I tell my parents tomorrow!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by mightyspu, Dec 23, 2009.

1. mightyspu

mightyspu No life since Aug 2009...

I am sooo nervous! I am 29, have a job, a home and a husband, yet I feel like a teenager!

I am very excited as well, but doubt I will get through the moment without blubbing!

2. rattlegirl28

rattlegirl28 Well-Known Member

Aw that's lovely, maybe they will cry too!! My mum was in tears when she found out, it's been a long road for us, xx

3. FEDup1981

FEDup1981 Mam of two & two angels

Aww what a lovely xmas present 4 them, theyll be over the moon!! xx

4. ladypotter

ladypotter Three Girls!!!

YAY!! Merry Christmas!!!

5. heatherv2

heatherv2 Well-Known Member

Yay! How exciting, Mightyspu! We are telling my parents tomorrow also, at their Christmas Eve party. We will arrive a little early to give them the news. I don't think I would be able to say it without blubbering either, so I made a shirt. It's kind of silly. I took a picture of one of my homemade hamburger buns sitting in the oven. I printed it out on a t-shirt transfer with my due date underneath and put it on a t-shirt. I'm just going to put that on over the shirt I plan to wear for the evening, then when we get there and I take off my coat we will just have to wait and see how long it takes them to figure out what's going on. Haha We hope it doesn't take them too long!

6. Crypto1976

Crypto1976 Guest

Thats so exciting!!! Blubbing is good in these situations! You have been so patient and self controlled! You must let us know their reaction!! XXX

7. mightyspu

Ah Heather, that's a great way of telling them! You'll have to let us know how long it takes for someone to notice!

We are also revealing our secret at the Christmas eve party, which dh can't attend the first part of as he is working. I have to wait until about 8 in the evening for him to arrive before I say anything! I was going to tell my Mum and Sister that I need to give them their presents early and hand over copies of my scan pic and see what they do!!

8. JoF77

JoF77 New Member

We are telling his parents tomorrow and mine on Boxing Day! So excited! :happydance:

9. JoF77

JoF77 New Member

And the way we are doing it is we have wrapped up a ball of wool and knitting needles for the mother in law!

10. Delamere19

Delamere19 Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys!

That's really exciting!! It's so hard keeping it secret!!

11. heatherv2

heatherv2 Well-Known Member

Oh, I bet that will be torture having to wait for DH to get there! How lucky you are to have had a scan already. I won't be having one until January 11.

We get to have our shirt fun tomorrow night, then we get to do it all over again on Sunday when we do Christmas with DH's family!

12. mightyspu

I had my scan at about 8 weeks. It's best for you to wait a wee bit as you'll see so much more!

ARGH I can't wait! Have been avoiding my parents because it's so hard not to tell!

13. mightyspu

Right, the big announcement didn't go quite to plan as my sister revealed she is also pregnant! I called dh, who was still at work and made the family open the cards I gave them. Everyone very pleased (of course) and it's great to have my sister going through the same thing at the same time! she is due about 3 weeks before me, and this is not her first child, so she'll also be able to give me a few pointers

14. lauralora

lauralora Well-Known Member

really what a massive coincidence lol .... were they happy for you? i love these kinda stories :D xx

15. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will be really exciting to share the experience with her... I'm sorry your plans didn't turn out your way, but I'm sure they were happy anyhow. :wohoo:

16. bek74

bek74 Mum of 5

How exciting that you are both pregnant together, your parents must be so over the moon.
    Congratulations to you and your sister:hugs:

17. mightyspu

Thanks ladies, I'm not too fussed that it didn't quite go to plan, but I am so pleased that there is someone I know I can turn too! My parents were thrilled, as you can imagine! fil is still in shock though!

18. wannabemamma

wannabemamma Well-Known Member

I felt the same way!! Weird isn't it, I felt like I should be apologising!! My mum had a slight tear, as did my sister. Dad was ok, just a little shocked (in a nice way!) I'm not much of a cryer so I was dry!