I pump 40oz+ a day.. Here's What I Do!!!

BeachPrincess

Pregnant& MomTo A Prince
Reaction score
I've seen a few ladies post that their milk isn't enough.. I've shared what I do a few times... Here it is..

*Drink a Guinness or Vita Malz after the last pump/nurse. they both taste like crap to me, but it works!

*Eats lots of oats!! I have granola in my yogurt every morning!!!

*I drink at least 3 glasses of the Still Tea. (Germany) It's a tea which the main ingredients are fennel, anis, caraway seed. I buy the Still teas with lemon and lavender as well. Baby gets it through your milk and helps their belly... (Speaking of baby belly.. In Germany, we have a baby Still tea, too. I put an once of it in a breast milk bottle. He sleeps ALL NIGHT, no spit up, has gas once in a blue moon, and he likes the taste!! :0 )

*LOTS and I mean LOTS of water!!!! I drink at least 3 liters of water a day. I'll have juice and something else, usually. (I'll still have wine or beer at dinner and wait until I don't feel "buzzed" or affected by it, then pump.

*I let my breasts "breathe" at night sometimes. I won't sleep with a bra on so the milk can let down!

*Make sure you get enough sleep and eat healthy!!! Good luck!! :)

Thanks for the adivce, I pump a ton too and eat lots of oatmeal and drink tons of water, I'd like to try the tea, wonder if I can get it here

No problem! :D Just look for the 3 main things I posted.. It's usually found in the organic section!! :D :D

How often do you express?

I'm really struggling with supply at the moment, have been eating oats and drinking more, so maybe will try the guiness (yuck!)

I wish this thread had been around when I was expressing! I had to express for 10 weeks when Sophie was in neonatal, until I was allowed to start breastfeeding her and my supply was never great - I was lucky to get maybe 4oz first thing in the morning and then it got worse as the day went on! xx

I wish this thread had been around when I was expressing! I had to express for 10 weeks when Sophie was in neonatal, until I was allowed to start breastfeeding her and my supply was never great - I was lucky to get maybe 4oz first thing in the morning and then it got worse as the day went on! xx

If you can find the Vital Malz or a beer that isn't fermented, the hops and grains could bring your milk back. I had a German lady tell me all of this. I didn't believe her and researched it. I mean, it's worth a try.. If you can find the tea or something close to it and the "beer" drink.. try it and pump!! Vita Malz tastes like CRAP!!! ><

Definitely something I have to try, as I'm going back to work soon and working on my supply of EBM.

Question though; I'm assuming you BF along with EBM feed? How do you prevent having too much of a heavy let down, when you BF? I notice I pump, and it'll cause me to have a heavy let down that will cause LO to choke. :dohh:

Omg I feel like a freak now, I pump around 150oz in a day for going out/night feeds etc without any special diet/supplements and thought this amount was normal...maybe I'm a cow!!

150 oz whoahhhhh, really, you must be on the pump all the time. Well done hun

Omg I feel like a freak now, I pump around 150oz in a day for going out/night feeds etc without any special diet/supplements and thought this amount was normal...maybe I'm a cow!!

Impressive!

Making too much milk is a real problem for many mum/baby pairs... Glad to hear that you've found a good way around it, but if you find that you want to reduce your milk supply, or if there are difficulties with your baby that could be related to oversupply, do give a shout.

Mel

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->