I miss food! - Ideas Welcome!!

CrazyMumma

Reaction score
I am really struggling with getting decent nutrition at the moment

I have Coeliacs Disease (I cannot eat anything with gluten, wheat, barley, oats or malt). I also HATE cheese.

DH and I have had previous MCs - so am trying to be very cautious about what I am eating.

Pre pregnancy my diet was kind of like this (and yes not so healthy)

Bfast - Coffee

Lunch - ham/chicken sammie / hot chips / sushi

Dinner - meat and veges / lasange / spag bol type meals.

I cannot stand meat of any type at the moment - so for dinners I have just been having mashed spud/veges/gravey.

But lunch is next to impossible!!! Gluten free bread is quite dense and dry - so I always used fillings like ham/chicken to give it some flavor and moisture. I hate jams and the pathetic substitute they have for vegemite - so making a sammie thats edible is rather hard. And my go-to of sushi is out :(

I'm quite a conservative eater - but I am getting sick of feeling like theres nothing I can eat!

I know it's something small but for lunch maybe a fruit salad or something like that 😊 sorry if I'm no help just didn't want to read and run as I've got a little bit different I have something once enjoy it and can't have it again lol xx

Hi CM, I'm gluten intolerant, bloats me like a big balloon and I'm also a high risk pregnancy as I have immune issues so staying away from highly inflammatory foods like pasta, cereal, crackers, & noodles.

I can tell you a few examples of meals and maybe it'll inspire you?
Breakfasts weekdays are 3/4 to 1cup cottage cheese (some ppl are quite fussy about cottage cheese so greek yoghurt would be a good sub). W/ a fruit or fruit cocktail/berries.

Any good yoghurt will have at least 2-3x protein content over carb content ie get plain greek over a flavoured greek. With flavoured & high carb yoghurts all you're doing is loading up on sugar which will make ms or sensitivities worse.

Breakfast weekend/ Turkey bacon or ham steak, fruit, cottage cheese or spinach protein pancakes (no wheat) see pinterest for recipe ideas
Lunch: salad & left overs ie today was red snapper with Bernaise sauce but if you can't have protein maybe a bean salad or soup. I would be adding a scoop of protein powder to my soup to help with cravings. Without protein in every meal my cravings become unmanageable and I eat way too much. Protein is also very important for baby's growth (carbs don't repair or build tissue, they provide you with energy and what you don't use gets stored as fat, protein repairs, builds, fundamental to brain function & concentration) and protein also curbs hunger pangs.

Dinner: 2 nights ago dinner was a prawn, zucchini, leek, onion stir fry. Last night was red snapper + asparagus & Bernaise sauce, hot n sour soup over the weekend (homemade), Indian slow cooker lamb the week before that.
Hope that helps! Unjury has a protein powder that is chicken soup - I love it, it's delicious if real protein is unpallatable to you right now. Also if you search Pinterest with gluten free paleo you'll get loads of recipes that might inspire you.

https://pinterest.com/pin/149041068894777307/
Coconut book chop mushroom soup
image.jpg

Just an idea, but I am really enjoying this potato salad I made. I used greek yogurt in the dressing to cut fat and add protein and added extra boiled eggs and bacon for even more protein. There is also avocado, olives, red onion, and pickles in it!

Do you like sweet potatoes? They're delicious baked with hummus or sour cream.

Also can you have rice? Risotto is my go to comfort food, and even better stuffed into a roast butternut squash! They don't have to be cheesy, I often make them without cheese. There are so many other rice dishes too and rice noodles! Yum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->