I refused a NT scan and now I'm worried and wish I'd taken it (scan attached)

MMAmummy

Mum to 2 boys & WTT #3
Reaction score
Hi ladies. Looking for some reassurance really. My midwife offered me the NT scan for Downs Syndrome and I said no as it I thought I wouldn't terminate for that reason so didn't need to know.

At my scan at 13w 2d the ultrasound lady said everything looks normal.

I'm now paranoid and worried that I should have had the NT scan done.

Can any of you tell if my scan looks like Downs Syndrome is a concern?

Attachments

• 2014-11-02 20.18.20.jpg
    2014-11-02 20.18.20.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 19
If the tech said that everything looked normal, then I'd trust that. They know a heck of a lot more than a bunch of women on a forum :) And FWIW, your scan looks like mine did and my baby was fine. They'll probably do an anatomy scan around 20 weeks and they'll look for things then too. I wouldn't worry.

If she said the ultrasound looked normal people here can't tell you otherwise.

I actually thought she wouldn't have mentioned anything about Downs as I said I never wanted checked for it xx

Hay hun in our area if you refuse the NT scan they don't do your 12 week scan until 16 weeks. this is because even if you refuse the NT scan if the tech sees anything abnormal they HAVE to tell you so they wait until the window has well and truly passed for the NT results to be accurate before doing the normal scan :) - so if the tech said all is normal then they haven't seen anything to be worried about

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->