I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

Alana is still not back to birth weight she is 6lb 6oz and 21 days old today.

LO hasnt been back to the dr yet but when i stand on the scale with him, he weighs over 10 lbs now. I cant believe hell be 6weeks on thurs. Time is passing so fast. I go back to work jan 11, im dreading it! Our Bedtime routine my favorite time with him, and ill be missing it on the nights i work :(
I had my 6 wk appt today, im getting the mirena put in as soon as it comes in.
Our nights seem to be going much better now. I give him a dreamfeed at 10:15-10:30 before i go to bed. Hes usually waking up around 1- 1:30am and 4- 4:30 to eat then sleeps til almost 8. I can handle two wakings at night. The next step will be dropping the 1am feed, but i dont see it happening any time soon. I got the book. The baby whisperer solves all your problems, love it! Its really helped me, thats when i started doing the dreamfeed and having a set bedtime routine. Its really made all the difference.

Stouffer, what degree was your tear? Is it painful?

It was a second degree tear. Thankfully it's not too painful, it just stings a little bit at times. I haven't tried DTD though because being examined was pretty sore so I don't think I could handle it yet.

I got the book. The baby whisperer solves all your problems, love it! Its really helped me, thats when i started doing the dreamfeed and having a set bedtime routine. Its really made all the difference.

what is your bedtime routine and when do you start it? just wondering coz lately she has been fighting her "bedtime" like crazy...

we got back from the Dr a bit ago..shes 10lbs 9.5oz...20.9 inches long..so 90% weight wise and 50% height wise..she had white blood cells in her urine so they are going to culture it and Im home that its not an infection..they switched her to Similac Sensitive Spit Up as I told them Im pretty sure she has silent reflux..she has spit up maybe 5 times total since she was born but gets the hiccups constantly..gulps and gets choked during feedings and then also gasps and gulps while she sleeps...nothing ever comes out though..but the Dr. listened and didnt act like I was just being paranoid so we'll see how the new formula goes... her thrush is also pretty much cleared up...going to keep the meds up for another week or so prolly just incase....kind of glad Im not BF-ing now and dont have to worry about my nipples lol..

I got the routine from the book

Cluster feed before bed either at 5 & 7 or 6& 8. I always swaddle him for bed, i use those swaddle blankets from walmart that have the velcro on them, this way he doesnt wake himself up. I feed him wi only the closet light on and the music from the mobile going. They say to do the same routine every night. Hes pretty much asleep by the end of the feed. The book says put them down awake, but i havent been doing that. I rock him for about 5 min after hes asleep then put him down and restart the mobile (no lights just music)
At 10-11 i do the dreamfeed. I just make sure i do it before he wakes up for another feed. You pick them up really carefully without waking them up and feed them. He stays asleep the whole time. (some people say their so relaxed during this that you dont need to burp them, but my LO needs to be burped) i try to burp him. Somehow he still doesnt wake up. Then i lay him back down and dont wake him. It says you dont change their diaper unless you can obviously smell poop.
The cluster feeding and dream feed "tanks them up" so they sleep longer at night. Since weve been doing the new routine, weve o ly had one bad night. (lets hope tonight goes well)

oh ok thought you were doing BF-ing...well...she ate at 4..took a nap in the swing in the living room...ate again at 7...didnt really take nap per say but "rested" while I was cooking dinner and while I ate..and then she ate again at 8:30 and now shes asleep in her bassinet in the nursery so we will see how long it lasts..hopefully last till atleast 11

Im hoping since that new sensitive for spit up formula has rice in it that it will keep her asleep longer maybe

I gave Alana 3oz of Formula last night at 10.15 as she had been cluster feeding from 5.30pm and was getting really annoyed at the breast and when I squeezed only a tiny dribble of milk came out. OMG she guzzled the bottle down in seconds and then I felt guilty as I feel my breast wasn't enough. I am going to see the doctor and see if he can give me those tablets to increase milk supply. I think if not we will switch to a bottle at 10.30pm each night to help fill her up.

My little porker baby has put on 10.5oz in 1 week!!! IAnd at 26 days old, Alfie went 9 hours last night! have magical booby milk! I am so proud of my baby xxx

it must be something in the air..Brieanan slept from 11pm-6am last night..ate ..and then slept again till 9:30!! and the other night she slept from 11pm-almost 5am.... I think its the baby zantac they put her on...yay!! but she does fight sleep like crazy!!

Great news MrsT.

Alana has gone from sleeping for 6 hours feeding to another 3 to waking every 3 hours or so now. I am hoping this means when I take her to get weighed next week she will have put on more weight and be above birth weight finally.

I got 6 hours unbroken sleep the other night too. It was great! I'm still having the odd night of very broken sleep. There's always the occasional growth spurt to throw things!

we just got back from the Dr. she had white blood cells in her urine when they did the urine bag at her 1 month appt so we had to go get a clean catch cath done just now..she did really well and hardly even cried course she was asleep so that might be why..get the results back maybe tomorrow but prolly Monday..

Hope they come back ok MrsJ.

I let Alana feed for 2 hours again last night and then Matt gave her 2oz of milk in a bottle. She slept from 6pm-8.30pm woke for feeding then slept 11pm-4.30am, up for a 10 mins drink and then back to sleep for an hour. She then got up and fed for an hour on and off then back to sleep at 8.45am until 10.45am. This sleep pattern is ok but not sure how long it will last for. I think expressing and letting Matt do a feed last thing at night is filling her up faster than from the breast would.

Lauren goes back and forth from sleeping 6-7 hours and then back to 4 at a time. Nothing I do seems to influence it. After we got home from our Thanksgiving trip she was barely sleeping at all. She was up most of the night and not really napping for almost a week. Then 2 nights ago she slept 6 hours and starting napping again and then slept 6 hours again last night. I think she got used to so many people holding her and sleeping in people's arms. Hopefully she is over that and I can sleep again!

I had my 6 week appointment Thursday. Everything looked fine and I decided to get an IUD, so I have to come back in 2 weeks for that. We dtd last night. It was definitely a little sore, hopefully that will get better. We also celebrated Lauren's 6 week by having my husband give her first pumped bottle last night. She did awesome, but it was emotional for me. I wasn't expecting that.

Mrs Jerome, hope the results come back good!

Acorn I am thinking of an IDU as I can;t see what else we can use other than condoms. I am a little fearful of them so let me know how you find it.

Alana is getting too used to being held by people, at night she sleeps well but during the day we put her down in her moses basket and she wakes up. Today she had battled to stay awake when she finally fell asleep we put her down and suddenly eyes wide open. I have taken to putting her on a pillow next to me but not touching and she has started to stay asleep longer.

It is funny but Alana doesn't like Matt doing bedtime, she loves being with him during the day but bedtime is very much about me. Matt gets very upset when I take her and she just shuts up, it makes me feel loved but I would like Matt to be able to give her a bottle at night and put her to bed so that I can get more sleep. She seems happy taking the bottle and breast, no current issues, in fact she will finish a bottle and then go straight to the breast.

Im going to do Nuvaring...Im terrified of the IUD as I hear the commercials all day and hearing "there is a possibility of it implanting into your uterus and causing limited to no fertility in the future" totally freaks me out lol...was also looking at the Implanon arm thing but it can be a bitch to get out after the 3 years and can cause scar tissue and all that...so we are going to do the nuvaring since Im not BF-ing and the hormones only matter to me and not her...she is having a very fussy day today...prolly from all the running around we have been doing and last night she didnt sleep for very long either..like 3 hours at a time if even that...

we DTD last night too for the first time..used a VCF spermacide film thing..was amazing..since I dont have any of the hooha soreness..but today my scar area hurts a bit..but it was definitely nice and we both needed it I think..makes us feel more like a couple and not just two people with a baby living together lol lol..we missed that closeness..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->