I swear other people make gender dissapointment worse..

Sorry you are feeling this way. DH and I had always wanted at least 3 kids, i wanted 4. I just figured we would have some of each gender. I knew i wanted both girls and boys, and with my first two i was happy to be told they were both boys. With this one i honestly though/still feel like it's a girl. Everyone thought that i wanted a girl with our second, but to me it didn't matter. I'm kinda starting to panick now, the thought of never giving my dh the daughter he deserves........I want him to be able to have the father/daughter bond that i had with my dad.

It does annoy me that people assume that I would keep trying for a girl, just having babies and being upset that they were boys. It really didn't matter to me with my last baby, and yes I would like a girl this time but I am having another baby because I wanted a baby, boy or girl my family isn't finished yet. But it's the sympathy face and the'will you try again for a girl?' Even though I tell them that it doesn't matter and I love boys. There is a small part of me that doesn't want a girl last, because of I do after a girl people will assume I just kept going to get her. And i do get defensive over it, and it does make a small part of me think I got its a boy so I can prove how happy I am and how much I love my boys. But I want a girl for other people more than my myself, for DH and also my son's who all want a sister

It does annoy me that people assume that I would keep trying for a girl, just having babies and being upset that they were boys. It really didn't matter to me with my last baby, and yes I would like a girl this time but I am having another baby because I wanted a baby, boy or girl my family isn't finished yet. But it's the sympathy face and the'will you try again for a girl?' Even though I tell them that it doesn't matter and I love boys. There is a small part of me that doesn't want a girl last, because of I do after a girl people will assume I just kept going to get her. And i do get defensive over it, and it does make a small part of me think I got its a boy so I can prove how happy I am and how much I love my boys. But I want a girl for other people more than my myself, for DH and also my son's who all want a sister

Wow I really could have written this! I know exactly how you feel. We will have to see what we get though. :shrug:

I really really really don't care either way, as long as baby is healthy and happy (although if I was asked for a preference I'd say boy). My hubby is the same (but again he'd love another boy too). other people on the other hand seem to put pressure on wanting a girl, or even to some extent expecting it. What gets me is the 'Oh it's got to be a girl this time surely' comments. Well no actually, it's 50/50 every time. Were you not listening in biology class?

I know it will sound mad and it doesn't make the want I feel now any less, but I actually wonder if I've been brain washed to want a girl. Told so often that women want daughters, told so much by other people that I must be going for a girl next time, that I need to even things out, that now I actually believe it where as when I first started having babies I wanted boys. I'm the last girly person, I only have brothers, I much prefer boys toys and boys stuff in general. It's only since my last baby that I've really started to feel that I should want a girl.
The more I try to convince myself I'm having another boy, the happier I am about the idea of a boy, rather than being resigned to the fact it will be a boy.
But on the whole I do hope for a girl this time. Maybe I've been conditioned to think that way lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->