I just can't stop crying

ljpossi123

Reaction score
I'm not joking, i literally can't stop crying and stupidly keep finding myself watching something sad on tv or thinking about sad things and i can't stop.

A friend of DH's passed away last week, i didn't know her but she has left 3 small children and it's just so sad. Then DH annoyed me last night going out til late and didn't take his phone so i ended up looking out the window for an hour waiting for him then when he did get home i just let rip and ended up crying for ages.

Anything and everything is setting me off and now i have a headache, am short of sleep, my eyes are puffy and i have to look after the kids all day and take dd to a play date this afternoon and make small talk with the other kids mother which i really can't be bothered to do.

I know this is just a hormonal / pregnancy thing but it's really getting me down - i need to snap out of it but it's hard.

Lisa
13+4

Ah im a emotional person as it is.... but since pregnancy iv been crying at the smallest things. i watched a film called p.s i love you last night, and i cried for most of it...

i even cried when i dropped my daughter off to my friends last week..

so you are not the only one :) xxx

I'm exactly the same .... but I wasn't much better before I was pregnant!

I think its pretty normal and nothing to worry about, our hormones are flying about all over the place!!

Is it crying mixed with feeling really low? If so you might need to mention to the midwife just to be on the safe side. I was on anti-depressants before I got pregnant (stopped taking them as soon as I found out) but the MWs do keep an eye on me where things like this are concerned and apparently I'm OK lol, no need for them to worry! But if its just general tearfullness then you should be OK :) xx

Im the same hun i really am! I was crying the other day because i was thinking about my dog dying, my dog is still alive and fully kicking lol, then last night i was hystericly crying because i had a stuffy nose and a sore throught lol! O and i spoke to my OH on the phone before and he put on a funny accent and i just cried because he wouldnt stop, its getting out of control, i hardly ever used to cry, infact i used to find it hard to show my emotions, and now i cant control them!!! xxx

I was like that until about maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago. I mean, I'm still far more partial to crying than I ever have been but first tri and early second I was like a tap!!!!

Hopefully your body will get used to the excess hormones soon and I get the feeling when the placenta takes over (any time in early second tri) that our bodies feel less burdened and the good hormones start pumping.

Hang on in there and know its the hormones and let those close to you know as well. Ask your OH for extra love and attention at this time to help you cope. You're growing his baby after all! :winkwink: :hugs: Best of luck!

I wasn't at all emotional before pregnancy, but now find that the smallest thought can make me well up... :cry: (especially the happy things! :dohh: )

So you are completely normal.

The only things that I can suggest are talking about things and lots of cuddles. Try not to get worried/depressed that you are drying a lot - since that makes it worse. DO mention it to your MW - they want to know if you are "down".

:hugs:

QT

Im the same hun i really am! I was crying the other day because i was thinking about my dog dying, my dog is still alive and fully kicking lol,

Sounds like me! I keep getting tearful when I think how sad it would be if I was cruel to my rabbits, and how sad and neglected they would look. I don't know why these weird thoughts keep coming into my head. They are the most spoilt rabbits in the world.

And I cry about everything else too

Yes dear it is all part of the joy! I cried so hard in 1st tri that I would ask DH to leave and I would just scream cry in the pillow. As soon as all the energy was out I would trot off to laugh and have fun! It is SO WEIRD! But I did notice that it faded away slowly. Now, I just cry when I feel overwhelmed. Not so much for every darn thing. It was silly there for a bit! Good luck and don't try to hold it in. Just cry it out. It seems to be healthy as long as we are not depressed or not feeling well. A good cry gets out stress. :hugs:

big :hugs: Sorry to hear about your DH's friend

totally know where you're coming from with the emotions... I was hoping it would be one of those things I wouldn't have to deal with, because I'm normally so happy - but stupid things set me off... like my husband snapping at me (not meanly.. something I'd normally laugh off) and I just can't help it.. he made the mistake of saying "we're almost 20 weeks! so like 24 weeks till you can start exercising hard core again!" (he meant it to be inspirational, we always try to motivate each other) and I started crying because to me he was saying "then you won't be so damn fat!" lol

I'm nearly 20 weeks pregnant and i cry near enough over everything. X factor made me cry and so does supernanny and wife swap! Lmao
xx

I am so glad to find this because I thought I was the only one! I barely ever squeaked out a tear before and now, I cry over the littlest things....which to me seem pretty big at the time....I cried (like big cries) recently because it was 5am and I was up since 2am unable to sleep for the "I do not even remember" how many nights in a row........This is one thing I am not used to....and I am so happy with my family and to be pregnant.....I am 21 weeks along and granted, maybe I could have cried more in the past, but now, I will gratefully take a happy medium soon, lol!

Have always been emotional and cry at everything happy or sad but at the moment its proper sobbing crying.

Ladies if you are like this especially if you have a dog DONT WATCH MARLEY AND ME!! finished watching it about 15 min ago its so sad:cry: could not stop hugging my dog poor thing is hiding under the table now she must think I'm mad.

Oh well gonna keep the tissues handy x factor on in a bit

Sorry to hear about your friend OP.

I'm actually the opposite with the tears. Usually I'm a big crier and so far I've only cried once since getting pregnant. Dunno what the story is but it's great, it was actually pretty debilitating. Probably go back to normal after the birth. :(

Aw honey I did exactly the same last week. I had a day where EVERyTHING got on top of me and was all a but too much. It does fade - I think it's a new dump of hormones when it really gets us down.

It's natural to think about those poor children - it's shows you're a caring person.

Talk to us, to friends, to hubby, to your mum - and don't think you are alone, daft or isolated.

Sending you huge hugs. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"