I Just Can't Find The Right Doctor!

better2gether

Ladybug's Mommy!
Reaction score
I feel like I am going crazy. The place I currently go to is a nightmare. They honestly treat me like a child. Talking down to me, snapping at me, etc. For example I called today and they asked when I was last seen. She told me I shouldn't have "skipped" my 12 week scan and that I couldn't "skip" anymore. Excuse me, but that is the MOTHER'S choice. It is an optional scan at the practice I go to. Why should I have to defend my decision?! I just don't like anyone there - the receptionists, the ultrasound tech, the nurse, the doctor. It just isn't a good fit for me. And I feel like I'm freaking out because I don't have THE doctor yet. I'm just using a crappy one so my baby is getting care in the meantime. I'm doing my research but it is just so stressful. Why can't this be easy!!! Sorry for the whiny rant. My boyfriend doesn't know what to do. He wants to be supportive, but at the same time, can't understand why I'm so upset. I'm hormonal and dealing with jerk people just ain't cuttin' it. I seriously almost cried after making my 20 week appointment today... She was that mean. I can't feel excited. I dread calling the damn place, let alone going there. But I should feel excited!

I switched doctors right around 16 weeks (maybe a bit before? can't remember) and I am SO happy I did!! It's so hardto find a doctor that's the right fit. I had the BEST doctor with my daughter but I found out when I got pregnant this time that he was no longer delivering babies. Then I just picked a doctor at random to get the initial stuff done with and his office was horrible and disorganized. The staff was always rushed and rude. Switched to a doctor with great recommendations from friends and I feel so much better!

It really makes a HUGE difference when you get the right one. Keep looking! Remember that no one will be perfect though so make sure you know what you absolutely need from them. Also google the names and locations of the ones you are thinking about and you can find ratings of them from others. That helped me lots! Don't forget there are midwives too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->