I need some advice about contractions urgently

So glad your midwife agreed to do the sweep. Fingers crossed it works.

You must be so relieved that bp and urine normal too.

Keep us posted hun

Just checking in. How are ya hon how are you feeling??
Hoping that sweep has Done the trick

Fingers crossed the sweep kick starts something!

Yay! Glad you got a sweep. Fx it does get things moving!!

I've been super crampy after it she must have done a good job! All I've done is rest I've been exhausted since all of this started Friday night and the kiddos are at their dads now for a few days so yesterday I basically slept all day! I must have needed it, however I've been up since 4am ish today with mild contractions but still no pattern to them but they are uncomfortable, I've been bleeding on and off too, dark brown spotting though and kind of looks like melted milk chocolate haha! I'm still smiling through this pain, but when the time comes I cannot wait to get an epidural, I'm bloody exhausted mentally and physically and labour hasnt even technically started yet!

I have no energy for labour now Bev :haha: its times like this a red bull is very much needed!

Real contractions can start off irogaular at first hon and gradually develop a pattern and become regular. Hope things have started now. How u feeling now

Still nothing to report! Contractions stopped and just having Braxton hicks now! Still spotting brown blood though if anyone knows how long it lasts for? Still feeling quite tender down there and drained from last night, but over all I don't think the sweep worked! I'll take the rest of this week to just catch up on missing sleep, when I see my midwife next monday I'm hoping she will agree to an induction then, I'll be 40+2

I'm sorry the contractions stopped. How frustrating :(

I was expecting it tbh bev! Nothing is straight forward for me in this pregnancy :haha: if nothing happens this week I'm demanding an induction at my next appointment, but I'm still hoping things will start in the mean time

Fingers crossed things will start very soon. All the promising signs are there!

I had a sweep with my last the spotting lasted about 48 hours for me . I have been silently stalking your thread fx things kick back up for you

Thanks hun, more than likely there will be lots more contractions for the week ahead, whether they lead to anything will be a completely different story! Wish the spotting would go though, I feel so dirty after not having a period since Feb, it's strange to be bleeding again lol

I had a sweep with my son on his due date and he came 2 days later, I bled until I went into labour....hopefully the sweep is just taking a bit of time!

Oh bless you :hugs:

I had the sweep on the Tuesday morning.. spotted by the night and it carried on til the thurs where it had stopped but then had another sweep and it started again then it carried on on and off til I had him on the Saturday. It was horrible seeing blood after so long!

My baby was born early hours of this morning.

Good luck to everyone else x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"