I lied to the doctor today

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
Well, we took the baby for another 2 jabs today and she asked a few questions about his sleeping routine and feeding.
My baby now feeds every 2-4 hours and he wakes up 4-5 times a night. He's 4 months old today.
She thinks he should sleep through already but you know that you can';t expect that with every babies. So i said he';s fine, he only wakes up at night often because he;s teething not for food :roll: (he does wants both food and comfort)
And he';s a big boy ,weighs 19.8 lbs today but he's also quite long 66cm
She said I should start giving him bla bla bla..... I said ok (but i wont start yet until next month or so,he's still satisfied with just my milk)
And she said when he;s 6-9 months old i should feed him once a night, none from 9 months onwards. He should be sleeping through. And i said OK.

I can't promise that because if he's hungry then i won't leave him cry of hunger

Do you do everything you are told?
i don't want too much hassle, so i just listen and nod

i dont listen to half the stuff im told anymore. i know her better than they do, once my health visitor told me to only feed her every4 hrs. even tho the hospital said when she wants it lol.
go with what u feel is right really, no1 knows ur baby better than u xx

I rarely listen to the HV.. i've got friends with kids so ask their advice :)

I sometimes think there is too much info about what is best for babies etc. Nobody knows your baby better than you do, and no baby fits perfectly into charts that say at this age your child should be doing this that and the other.

When I was last at the docs, I asked about upping his formula and when best to start solids etc. My doc gave me info, but also said its only a rough guide etc. She advised me not to change his formula to the next level and to wait if poss, but I did anyway. I could tell he was constantly hungry and needed the next level - he sleeps through again now, so that was obviously the problem.

I never listen to them lol they drive me nuts I got with my gut and it usually turns out ok !

I dont always listen... But getting up 4-5 times a night IS a bit much...

I dont always listen... But getting up 4-5 times a night IS a bit much...

Kaya still gets up this often some nights. All babies are different, some sleep through really early, while others like to take their time lol.

I dont listen to people every baby is defferent and so is evert parent, think most people would frown and think i was mad with tabs but i dont care

i'll listen to any advice to avoid me getting up 4 or 5 times a night. My LO has just staretd this and I think it's comfort feeding as he's teething....If I cold convince him to sleep through I would....so if anyone ahs advice I'll listen!

That said, I do sometimes pick and choose which advice I take. THough I do TRY and take most of what the doc says. I'm sure she knows what she's doing as I know mine has had babies too.

you know your own baby hun, some docs n hv talk crap not every baby is the same

I would normally say ignore them, but 4-5 times a night is quite a bit I must agree. I could see if it was 1-2 times, Colton still does that; but 4-5 times is like every 1.5-2 hours. I dont see how you sleep, I'd be so tired.
If he is so big, I dont think it would hurt to wean him. It will steady his weight out alot; Colton was 10lbs when he was born and he wasn't even that big at 4mo. Not saying anything about his eating, or meaning anything, but Colton has always been a big boy.
And even if you didn't want to completely wean him, you could try alittle baby rice, then hold off on all fruits/veggies etc until 5-6months, or whenever you planned on weaning.
However, not saying or trying to talk you into it (I know some people might get offended), I'm not the one around your baby, you will know him best.

Hes your baby hun you do what you think is best for him, but 4-5 times a night, how do you do it?? Dec only ever got up 3 times a night and I was exhausted. I take my hat of to you and if you are happy and baby is happy then its an all round win xx

And she said when he;s 6-9 months old i should feed him once a night, none from 9 months onwards.
Made me laugh as Jack hasn't had a night feed since he was 3-4 months lol! Professionals should know every baby is different! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->