thank u :flower:

well i might as well throw my penny in lol. we dont believe in god and it doesnt bother me if u do or dont.

when i look into my lo's eyes i see her looking a me with a bizarre look saying "woman do something with ur hair and wash the black circles around ur eyes lol".

seriously im amazed at my lo, it was me and oh who created her.

Spoken with true Irish humour!!!

Love it :happydance:

why thank u :flower:

Had to say that Icey. I'm Irish myself but what you said reminded me of something one of my friends would say!

I don't believe in God.
Me and OH made Jake and im so proud of that. WE made him. His sperm, my egg.
It's all science to me. Evolution..!
Jake looks like me and OH, not God. So I know where he came from. :)

I have lost a baby and I don't believe it was God that made that happen. It was to do with my body not being able to carry a baby, at that specific time. Science again!

Saying you are 'stirring' because you posted a controversial thread and then didn't reply for hours is hardly hateful. You would want to get a life. I doubt many people on here thought much about this thread after turning off their computer. Hate is a very strong emotion.

again, I do BnB on my downtime when my baby is sleeping and I have nothing else to do...so yes, it was a few hours before I could get back on to see my thread be bombarded by some "hateful" comments. I won't even go into "getting a life", I have one just like everyone else who logs on to BnB when they have nothing to do. I may come across harsh at times, but I do have good intentions. And obviously people thought about this thread as much as I have for it to still be going and with the same people such as yourself and others. It is a controversial topic so it does affect people enough to come back to it.

But...I am going to bed now, so it will be several hours before I check here again. If people choose not to respond to it anymore, then I'll have nothing to comment back to.

I think you will find most people have come back to the thread because they cannot believe some of the things you have said.

It's funny - I am from Ireland where a lot of people are still religious and I often laugh with my friends that some of the older people that go to mass everyday (not everyone) are some of the most gossipy and spiteful people. Just because you believe in God doesn't make you automatically a nice person.

As others have said, you are judgemental, and that is not a very nice trait in a person.

I think you will find most people have come back to the thread because they cannot believe some of the things you have said.

It's funny - I am from Ireland where a lot of people are still religious and I often laugh with my friends that some of the older people that go to mass everyday (not everyone) are some of the most gossipy and spiteful people. Just because you believe in God doesn't make you automatically a nice person.

As others have said, you are judgemental, and that is not a very nice trait in a person.

Funny enough, everyone else is claiming to be non judgemental yet thats all I feel has been done to me. I have not been mean or called anyone names, nor have I said that anyone was wrong for not feeling or believing the way I do. Nor have I commented on anyone elses personality traits because they feel differently than I do...maybe its just me but from where I come from, thats being pretty nice. Just because you don't like what I say doesn't make me a bad person, just means that we disagree.

I feel sorry for the people who don't see the same sentiment when they look at their children, that they dont see true miracles right in front of their faces. Not because people dont think the way I do. And I will say it again, I FEEL SORRY FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T THINK THAT THEIR CHILD IS AN ABSOLUTE MIRACLE.

And where do I even start after that quote? When I look at Emma I see the child that my husband and I so wanted and we spent a very long time waiting and trying for. ALL parents think that their child is a wonder and a miracle, just not all of us consider then to be a religious miracle and that does not mean that we need you to pity us thanks all the same.

Our son died at birth because his umbilical cord had not properly formed and he crushed it. This was not an act of God, it is an example of how sometimes science doesn't quite get it right. Neither is it, as a previous poster suggested because I have a weak spirit and the devil was able to work his way in:growlmad: That remark is just highly offensive.

When my Mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer I did not pray to God that she would pull through. I just hoped that the drugs scientists had created would help her a bit. When you do not believe in God you do not pray even when things are at there very worst.

I have seen many nasty things done in the name of religion both on a global and more personal level. Believing in God does not make you a better/ kinder/ happier/ etc person than someone who does not. There are nice people and not so nice people on both sides of the religious divide. If believing in God is this thing which has made you so judgemental OP then I am glad that I don't believe.

I feel sorry for the people who don't see the same sentiment when they look at their children, that they dont see true miracles right in front of their faces. Not because people dont think the way I do. And I will say it again, I FEEL SORRY FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T THINK THAT THEIR CHILD IS AN ABSOLUTE MIRACLE.

And where do I even start after that quote? When I look at Emma I see the child that my husband and I so wanted and we spent a very long time waiting and trying for. ALL parents think that their child is a wonder and a miracle, just not all of us consider then to be a religious miracle and that does not mean that we need you to pity us thanks all the same.

Our son died at birth because his umbilical cord had not properly formed and he crushed it. This was not an act of God, it is an example of how sometimes science doesn't quite get it right. Neither is it, as a previous poster suggested because I have a weak spirit and the devil was able to work his way in:growlmad: That remark is just highly offensive.

When my Mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer I did not pray to God that she would pull through. I just hoped that the drugs scientists had created would help her a bit. When you do not believe in God you do not pray even when things are at there very worst.

I have seen many nasty things done in the name of religion both on a global and more personal level. Believing in God does not make you a better/ kinder/ happier/ etc person than someone who does not. There are nice people and not so nice people on both sides of the religious divide. If believing in God is this thing which has made you so judgemental OP then I am glad that I don't believe.

:thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: totally agree

Tbh I don't know why the OP posted this thread if they know it will cause debate and alot of upset, as I know if I lost a baby I couldn't believe in god and this thread would upset me, sorry if anyone disagrees x

I agree...this could cause alot of upset x

Just so everyone knows, I have lost a baby and I do not believe that it was God's fault. I'm a believer in God's will shall be done and when bad things happen I know that it's either one of two things, either thats how its supposed to happen in the grand scheme of things, or its the devil actions being manifested by a weak soul. Again....my opinion. I have had way too many good things happen in my life to NOT believe that there is a God out there and that he is the reason that I have the good things in my life that I have. I am a blessed woman, wife, and mom and I thank him everyday for it.

I have just realised that it was in fact the OP who made the repugnant remark about weak souls. And then you have the audacity to say that you are not judgemental and are being pretty nice. Seriously, it defies belief.

Why do religious debates always have to get so stupid? It would be wonderful to have an intelligent, reasonable and thoughtful religious debate. *goes off into daydream* :dohh:

If the statement 'How can you not believe in God when you look into your child's eyes' is judgemental, then people on the non-believeing side have been judgemental too in that case, saying 'How can you believe when bad things happen??' - that's just the other side of the coin.

I often get the impression it's ok for non-believers to judge believers (for various reasons), but believers aren't allowed to speak about what they believe or they are called offensive. it seems strange that if one even suggests that it seems illogical in the face of some of the wonders of nature not to believe in God one gets attacked :shrug: - and I think that's all the OP did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back