I still haven't felt my baby move

Timtilly

Reaction score
Hi

I'm 20 weeks with my first and I'm still not sure if I've even felt flutters let alone kicks. I'm really worried.

I have my 20 week scan on Wednesday and I'm concerned they'll have bad news, even though my 12 and my 15 week scans were fine and bump is growing.

Xx

Hi

I was worried too...this is my first baby and I didnt start feeling him until 21 weeks. I am almost 23 weeks so ive been feeling him these last 2 weeks...im sure everything is fine and you will start feeling something soon!

some people dont feel movement till 24-25 weeks esp with first babies

I'm 17 weeks, haven't felt a flutter or anything yet. I have an appt tomorrow but won't have a scam until the 22nd, haven't had once since I was 6 weeks either. Hang in there! Wednesday will be here shortly!

I didn't feel baby until 22-23 and I'm only 115 pounds!

Maybe you are anterior? First babies are felt later usually too

I started getting kicks at the end of 22 weeks

I didn't feel my first until after 17 weeks, and my second until 17 weeks. I am very small (under 100lbs) so I figured I would feel so much earlier. I wouldn't worry too much. I still really only feel my baby when I'm laying, sometimes I can feel him while sitting. Just lay down and pay attention to your belly, you might just not notice it.

My daughter never was a kicker, I went in about once a week from 25 weeks on BC she NEVER moved. She is a totally happy healthy two year old now!

Don't worry!! Same thing happened to me! You probably have an anterior placenta. Until about 28 weeks I wasn't feeling much of anything, and to make it even scarier my belly stayed pretty flat/small until like....5 weeks ago! Even at 32 weeks I went in for a fetal movement test because she still seemed "quiet" but she was in there just bouncing and swimming away!! I'm sure the doctor thought I was a nut! :dohh:

Have you considered investing in a doppler? Really great for peace of mind!

I'm sure your little one is perfectly fine, just try to be patient - he/she will make themselves known by poking your ribs/bladder/sides/internal organs soon enough :) :hugs:

Thanks girls. You've all made me feel a bit better about it all! Hopefully I will feel him or her soon! Xx

im 19+ weeks with my 5TH baby and she hardly ever moves. its only the past week ive felt definate movement and still then it was only a tiny flutter then she stopped again. I can hear movement on doppler though so im guessing my placenta is in the way

Hi there :)
It is in no way a medical opinion, but just want to let you know that I couldn't tell apart baby movements until about 24 weeks. And even then they were fairly rare and I wasn't always certain. I'd say I started feeling proper movements, when there is no doubt what is going on, only around 27 weeks. This baby still doesn't have a movement pattern as they describe in the books and on the websites. I discussed it with midwifes and they confirmed that some babies never develop a proper pattern.
All the scans, measurements, tests are fine. I also noticed during the scans, where baby was moving a lot, that I don't feel quite a bit of what is going on inside there. However, now I do occassionaly have some body parts sticking out of my belly. :-D ... no mistake of what's going on there...

So, I'd say, it can be quite normal that you don't feel anything yet. It happens and everything is fine.

Though, if it does worry you much, speak to your midwife. They may not be able to do much this early, but could probably listen to the heartbeat for reassurance. I never went to midwives, just mentioned it during the appointments and they were not concerned. I have a doppler at home though... which I rarely use, by the way.

I wouldn't worry ladies. being pregnant for the first time its hard to tell what is movement and what is gas. some people don't feel much movement until later on.
I felt movement with my first when I was about 15 weeks with this one I was about 18 19 weeks.
baby could be quite far back which would reduced the amount of movement you feel. give it time you'll feel something.

I felt movement at 24 weeks with my first and even then it was very faint (I also had an anterior placenta). With my second I felt obvious movement starting at 14 weeks and was very strong by 16w but she was a serious mover. This time I haven't felt a thing yet, but it's still so early for me. Hugs mama - I'm sure all is well. xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->