I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

it is good that we are all doing so well. We want another but I have said 3 years. I know this time I will end up with a c-section as my pelvis is small so it makes that side of things easier.

Alana is feeding well and sleeping 6 hours at night which is great for me. I am still amazed she fit inside me though.

waiting I feel given the pregnancy and birth I was due some payback.

I know what you mean about them fitting inside you. I was measuring small throughout my pregnancy and ended up with an 8lb 8oz, 22.5inch long mega baby!! I cant imagine how he fit in there!

And i am already back in my jeans!!!! I cant believe how lucky i am! xxx

well my xanax has made me feel soo much better..today is the first day Ive felt pretty normal and not cried once yet!!..can only take half a pill coz of the drowsiness side effect..and have to dump my milk after I pump and just use formula for now till Im off it in a few weeks once the zoloft really kicks in..but its soo nice to feel ok for the first time in weeks..actually not dreading the inlaws coming too much either...since LO is on the bottle and not boob that means MIL can help and I can maybe rest some..Im not going to go back to BF-ing Im just going to pump and supplement...so she'll get about 4 bottles breastmilk a day and then the rest will be formula..its working better for the bonding and its working better for her tummy as well since we switched to Similac Sensitive..the Enfamil newborn was messing her tummy up bad...and making her reflux bad too...so hopefully this is for the better all around for both of us

I am getting to grips now with BF. I express just 2oz and then cup feed this additional amount before bed. This seems to fill her up a little more than without.

Im glad your feeling better MrsJerome, i hope you continue to feel well with the tablets xxx

Anyone read the baby whisperer? Ive ordered, but ive been getting on the website and really like it. Its a forum kind of like BNB. Theyve got lots of topics on feeding, sleeping, etc. Weve been trying out a routine the last few nights ( knock on wood) thats been working pretty well. Im now a firm believer in swaddling. I had tried it a few times before and he would always wiggle free. I got one of those swaddle blankets and so far its been a godsend. They talk alot about this in the BW.

Another thing were trying is cluster feeding before bed. Were FF now, so i dont know about BF. Regardless if hes sleeping, we wake him up at 5pm to eat and again at 7pm and then a dreamfeed at 10. Except its usually not a dreamfeed. In between feeds instead of having him in the living room with us i swaddle him and put him in his crib. Last night went great! Going to try and keep at. He went for 3hrs beyween all night feedings. (prgress for us). Chrck out the babywhisperer forum, i really like it!

Alana loves being swaddled. We cluster feed between 5pm-8.30pm ish. She then sleeps until 3am-3.30am ish. Feeds until 5am ish then sleeps until about 7.30am. She may then take a small feed and sleep for another hour. She cluster feeds all morning, then we swaddle and she sleeps again for about 6 hours. I do give her a dummy though occasionally as she likes to comfort suck.

Will definitely look at the baby whisperer.

Corin hates being swaddled. She always has to have her arms free. She naturally cluster feeds before bed time and usually goes to sleep from about 9 until 1am and then wakes around 4 and then sleeps until about 7.30. Being woken up twice in the night is totally doable. She usually just gets changed, feeds and goes back to sleep.

What type of dummy are you using Hippy? We tried TT which she doesn't like and also MAM which she will occasionally tolerate. She'd rather stay attached to me though.

yep avent soothie here..the green soft soft kind is the only kind she will take

We use an Avent pacifier as well, but not the soothie one. It was the first one I tried and she liked it, so we stuck with it (I tried it first because I had the most of that kind). As of Thursday we are off the nipple shield! :D My nipples are still sore, but not as bad as it was. I still have cracks, but they aren't bleeding. Hopefully time will help with all of that! Lauren gets up twice at night and usually goes back to sleep after a changing and feed. Last night she went a 5 hour stretch for the first time, which was amazing!

Corin hates being swaddled. She always has to have her arms free. She naturally cluster feeds before bed time and usually goes to sleep from about 9 until 1am and then wakes around 4 and then sleeps until about 7.30. Being woken up twice in the night is totally doable. She usually just gets changed, feeds and goes back to sleep.

What type of dummy are you using Hippy? We tried TT which she doesn't like and also MAM which she will occasionally tolerate. She'd rather stay attached to me though.

The TT were too big for her mouth, we are using MAM which she is ok with, but I am wondering if they are affecting her latch as she now keeps going for the nipple the last few days, I just find that like last night she fed on and off between 4.30pm and 11pm, which is just completely tiring and most of the time she didn't want food, but just the breast for comfort.

I totally understand why people go for bottles as at least you know how much they eat, it makes feeding easier for them and they can then have a dummy without worrying about your nipples getting chewed. Breast feeding can be so tiring.

Great news about the nipple shields :)

I have gotten so much rest since we switched to bottlefeeding and it is nice to know how much she gets...and also have my boobs free unless Im pumping lol.. glad everyone is doing ok...think LO has thrush so taking her to the Dr. monday to get it checked out before it ends up all over her mouth or as a diaper rash

Hoe she gets better!

Our LO is 1 month old today! Even though this has been a hard month, its been the fastest month of my life! And the best!

I pumped for the last time 2 days ago! Weve got enough breastmilk frozen for another week. Im glad i did it, because initially i easnt going to. But, man so much better!

how much milk do you get when you pump? do you pump for an hour? I am trying to see if I am producing enough milk for Alana, although I think she is just having a growth spurt.

An hour?! When i was pumping in the beginning i pumped for 15-20 min and got 5-6 oz. I never had a problem with supply.

I only pump when I start to get engorged. It's usually only once in the morning, and maybe once more during the day. So far I have been freezing it because Lauren hasn't had a bottle yet. I pump for 5 minutes and I get around 3 oz. I don't pump longer than that because I don't feel the need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->