I need some advice about contractions urgently

I've not seen her since the swelling Bev! I've only had it since Saturday and it hasn't gone down in two days, I see her tomorrow though, maybe its water retention or something?

It could be. I had it bad after giving birth to my first

So sorry it was another false alarm chick.
I feel so so sorry for you being so uncomfortable!
Hopefully it’s 100% your last week being pregnant and I hope your midwife does a sweep!
Tomorrow you only 5 days off due date so I don’t see the harm!!!
You should relax this week and keep your feet up.
Xx

So sorry it was another false alarm chick.
I feel so so sorry for you being so uncomfortable!
Hopefully it’s 100% your last week being pregnant and I hope your midwife does a sweep!
Tomorrow you only 5 days off due date so I don’t see the harm!!!
You should relax this week and keep your feet up.
Xx

That's exactly what I said hun! If she makes me wait just 5 measly days for a sweep then she's a cow in my eyes :haha: then again everyone is a cow at the moment, I'm so hormonal hahaha! X

It’s your third baby too!!
Surely she can have a feel and see if a sweep is possible for you, and the likelihood is that it is, and hopefully he will pop out quickly haha :happydance:X

Oh nooooo sweety I'm absolutely gutted. I feel so so sorry for you.
I really hope she will go ahead and do the sweep I dont see why it wud do any harm at all.

If I were you I wud tell her just how done u are. Cry If u have to. You have had such a tough time and think its unfair that ure being pushed to keep going when ure clearly suffering.
Tell them u cant go on anymore and its making you ill.

I hate all the start and stop start and stop.
My 3rd baby really messed me around. So did Tommy It must be a 3rd baby and boy thing lol.
I breased through pregnancy with DD and wasnt ready to be injuced at 35+4 because I was enjoying being pregnant so much.
I had pre eclampsia with her hon and that started with swelling. Esp in my ancles and feet. Think I had bad headaches as well.
I'm like you and I dont normoly swell so I new something wasnt right.

I know u have ure midwife tommorow but I'm thinking wud it be worth ringing Day Assesment and telling the midwife there about how ill ure feeling and the swelling. They may get you in to monitor you and check ure BP but at least when ure there u can tell them u have had enough and u cant go on anymore and see what they say.

They may agree to book u in for induction hon.
Its really worth a try. U cant go on like this it's awful. ](*,)

U just comment back to us when u can hon. Dont feel bad were all here to support you.
Sending you huge hugs.
:hug:

It must definitely be a 3rd boy thing! I've never moaned during pregnancy so much, my first two despite the fair share of issues, were a breeze and I was sad when I was no longer pregnant, even though I loved having them here! I've never felt more down and depressed during pregnancy than I have with this one, I'm so so happy he will be born chunky and healthy and not premature as I first thought, but without trying to sound like a drama queen, I physically can't go on like this, the pain is unimaginable, my spine and my insides feel like they are being crushed to no return, I'm swollen, I'm vomiting, I'm hardly eating, my head is constantly throbbing and in forever telling my older two kids off, they are not even misbehaving, I'm just struggling to cope while feeling like this, I'm just glad this has happened now on my 3rd baby, if i felt like this on my first i probably would never have had any more babies, and to think like that breaks my heart even more. I'm just praying for a sweep tomorrow, or for my midwife to at least examine me to see what's going on, I feel so much pressure and bulging it wouldn't surprise me if my bag of waters are falling through my cervix at this point lol I feel terrible that all I do on here is moan, and even though your all so nice about it, I bet your thinking, just man the hell up its pregnancy and its life and this happens and it's normal, but for me this isn't ok. My pain threshold for anything is amazing, I don't feel pain unless it is excruciating, I love a moan, but pain doesn't bother me, I'm covered in tats and piercings:haha: this pregnancy though is just amazing how its changed me, I'm a shadow of who I was! My little man will be completely worth it when he's here, but I'm 6 days away from my due date, and I feel like I can't go another day in this pain, they should just evict him now, I'm afraid how I'm feeling with the hardly eating, the vomiting and just pure run down, it's no good for the baby, so just get him out before I feel any worse... PLEASE!!!!! :haha:

Hi HLx,
I think you should get checked with the swelling if it just started all of a sudden and if u dont usually swell. Especially if the swelling is affecting your face too. Check out for symptoms like, headache, gastric like pain, changes in your vision and generally not feeling well. Its a good idea to have a blood pressure machine at home during pregnancy to check Bp.

Hi HLx,
I think you should get checked with the swelling if it just started all of a sudden and if u dont usually swell. Especially if the swelling is affecting your face too. Check out for symptoms like, headache, gastric like pain, changes in your vision and generally not feeling well. Its a good idea to have a blood pressure machine at home during pregnancy to check Bp.

Thanks hun I'll see what my blood pressure is tomorrow at my appointment, theres no point in me buying a BP machine now at 39+1 lol my headaches have got worse since Friday night, I'm a migraine sufferer and I wear glasses/contact lenses, but I've been lucky during this pregnancy, about the only good thing really is I've not had any bad aches for the entire duration! And I've definitely not had any migraines, but since Friday I feel like I have drank about 3 bottles of wine! Everything is spacey and my head hurts, I feel sick and I have swelling, my blood pressure is normally okay, usually on the low side if anything but nothing to worry about

Your midwife should deffo sweep you especially if baby is low and your obviously so uncomfortable now ! Fingers crossed . Hope your appointment goes well ! Xx

Just to add if you feel worse today/tonight I would go the hospital and get the swelling checked out x

Oh no so sorry it didn’t happen.

Completely relate to the part of your last post which said you will feel sad to not be pregnant but also want to feel normal again. I’m the same. I think because this is my last ever pregnancy it feels extra sad. Conflicting feelings.

Hope bp is ok tomorrow hlx and it’s not a sign of pre-eclampsia for you. Keep us posted

Ahh how frustrating. You've got this though. You've done so well so far. Big hugs x

Oh sweetheart u can rant as much as u like after all this suffering it's not surprising at all.

Ure amazing and u have done so well keeping baby in there all this time u deserve a medal hon.

I'm a bit concerned because of the swelling sweety and u have suddenly developed bad headaches.

Definitely tell ure mw tommorow sweety or go hospital.
I'm wondering if that bulging feeling is ure waters.
That's the only thing I can think it can be.

Xxx

Oh no so sorry it didn’t happen.

Completely relate to the part of your last post which said you will feel sad to not be pregnant but also want to feel normal again. I’m the same. I think because this is my last ever pregnancy it feels extra sad. Conflicting feelings.

Hope bp is ok tomorrow hlx and it’s not a sign of pre-eclampsia for you. Keep us posted

Me to. I miss being pregnant. I didnt think I wud because my pregnancy was not easy and was filled with worry and anxiety.
But after I had baby I really missed my bump and I felt sad. It's so weird and hard to explain.
I was even getting sad when I saw pregnant womon. Which is ridiculous.

Thankfully it's all settled now and I feel happy when I see a pregnant womon or someone announces they are expecting so I think alot of it has to do with all the hormones leaving our bodies. Pluss the demands of a newborn and lack of sleep just added to it.
I thought I was going crazy hahaha.

I am 40 next month and me and hubby have discussed trying again in about 18 months.
Its gonna be our last chance so I think we will prob just go for it.

Last edited:
@HLx keep an eye on that headache hon. Have you taken anything for it?

Last edited:
Oh god love you hun.
You haven’t had it easy at all and the end is bad as it is never mind when your feeling so unwell.

I think the best thing is to be completely honest with your midwife, don’t let her fob you off explain everything that’s going on for you and how your feeling. Your 5 days off due date, we can all literally see the end for you so surely intervention now isn’t stupid, I think it’s a smart idea to try and help you bring baby along.

Sorry your feeling this way, and although none of us can physically help you know you can open up on here and have a rant to us we all are here for you.

Also please don’t feel bad for stressing out with the other children, hormones and unwell it’s expected. Kids are resilient they will forget about it 3 seconds later, you’ve done amazing so don’t be hard on yourself.

Let us know how midwife goes tomorrow. I hope you get a good nights rest you need it xx

Oh bless you! I can totally understand how you're feeling. Lets hope she does a sweep tomorrow and it gets things going!!

Oh yes hon like @Hollie West said dont feel bad for getting snappy. I was really grumpy and snappy with my 2 toward the end of my pregnancy. It's so hard being heavily pregnant let alone being unwell on top of it all.

Were all here for you hon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"