I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

If I pump for 5 mins I get about 1oz of milk. I think Alana is becoming a lazy eater and doesn't want to work for her food. She starts to refuse a boob as the milk supply gets lower and harder for her to get. She will then guzzle like crazy if I put her on the full boob.
I want to make sue she is getting enough hind milk though. I need to see if she battles so much during the day as she does at night.

On the plus side she is getting herself into a nice night time routine. Feeds on off from 4.30pm-11pm ish from 8pm we start with the mega fussy time, on off, screaming fit like I am trying to kill her when she won't latch on the boob. But once asleep she is out like a light until 4.30-5am.. Wakes for another feed for about an hour and then sleeps until 8.30/9am. Today I am up and she is still asleep, but as the midwife is due I had to get up in case she came early.

Does anyone else have times when their LO won't latch on the boob but is asking for it and searching?

My baby does that when she needs winded. She thrashes her arms around and moves her head from side to side like she's looking for my boob. Usually after a good burp she goes back to normal.

I'm trialling using Infacol before every feed because she suffers quite a lot from trapped gas and it wakes her up. So far so good. We also tried dentinox but it's got a horrible aniseed smell and she hates the taste. Infacol is orange flavour and the dose is much smaller so it's easier to administer.

As for pumping I can get about 120ml (about 4 oz) in one session depending on how recently she fed. It usually takes me about 40 minutes to get that much but I haven't pumped for 10 days. I think I could probably get it more quickly now she's 5 weeks. My milk flow was really slow until she was about 3-4 weeks old. I hear it takes up to 6 weeks to peak.

She has put just 1oz on in 4 days. The midwife thinks I have a slow let down, also that my niple is very big for her tiny mouth and that she is struggling to get enough milk each time she is fed hence her getting frustrated.

I am now unsure if I should switch to bottles or keep going for at least six weeks. I don;t want her to be hungry or have to feed for so long just because she is getting hungrier and not getting enough milk. I can;t imagine how she must feel sucking on my nipple and not getting much reward :(
It is so difficult to know what to do. I really want to breast feed but not to her detriment.

How about combination feeding? You could try it and as long as you offer the boob first and just top up with formula you should be able to continue BF'ing. If you pump between feeds you might not even need formula and it would keep your supply up.

I did this in the beginning due to latching problems. She's now EBF.

Either way, try not to beat yourself up about it.

I agree. I would say do whatever works best. Whatever decision you make will be the right one.

I have the opposite problem hippy. My let down is so quick and strong Lauren will pull off and/or choke. The midwife said to pump a little before I put her on, but man that's a ton of work!

Lauren also goes through times where she is fussy but won't latch. I have found as well that it's a gas issue. Usually a good burp or bm fixes it.

Sooo, anyone thought about DTD yet?

lol thought about it but yet to do it...still got some discharge and really want to get permission from Dr since the C-section and also get on birthcontrol lol... anyone decided on BC yet? Im thinking Nuvaring but not sure yet..since Im not BF-ing anymore I can be on anything

So we DTD last night. My mom was keeping LO, so i thought it was a great opportunity. I have to admit i had been drinking wine, so that made me a little more relaxed. LOL! It went great, didnt hurt at all, and i wasnt sore this morning.

Im planning to get the Mirena. Most ppl dont even have a period. Definetly not going to be taking the pilks though!

I have been wanting to dtd for a while now. I still have some discharge though and I have my 6 week appointment next week so I will wait. The last couple of days I have been cramping like I am going to have my period. Hopefully I'm not really, because that would suck!

I can't decide on what birth control I want to do. It kind of depends on when I want another baby since some last longer than others. I'm interested to hear what everyone else is doing.

We haven't tried DTD yet. I want to wait for my 6 week check up on Monday. I'm still a little bit sore where I had stitches so I'm a bit afraid to try!

For now we're just using condoms. After the last time I was on the pill my cycles were all messed up until I got pregnant and it took a year so I don't want to risk it again. I'm a bit creeped out by IUDs and don't want anything hormonal again.

If she has a bottle I don't think we will take the boob again as she has such a tiny mouth that I think she will like the ease of the bottle.
I am going to try and express after each feed and increase my supply which is going to be hard work. Apparently an empty boob works more efficiently.

Not sure we should DTD yet as it has only been two weeks since my section, I am still bleeding as well.

As for contraception I am in the same boat as you Stouffer. I was going to speak to the docs about what we can do, as i can't take the pill or anything like that, I really can't get pregnant for at least another two years as I think my body will break. Long term we don't want to use condoms so I am a bit stuck.

We havent DTD yet, but its only been 17 days and i have about a million stitches, so don't plan on DTD any time soon! We plan to just use condoms until i can go back on the pill when done BF'ing as the mini pill doesn't sound very affective to me. We aren't planning to TTC again until Alfie is potty trained so the pill is probably the best thing to go on for us x

So how are people getting on?

Alana ended up being rushed to hospital last night as we couldn't get her to wake up. Turns out she was perfectly fine and just wanted to give us a scare.

Wow Hippy. I've never heard of a baby being that sleepy. You must have been terrified! Glad it was nothing serious!

We're getting on ok. I'm trying to find ways to get Corin to go to sleep without being nursed to sleep or else to stay asleep in her moses basket after being nursed to sleep. Either would be ok, as long as I don't have to hold her the whole time during daytime naps. She's ok about her moses basket at night when she sleeps more deeply.

I'm still trying to get her to take a dummy occasionally but her need to suck seems to have calmed down a bit so I'm not persisting too much.

It's nice now she's taking an interest in toys so I can sneak 5 minutes to myself if I put her mobile on. She's smiling all the time now. I can't wait for her to start giggling though!

She's 6 weeks old today. Where did the time go?!

Hippy, i bet you were scared to death! Glad everythings ok.

I started my period yesterday :(. I was hoping it would hold off longer than this. Those that are breastfeeding hopefully will have a longer break from it

we couldnt get Brieanan to wake up when we took her to a friends house..I knew she was just being stubborn lol...she takes after me..and of course the minute we left their house she opened her eyes lol lol...

no period for me..the lochia has finally dwindled down..its just like losing the plug again..the same consistancy and color but its down to just a liner a day if even that much so hopefully I get a break before a period...I go for my 6 week PP appt next Friday and will be picking a BC to get on..hubby and I are about to drive each other crazy with the no sex thing but no way Im risking it without BC and since I had surgery and all he wants to Drs go ahead that Im healed inside enough to do anything..going to be a long long two weeks lol..

I had my 6 week check. I've had a complication from my tear *sigh* so no sexy time for me for probably 2 months :(

/they caught a little bit of the inside muscular part in the outside stitches :( Now I have to wait 2 months and see if it sorts itself out or else have it corterised. It's so annoying.

On the plus side Corin had her 6 week check and all was well.

How much does everyone's babies weigh now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->