i need help with my 6 month old

georgie1991

Reaction score
my daughter was born and i first started giving her 3 oz every 4 hours, i fed her on demand.
by the end of the week she was wanting 5oz every 4 hours, i thought this was too much so i spoke to my HV and i put her on hungry baby milk, starting again with 3oz every 4 hours.
after bout 2 months she was wanting 6/7oz every 2 hours, i spoke to my health visitor and we decided it we wud start giving her a SMALL baby spoon full of rice with milk, this made bout 2 mouthfulls, but we gave tht to her once a day at bout 4/5 and she went back to 6oz every 4 hours. but this 6oz was half hungry and half easy to digest as she was getting a wee bit constipated.
after a few days she was getting a bit sicky, so we changed her food to earlier in the day and she was fine again.
this went on for a few months, and shes gradually upped her food more and more. shes now 6 months, so 4 months later, and shes wanting 2 pots of food a day. we give her home made food aswell, but we started giving her a few pots as we wnted her to have a variety of foods. shes only been having this tho since she was bout 4 months old, may have been a week or so under that, and we started only giving her an ice cube square full of butternut squash or sweet potatoe.
we're now having arguements with her nan, on my partners side, as the other day she decided to take it upon herself to change my daughters feeding times, as she didnt agree with what we were doing. i hit the roof obv, as shes my daughter and i want to raise her my way. if she had said to me why dnt u try this i wud have. but now me and my partner are at logger heads as what to do with her. my mum doesnt think theres a problem, as she still gets all her milk and we stop feeding her wen shes had enough. but his family think we over feed her.

i need help with advise with what i should do, u are all outside the box and not biased and i wud really appreciate any help
thank you
xxxxx

At 6 months, milk will still (or should be) the main source of food and nutrition.

I don't have any advice regarding puree but what I'd be inclined to do is offer her a bottle first and after about an hour, offer food - so food is topping up her milk and not replacing it. You should be able to offer 3 meals a day if you've been weaning a while but maybe someone with exp of puree can confirm if that's ok or not x

You arent overfeeding her if you haven't got to fight her to take her milk or 'trick' her into eating more food.

Oh as a last thought, do you offer water? Wanting milk so often may be thirst?

we used to give her water all the time, she wud suck and suck then realise what it was and she wud not take it at all. it was quite scary because she was a summer baby i was trying to get it into her so she didnt dehydrate.
ive tried giving her juice now, but she wnt drink out of a cup, and unless there is milk in a bottle she wnt have it.
we still give her all her milk, ive always said we wud give her milk first and then food as milk is more important and shes been like that for awhile.
in my mind tho, i wud rather give it to her all at once as seperating it out, she will be feeding all day. i wud rather give it to her, let that settle then give her next amount. i dno if thats rite or not but tht makes more sence to me than giving her different food and milk every couple of hours.
thanks for the help :)
xxxx

another thing is because shes quite icky and sick alot they believe im over feeding her. but shes always been icky even before she had milk, and its not tht bad. my mum was telling me wen i was a baby i wud projectile sick, and lily just brings up a bit that looks like its just over spilt out of her mouth lol
xxxx

My LO was and has only just stopped being very sicky, he would sick up after every single feed, my HV suggested comfort milk after about 6 weeks as its a thicker consistancy so harder to actually sick up. I would say you are doing ok, as long as LO is having milk then after an hour offer some kind of solid, your bubs will let you know if they want more or have had enough, i wouldnt listen to your OH nan as in my view the older generation, my mum included has this infactuation with feeding LO from like 3 months old and huge quantaties.. i dont get it but stick to your guns you know your baby best! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->