I need family game ideas to play for large group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
We are hosting a party on boxing day for family so there will be about 15 adults, one 7 year old and three toddlers. I'm trying to think of games that we could play as a big group. Any ideas?

I have no idea what's this one is called but goes down well in our large family group.

Every person writes 3 names on a scrap of paper (we normally theme it at this point cartoon charcters, celebrities, disney characters etc). It doesn't matter if you get duplicates, we once played with 5 Kate midletons!
Split into a least 2 teams
Describe as many of the names to your group for them to guess with out saying their name for 30 seconds. Each team takes it in turns until all have been correctly guessed. Add up the total for each team and keep a note of the score.
Put all names back in and each team then takes turns to guess all the names again but by silent actions. When everything guessed add each teams score to previous total.
Repeat again but for single freezer frame. Total final scores and declare winner.

It's good for easily distracted small children as it always has people who are not currently playing free to play with the small kids.

Charades, (sp?) Pictionary, who am I? Where someone writes a celebrity down on a post it. You stick in on someone else's for head or back. Then go around asking questions about who you are but the answer can only be yes or no. The first person to guess who they are wins.

We always play Trivial Pursuit at the Boxing day party we go to. I personally hate it as i dont know a single answer but the older ones like it.

We have a works christmas team building type session (read: excuse to have Xmas dinner and skive off for a few hours) anyway, we LOVE Xmas quizzes!

We all get put in to groups of 3 or 4 and have basically a pub quiz on general knowledge, lots of Christmas questions, usually an Xmas question round with audio clips being played or the first line of a Christmas song being played and usually a picture round where you have to work out who some obscure picture is of someone famous.

We all love it and get really competitive. Best team wins a prize. Downside is someone has to organise it and no one wants to because we all enjoy taking part so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"