I need to loose weight but doctors wont help!!H

lilysmum2

Reaction score
Hello ladies!!

Well I have hit a wall!
I have no willpower to loose weight, but i know i need too!

I have tried diets and exercise but then again I just dont keep up with it!!

I have been to the doctors to ask about any help they could give to me at all!!

I asked for some diet tablets and all i got was

"you have to loose 10lb first to prove you can loose weight then you can go on tablets" I thought to myself *Did you not just hear me say I cant even loose a bloody pound!!!!

I am stuck at this horible weight of 18 stone and 6lbs! Its so depressing! I have my wedding coming in 5 months and i just want some help!!
The doctor said "have you tried weightwatchers *Tried it* slimming world? *tried it* "hmmmmm i dont know then...."

THANKS A BUNCH!!!

Can anybody recommened any good diets or anything that someone will no willpower can do!!!!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Nothing will work unless you stick at it. No hard work = no results.

Good luck.

There's no magic pill or diet, really. Many, many things out there will give you quick, easy results, but most people gain the weight right back when they stop. Try making small lifestyle changes. Set a goal for each week and then build on it. Week 1 I will take the stairs instead of the elevator. Week 2 I will drink 1 can of soda instead of 2 a day. Week 3, I will only eat 1 meal away from home each week instead of 3....so on. Making small goals and changes should make it easier to maintain those changes until it becomes part of your daily life. Good luck!

Sorry but no, if you are expecting the diet to do the work for you then it's not going to happen. That being said, there are plans that can help you achieve it better (say, you binge on carbs and find a plan that helps control that). You must work within yourself emotionally and be equipped to do this.

What is stopping you? Do you (and be honest), not want to change anything about your eating/exercise habits but want the results of someone who does?

Why did WW not work for you? It is a very flexible plan. Do you feel it was too flexible? Some people feel they need more structure (that's ok!). Or did you just not wish to continue doing the work? What are your real reasons for quitting?

"Willpower", I'm not a big fan of the idea. I've lost 40lbs and kept it off for 8 years, now I've been an athlete for a long time. "Willpower" doesn't keep me here. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that my goal can only be achieved if I do the work. Talk is cheap and results come from effort. There is no other way. What are your reasons?

Until you jump over that wall you wont movd far.
Took me year finally say ENOUGH...

Take things slowly. recude things slowly, dont cut out every bad thing you want, increase exercise 10mims at a time. i only.started off at 10mins that most i could do without almost passing out.

You really dont need any pills; youve got an amazing machine inside you, do things right itll give you what you want.

Take things slowly. recude things slowly, dont cut out every bad thing you want, increase exercise 10mims at a time. i only.started off at 10mins that most i could do without almost passing out.

This is so true and important. Where we start does not matter, only that we make changes and progress. Some progress slow, some fast, whatever speed, it doesn't matter as long as you do it. Sometimes people think they must do a radical 180 to change, but even the simplest changes will lead to results - what's important is that we make a plan we can stick to.

My main reasons to loose weight are:

My wedding in 5 months, and my honeymoon! :blush:

I say i have "no willpower" i dont think its that really. It seems that everytime I try to knuckle down and stick to something then someone shoves the easy way out option in front of me..."start your dieting tomorrow, we will have a take away tonight" etc

I lost 2 stone in weight years and years ago when I was living at home and still a teenager! But i think my excuse then was "I had my mum to cook my meals for me so i had what i was given"

When my cousin stayed the weekend she actually commented on how little i eat and how healthy I.E. apples in the day, no snacking etc....and she said that she didnt know why i was so big!!
Comments like this get me thinking as to why i am then?!?

I have my breakfast which is normally something like two toats or cereal. Dinner i have a sandwich or nothing lol and tea i cook a home meal. I dont snack hardly, only because we dont buy naughty stuff because we dont want lily to eat junk.

I just find myself not being able to stick to a diet, and if im being honest, i dont know why!!

I know that there are no miracle pills to magically make me thin, but i just wanted something that could help me, as i am already doing the healthy bit.

I just seem to be stuck at this weight and i arent going up or down. OH reckons i cant stick to it because i have so much going on at the moment..testing for pcos etc....

Maybe you're not eating enough? You need at least 1200 calories a day or your metabolism can crash. Most people actually need quite a bit more than that. Also, if you do have PCOS (or even if you don't), low carb is the way to go to lose weight. Making most of your diet up of lean protein and veggies will probably help crack the weight loss!

PCOS can make it harder to lose weight. But, Like has been said, you won't lose weight all the time you aren't 100% committed to it. I was in a similar head space to you a couple of months ago and found motivation a really struggle. I joined weightwatchers a fortnight a go and have already lost 9lbs. I've tried everything under the sun prior to this, slimming world, Rosemary Conley, shakes, Atkins, Dukan, Cabbage soup, pills - nothing has ever worked for me in the long term. I might lose a bit then stop it, eat normally again and put weight on again. The difference this time is "me". I've absolutely decided that apart from post pregancy weight when im lucky enough to conceive, this is the last time im going to tak a journey to lose weight. No excuses. End of.

It also helps i think that i have found a plan that doesn't make me feel like i am dieting and therefore miserable/hungry.
If you can start a diet, then the second someone puts a takeaway in front of you give up on yourself agaIN then i would suggest that you aren't in the place you need to be yet. Maybe you also need to speak to those offering them to get them on board.

My main reasons to loose weight are:

My wedding in 5 months, and my honeymoon! :blush:

I say i have "no willpower" i dont think its that really. It seems that everytime I try to knuckle down and stick to something then someone shoves the easy way out option in front of me..."start your dieting tomorrow, we will have a take away tonight" etc

I lost 2 stone in weight years and years ago when I was living at home and still a teenager! But i think my excuse then was "I had my mum to cook my meals for me so i had what i was given"

When my cousin stayed the weekend she actually commented on how little i eat and how healthy I.E. apples in the day, no snacking etc....and she said that she didnt know why i was so big!!
Comments like this get me thinking as to why i am then?!?

I have my breakfast which is normally something like two toats or cereal. Dinner i have a sandwich or nothing lol and tea i cook a home meal. I dont snack hardly, only because we dont buy naughty stuff because we dont want lily to eat junk.

What bread to you use? White is bad, need wholemeal. What do you put on your toast? Low fat butter or not? How many do you have? What cereal do you eat? Do you check the sugar levels? Fat levels? What milk do you use?
Same again with sandwich, which bread/what butter? What fillings? Any salad? Any dressing/sauces?
If nothing, very very bad.
Snacking is good, and great for keeping your body ticking as long as its healthy stuff. eg like apple you said you do eat.

What do you have for tea?

I just find myself not being able to stick to a diet, and if im being honest, i dont know why!!

Maybe your asking to much to soon?

I know that there are no miracle pills to magically make me thin, but i just wanted something that could help me, as i am already doing the healthy bit.

I dont think you are doing healthy, healthy way is eating and is eating regular, in order to lose weight need give your body fuel to burn. Without food as fuel, your body turns to your muscles eats them or your organs.

I just seem to be stuck at this weight and i arent going up or down. OH reckons i cant stick to it because i have so much going on at the moment..testing for pcos etc....
No mention of what you drink throughout the day? If you dont drink at least 2L of water a day your body will be holding on to ALOT which can cause weight upto 1 stone added on to you.

Hope what ive asked/said has helped. All best with the tests.

You could not be eating enough, and your body is taking it as your starving it and stores everything right to fat.

Try eating more, but just stick with fruits and veggies. If you boost your metabolism and change what your eating, you will probably notice a difference.

I was one to say diet and exercise doesn't work, but it DOES. I've had a huge diet overhaul, and I lost 4 pounds this week, and that is with not much exercise.

Just to be a devil's advocate but the chances are you are just eating too much without realizing. People who don't eat enough food generally aren't overweight. I understand that people believe in the theory of 'starvation mode' but the truth is that anorexic people and people in famine condtions, as well as just general low calorie societies, aren't overweight because they eat too little. The reality is that 100 calories of peanut butter is the size of your thumbnail and most people eat too much.

Tracking your eating (writing it down, measuring properly not snacking here & there) over the long term and sticking to a plan will give you an idea of how much you really eat and then go from there.

Just to be a devil's advocate but the chances are you are just eating too much without realizing. People who don't eat enough food generally aren't overweight. I understand that people believe in the theory of 'starvation mode' but the truth is that anorexic people and people in famine condtions, as well as just general low calorie societies, aren't overweight because they eat too little. The reality is that 100 calories of peanut butter is the size of your thumbnail and most people eat too much.

Tracking your eating (writing it down, measuring properly not snacking here & there) over the long term and sticking to a plan will give you an idea of how much you really eat and then go from there.

Exactly this. This is something I have noticed with myself since I started calorie counting over the last few weeks. I am amazed at how many calories are packed into such small amounts at times!

Regular Diet and exercise is the only solution to loose weight.There are no magic pills or supplements to loss weight.Still some pills are available in market to loose weight but it may cause serious side effects.

Completely this!!!

When I did WW I didn't think I ate that much, but when I put it down on paper I couldn't believe the extra stuff I was eating.

I've just started running. I never thought in my life that I would ever run. But I actually really enjoy it now and whereas before I would have to go with someone, I've enjoyed going on my own.

Try the couch potato to 5K (think its on the NHS website) https://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/couch-5K-running-plan.aspx

Its a nine week plan...that will at least give you a little structure for your exercise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->