i need advice....

S

sara420

on pretty much everything... i think we got off on the wrong foot with my last thread, my fault, but i'm new to this.... i just want some basic tips on what i should be doing right now, at 7 weeks pregnant... i dont really have anyone in my life who i can ask about this

have you spoken to your doctor yet? they might want to do a dating scan on you to be sure of your dates. Also make sure you are taking your prenatal vitamins and folic acid which are extremely important in first tri

umm, prenatal vitamins and folic acid? i'm already lost.... and ive been avoiding going to the doctor

Like Vickie suggested, make a doctor's appt asap. Be honest and upfront with your doctor about your lifestyle habits and that the pregnancy is unexpected.

Even though you're 19, this is an "adult" situation you're going through, that you've put yourself in, and because of that it's time to start acting like an adult.

Babies need to be cared for, from womb to crib and beyond. This little being is depending on you to take care of it, to eat well, to not do drugs or smoke cigarettes, it is completely helpless.

You can do this - and if you don't think you can or don't want to, there are other options available to you.

Good luck.

you really should make an appointment as soon as you can :hugs:

you can get prenatal vitamins at any store really, I see you're in Canada? You can buy them from any Shoppers or Walmart if you're close to one (probably other stores to but I generally got mine from Walmart). They are in the vitamin section and most as far as I know have folic acid in them (here at least but check the ingredients list to be certain). Folic acid is really very important in first tri.

Well, if you want to do the right thing by your baby, I suggest getting in contact with your gp to discuss how to stay healthy in pregnancy. Prenatal vitamins are easily accessible in your drugs store - get some as soon as you can

Like I said, this is an ADULT situation. If you are not adult enough to even realize that you need to receive medical care during this time, no one on this board is going to be able to help you.

Hi there, I am not sure what you are doing already, so I am going to say everything I can think of, sorry if some may sound obvious.

Prenatal vitamin a day (make sure it has folic acid)
schedule an appointment with your DR (tell them you are pregnant) - there is LOTS of tests that they will give you and they will want your medical history
Eat healthy, and cut our caffene (or limit to 1-2 cups a day if you must)
Do not take advil or any ibiprophen (sp?)
Drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest
Avoid very hot baths and hot tubs (or saunas)
Enjoy!

Although this isn't planned it is your responsibility to start figuring out what you need to do, no matter what you decide to do. This means that you need to see a dr. I was pregnant at 17 and the dr office at my university was extremely helpful. I also recommend confiding in someone that you can trust. To this day I am grateful to my one friend who helped me through a tough time.

You need to see a dr, research your options, start taking prenatels & folic acid (you can go to any drugstore and they will help you) and make sure that you don't expose yourself to any toxins (drugs, drinking, smoking, fumes, etc). You have lots of decisions ahead of you which will not go away by avoiding them.

ok, thanks... its too late right now to make an appointment with my doctor, but i can pick up these when i go out a bit later... i'll just ask the pharmacist about it and i guess they will know what i'm talking about

yep any pharmacist should be able to show you what you need to take

If you are in Canada you can go to any walk-in clinic and get advice from the doctor there. I'm not sure how it is in a lot of other countries, but in many places in Canada it can take a week to a month to schedule an appt with your family doctor because of massive shortages. Go to the walk-in, be honest (about using marihuana) and they will guide you from there.

Now, I'm not going to get up on you about using marihuana when pregnant, just give you some basic information. A lot of marihuana (in fact most) sold in Canada is no longer pure marihuana and the THC content is extremely strong, even much moreso than in the US. A lot of marihuana sold is laced with various other things, like cocaine, meth, and heroin. Sounds nuts, but yes, this is very true. So you have to stop.

My family doctor when I lived in Toronto got me in very quickly so hopefully you can get in soon

you need to try to eat healthier and milk is important for the calcium and vitamin D. I'm not a milk drinker so I told this to my GP and she had me taking calcium/vitamin D supplements, but that'd be something you would probably want to speak with your doctor about first

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-club/866-not-eat-during-pregnancy.html

a list of foods to avoid in pregnancy

If you are in Canada you can go to any walk-in clinic and get advice from the doctor there. I'm not sure how it is in a lot of other countries, but in many places in Canada it can take a week to a month to schedule an appt with your family doctor because of massive shortages. Go to the walk-in, be honest (about using marihuana) and they will guide you from there.

Now, I'm not going to get up on you about using marihuana when pregnant, just give you some basic information. A lot of marihuana (in fact most) sold in Canada is no longer pure marihuana and the THC content is extremely strong, even much moreso than in the US. A lot of marihuana sold is laced with various other things, like cocaine, meth, and heroin. Sounds nuts, but yes, this is very true. So you have to stop.

lol i know, canada has the best pot...

but seriously, i can give it up... and it usually takes me about a week to see my family doctor... i dont know of any walk in clinics, i guess i could find one, but i would rather go to a doctor who i know

First you need to make the decision of what YOU want to do.
If you decide you want this baby or give it up for adoption you have a responsibility to the child you are carrying. That means you do the things required of you while your pregnant, which are:
-Seeing your doctor ASAP, you also need to realize that aside from being responsible for the child in your tummy this is a big load on your body, not every woman carries to term and you need to be aware of possible complications.
-Take pre-natal vitamins (available at any drugstore, ask a pharmacist)
-Follow every order given by your doctor.

As for your last thread, I have to say that while I'm not in agreement with drug use during pregnancy, I'm a little surprised at the response you got.
Yes you need to quit, get help to do so, just don't do it, same as any woman smoking cigarettes while pregnant.

I have to ask though ladies, why the smackdown on this girl and not the "regular" smokers????? There are many threads discussing continued smoking in this forum, none of which got this kind of reaction.
In my research I have come to learn that cigarette smoking is far worse than an occasional joint, reasoning behind this is the chemical content.

Not trying to start trouble AT ALL. I've been on the forum for awhile now and respect your opinions, however I'm a little confused at the double standard.

I will state that I don't think smoking of any kind is a healthy way to make a baby.

To be honest, it seems from reading your posts that you don't really seem to care TBH... Lots of people have tried to give you some really good advice, and you have just responded with excuses. I think it's about time you grow up. It's your child I feel sorry for. Just my opinion.

Food wise, you need to start eating some fruit and veg for sure!!

dont eat undercooked food, shellfish, big fish, soft cheese like brie, anything unpasturised. keep low on fatty foods, cakes, biscuits. Get on the internet and have a look.....you use this forum so you obviously have access.

It really important you start now, the next few weeks are some vital weeks for your baby

If you want this baby you will take control now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->