I need some advice about contractions urgently

Thank you all you've all been so kind honestly! As of this morning i still have fat ankles but my I can get my rings back on my fingers and my face looks a normal size again, however I still haven't been able to shake this headache, I've been taking paracetamol like it's going out of fashion, it doesn't really get rid of the headaches but it gives me some time to function without needing to put my head down! The headache I've woke up with today is literally radiating down the side of my face, but it's definatly not bad enough to be a migraine. I'm hoping my midwife is understanding today, she's normally pretty good, but her usual words are keep an eye on it, and how much longer are you supposed to keep an eye on feeling like this lol if I had my own way today I'd skip the sweep and go straight for induction, but they are not as chilled out with this as they were when I was last pregnant and needed to get induced! I have everything crossed for today but I'm not hopeful, in sure they will let me suffer until at least next week ](*,)

I'm glad the swelling has gone down, but sorry about the headache. It sounds awful :(
I hope that your midwife will be understanding <3

Good luck hon. Definitely mention the headache. I'm glad the swelling has gone down a bit.
Let us know how u get on

Just to update - my midwife done a sweep and a bloody good one at that! I'm so sore now! I'm 2-3cms dilated and almost fully effaced, my waters were also bulging. She hopes that in the next day or so I go into labour on my own, but obviously these babies don't play ball all the time :haha: it's just a waiting game now, I've never had a good enough sweep like that before she done a really good job

Wow your doing so well hun ! I was 2cm dilated for 2 weeks with DS! Ended up going 6 days over but yours sounds so promising !! Fingers crossed ! Get bouncing , walking and cleaning up haha ! Hope it’s soon for you !

Third baby’s are little monkeys for false starts !

I was 3cms with my second baby but my cervix stayed very thick until the very end! So I'm hoping this is a sign that sometime this week my baby will finally be here! I'm feeling hopeful, atleast I know these contractions have done something to get the ball rolling, just hoping the sweep starts off the big boy contractions! However, I'm getting rather scared and anxious of the pain that is to come :haha: but bring it on, I'm so over pregnancy!

Ah poo! That happened to me with my first. Had regulate contractions for 4 hours at a time then stopped suddenly then started again for 4 hours! I started again in the middle of the night 2 days later! Fingers crossed that sweep has done good and your little bundle will be in your arms this week. Got everything crossed. And rant to your hearts content. The last week or 2 is soooooo the longest! Good luck xx

I didn’t have a sweep with my first but I did with Miles on my due date and I started contracting a couple of hours later. It was on and off for a day and then I went into full blown labour the next day! Good luck hun!! So exciting xxx

Thank you all! I'm hoping this sweep has done something, if not I see my midwife next Monday and I'll be 40+2 then, maybe she will look Into Induction, but I would really like for things to start sooner than that! I'm so over pregnancy and I know it's awful because theres people out there that would love to be pregnant and simply cant. I just wish my pregnancies were straight forward as this one and my last one have been a bit of a nightmare to say the least lol

Omg I’m so so excited to see you’ve had a sweep!!!! Over the moon for you hun.
I’m hoping that you have him in the next couple of days.
How are you feeling now any aches/pains?
My second sweep with my first was a good one and my waters went a few hours later haha!
So excited for you xxx

Omg I’m so so excited to see you’ve had a sweep!!!! Over the moon for you hun.
I’m hoping that you have him in the next couple of days.
How are you feeling now any aches/pains?
My second sweep with my first was a good one and my waters went a few hours later haha!
So excited for you xxx

Thank you hun! I was surprised she done it, however she said she will put it in my notes that I've only had an examination, she doesn't want a telling off for doing a sweep :haha: I'm really achey after it and my cervix is throbbing! All good signs she done a cracking job lol! I have to go shopping now so hopefully the walking around will start something x

Yay, I'm glad you had a sweep! Fingers crossed it starts things off!

Fingers crossed the sweep kicks things off properly!

Really hope it works hon. I had 3 sweeps with second but still went 2 weeks over due. I remember after having them a few hours after I wud bleed a bit so dont be alarmed if u have some bleeding its normol and just from the cervix being pulled about.

I really hope ure sweep works hon and he comes soon. She will prob do another seeep when u see her again.
Hoping u wont make that appointment

What did she say about the headache and swelling? Was ure BP and urine normol?

Waters bulging has to be a good sign. I was 2cm for weeks but my waters wasnt bulging like ures are.
Surly that has to be a sign that there about to break or something.
Oh I do hope so.

I'm hoping it works too ](*,) both blood pressure and urine was completely fine, she said the swelling was strange but more than likely water retention and the headaches caused from just being bloody exhausted lol

Least u know the contractions were doing something hon.
Dont be afraid of the real thing hon ure just be so relieved when it really kicks in. Ure be fine hon.

Hopfully ure waters break or them contractions come back again and this time they get u into established labour.
I have everything crossed. Eeeeeeeeek\\:D/

I'm hoping it works too ](*,) both blood pressure and urine was completely fine, she said the swelling was strange but more than likely water retention and the headaches caused from just being bloody exhausted lol

I'm glad ure BP and urine and normol hon I was panicking about pre eclampsia.
So bloody relieved its not that. Headaches cud be down to stress.
I'm a migraine sufferer to hon but didnt get any when I was pregnant. I did get alot of tension headaches in the 3rd trimester and they can feel similar to a migraine. There horrible.

I got so scared thinking I had pre eclampsia again but thankfully my BP and urine was always normol.

U can buy a thing called tiger balm. Theres 2 types one for muscle and joints and one for headaches. The headache one is white.
It helped eased mine a little. Also u can get something called forhead which kind of does the same thing but u only get a piddly amount where as with the tiger balm it comes in a little jar.
It's about 5 quid from Asda or boots. I think savers also do there own brand of forhead and it's really cheap and works just the same as forhead.

Get bouncing on a ball if you've got one. Maybe the pressure of all the bouncing will get those waters breaking :D

Just to update - my midwife done a sweep and a bloody good one at that! I'm so sore now! I'm 2-3cms dilated and almost fully effaced, my waters were also bulging. She hopes that in the next day or so I go into labour on my own, but obviously these babies don't play ball all the time :haha: it's just a waiting game now, I've never had a good enough sweep like that before she done a really good job
Yay! I’m glad your midwife did the sweep for you, hopefully that does the trick and you meet little very soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->