I need a whiney rant!

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
Ok, so I have always done crafty things. I may not be brilliant, but I do produce some nice things - though mainly cross stitch or hand drawn mugs and t-pots.

Now, bearing in mind these are things that take time, there is never any way to make a living or really any money from these. I am aware of that. I put pics up and dont get much of anything from anyone (yes, I am aware that what one persons likes another won't)

My sister bought a punch. She punched paper out, stuck it on more paper and put it in a frame. That's it. And her friends on FB are near creaming themselves over it and wanting to order from her.

Literally 4 pieces of PUNCHED out card on white card. Total cost probably about £1 more than the frame.
We have a lady locally who hand cuts hers out with a scalpel. Now to me THAT is skill. Not punching something out.

And yes, I FULLY admit I am jealous (and fed up as I cant find a job and its now blatantly clear have no real skills to make ££), as all my life I do anything and its shrugged at. She does it and her sycophants make it out like she pooped gold.

:hugs:. I'm rubbish at crafts but I can imagine it would be upsetting to make nice stuff, put time and love into it and see it get overlooked. Maybe you could ask your sister to sell on your behalf, if she has a selling presence, and that way you can just focus on making your items?

^ what she said! That was my first thought as well - sometimes its just who is reached via media and the selling presence of the poster, not even the specific items on display!!

I'd let her post some of your art and see how it goes. If people buy it that's awesome - and if not then they have no taste! :haha: I'm just teasing (kinda....;)) Totally understand that frustration. We have a close family friend who is literally a gourmet chef, and she creates exquisite burgers with rare and quality ingredients and her husband dead serious would rather have McDonald's :saywhat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->