I need a bump buddy!! Anyone else due October 25th?

When I talked about the IUD risks with my midwife she said it was extremely rare to implant into the uterus and you would have to try pretty hard to push it up that far. She also said even if it did implant into the uterus the risk for loss of fertility is low. It would just mean a procedure to get it out. I felt like the risk is way low, but it does freak you out because they have to tell you all the possibilities. She also said people HATE that arm thing and most people that get it come back shortly asking to have it removed.

I hate it when they get too far off schedule and it ruins their sleep!

When I gave Lauren the bottle she did want to be topped off an hour later before bed. I was happy to see that. For those still pumping and bottle feeding...how many ounces do you normally do at one feeding?

I wish i could get LO to go 6 hrs. He eats every 3-3.5 hours at night like clockwork. Im hoping hell drop the 1am feed soon.

Im getting the IUD too. Im not pumping anymore but he usually eats 4-5 oz every 2.5-3 hours.

I am struggling with the pump and after she has fed I only get 1-2oz at most. I honestly still think my milk supply is low, however last night and today my let down has kicked in better and both boobs start going when she sucks on one. I have to keep pressing my other nipple to make it stop so things are improving.

I think Alana wants to sleep on her tummy more than her back, she loves to snuggle up on mine and Matts chest. Every time she falls asleep during the day and I put her on her back she wakes up straight away, so as an experiment when I took off Matts chest before I put her down on her tummy and she has stayed asleep. I however won't be doing this at night as I would freak out I think if I couldn't see her.

back to the nice 11pm-5am-9am schedule last night/this morning

we are heading to the Christmas bowling party that hubbys work has every year and then out to eat prolly with either them or some other friends of ours..hopefully she will do ok and sleep or everyone will want to hold her so I get a chance to bowl too lol...

I still can squeeze milk out quite easily but of course I dont ...but I dont leak otherwise wonder when it will ever really go away lol...

Im not leaking anymore at all. Its been two weeks since i pumped.

I think our LO would rather sleep on his stomach too. Ive got the angelcare movement monitor, but im still scared to le him do it.

we've got that monitor too but havent set it up yet..she will sleep on her stomach laying on me but she hates tummy time so not sure she would like to sleep on her stomach..she does fine at night as long as shes in a swaddle blanket and cant wake herself up with her own hands lol...

Hippy 1-2oz after a feed is a good amount! That's what I'm getting and I thought it was hardly any but I did some research and it's a normal amount for people who don't have over supply. When you think about it, your baby is probably going to need no more than 4oz per bottle anyway so it's not bad going :)

I'm working on my freezer stash and getting about 1 bottle's worth per day.

Last night we tried a bottle feed in preparation for christmas when we'll get the chance to go out and leave her with my parents. OH fed her a bottle of EBM and got her settled. It took a lot longer than when I BF but it's good to know it can be done!

I noticed she took the bottle much more readily when I (or rather my boobs ;)) were out of sight.

umm..we will be buying cloth diapers soon..not sure if that counts as a gift lol..I mean she really has no clue what is going on so I dont see the point lol...our family keeps asking and we have told them just giftcards or money if they really insist on getting her something...and that way once the need for someone does come up we can use it...but right now all she needs is diapers and formula really..we are set on clothes..and shes still not big enough for toys...

I also have angelcare monitor. last night i let her sleep on her tummy and she settled straight away and straight through.

I am not getting her a gift she has no clue and yesterday I got a HUGE box and bon bag full of clothes from 0-12 months for £5 as the woman wanted rid and we turned up late. i only went looking for 4 vests.

One gift that i just thought of is a gift card to get professional pictures of him

I wish I wasn't still leaking! I change my breast pads all the time, it's quite annoying. I think my supply is starting to even out a little though. I only pump 4oz or so in the morning because I don't want to encourage more supply. So far it's just building up stock in my freezer.

I got Lauren a car seat toy and some clothes. I also got pacifier's and socks for her stocking, he he. She won't know, but I just think it's fun :)

we did actually put up a tree this year and lights outside..and she has a little mini tree thing with lights in her room and we have a mini village on our runner table behind the kitchen table...hubby wanted to go crazy but I told him not this year coz shes not old enough..we can just build up gradually the next few years so by the time she is old enough to understand we'll have a full blown thing lol...

stupid PPD thing is kicking back in for some reason..maybe coz Ive gotten a stuffy nose and headache and just feeling crappy and the weather was blah today..the temp was great..it was like 60..but it was soo overcast and windy and depressing...I had to take a xanax this morning when I got up at 6 because I could tell then that it wasnt going to be a good day...I told hubby that tomorrow I need to go to the gym once he gets home after dinner and just have some me time...a friend and her LO are coming over tomorrow but I just need some time without baby...and it wont hurt him to have some bonding time with her..... whats the longest you ladies have left LO with hubby alone? and how did they do?

Yeah, having a baby before winter is tough. I hate that we are holed up all day while I am on maternity leave. I can't wait for it to be warm enough for walks!

I have left Lauren alone with daddy for 3 hours. It was supposed to be 2 hours while I shopped, but I got stuck in a snow storm. I was a wreck, but they did just fine!

yeah next baby is definitely going to be a spring/summer baby..I just cant handle this blah dreary weather...

Same here! I was trying for a summer baby, but didn't get preggers right away and ended up with fall. Next time I will start a little earlier!!

I've never left Corin but it's only recently that pumping has worked for me and she's gone longer than an hour or so between feeds. Sometimes my husband takes her for a walk so I have time to have a nice long shower, shave my legs, dye my hair etc.

We're buying her a rattle and a book for Christmas. Just something small to keep her amused.

I think im going to buy him one of those fisher price glow seahorses, something he can snuggle with and help him go to sleep. When i was little i always wanted one of those playskool gloworms because my friend had one. Ineed to get on ebay and get one. Im an ebay addict. Im even getting his formula on their alot cheaper. At first hubby was like no way, but now that he sees the exp date and that their sealed he ok with it.

Lauren started smiling last week, and she does it all the time now...it melts my heart! I did a little photo shoot with Lauren the other day. I figured while we were alone all day, I would try and take some Christmas photos of her. Here are some of my favorites :)

DSC_4449.jpg

DSC_4378.jpg

DSC_4439.jpg

Shes a doll. I wish ou LO would cooperate like that. We tried taking some the other day, but wasnt very succesful. This is what i wanted to do for family christmas presents this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->