I think I am reading too much...

AndiAmsterdam

Reaction score
Let me just first say that I know I'm being a bit crazy! I have absolutely no reason in the world to suspect that anything is wrong, but I keep reading lots of posts on various topics (ectopic pregnancies, Betas, HCG levels, etc), and now the worry is starting to creep in. I guess it's the same sort of situation when you get sick and read WebMD for too long and basically come to the conclusion that you're probably dying lol

Anyway, should I be testing my own HCG levels? I am sorry, this is my first so I am fairly clueless! I am only about 4 weeks along and I live in The Netherlands, which basically means no doctor will see for at least another 4 weeks. Should I be testing these levels to make sure all is well? If so, how would I go about doing this?

Thanks for the help, ladies!

Since this is your first and you have no reasons to suspect anything wrong...I would highly recommend you just try to enjoy the pregnancy. The more you read and research, the more you are going to drive yourself crazy with worry. The only thing I look up daily is the baby's progress, I dont look up anything that will worry me. And trying to define whether your pregnancy is going good with HCG is inaccurate. My HCG had an extremely slow rise and my baby is growing perfectly. For most women this would concern them with a slow rise in HCG so i'm glad I didnt check my HCG numbers. What will be will be and there is nothing anyone can do about it so I would just enjoy it:hugs:

you shouldnt be testing your hcg levels. i was actually wanting to do the same and asked my doctor to do it, but they told me the only time they'd test for my hcg is if they suspect something is going wrong with my pregnancy. so... i did not ever get to know my hcg! i just know now that as my pregnancy progressed, around 8 weeks along, my pregnancy tests started to show fainter and fainter because my hcg levels were too high and overwhelmed the test(the test line still showed up before the control).

its my first pregnancy and i read way too much and i get so upset when i hear of others experiences and worries about something i didnt even think could happen. its definitely best to stay off certain topics/forums but its hard not to look around and see how everyone else is doing as far as symptoms go. i like to compare symptoms! but theres alot of negative things too like the "m" words and ectopics. because i read about those here, i ended up worried so much i would have one too. baby is fine! and although baby was letting me know not to worry, i couldnt help myself! i worried about everything in the beginning of my pregnancy. EVERYTHING. partially because i read too much and came across alot of negative things unintentionally.

I only got hcg done when something was going wrong with my first pregnancy. It's not fun. If you have no reasons to worry then relax and enjoy. If you need to take a few days before coming back on here if that will help to ease your worry. You don't need your hcg done, I've not had anything this pregnancy, just a booking in appointment.

I'm doing the same thing. I have stopped though because I can't stress myself out like this. Tis no good for you or baby. I haven't had my levels checked yet and I am just fine with that. Just enjoy it. I am trying to also. I know it's easier said than done with Google and WebMD and even this forum. But just avoid the sad topics and sad outcomes and revel in the fact that you are pregnant. :)

Stop freaking out, lol. I know that it is hard, believe me. I only know my HCg levels because I have had previous miscarriages. Take a breath and just be happy that you are pregnant. Easier said that done, I know. I understand how reading all the information on this site can really stress someone out. There are a couple of people on here that have had NT scans done and now I am worried about something being wrong with my baby. It's hard, and I think that almost everyone is going through this same thing.

I only ever had my hcg tested when i had my miscarriages, so i wouldn't worry at all about having them tested unless there's a problem suspected :)

Thanks so much, ladies! That was just what I needed to hear! I am just going to relax...

I went to the Dr and my pregnancy test was negative even though I was getting positives at home . So they checked my hcg to see if it was possible . I wouldn't recommend it because it bring unnecessary worry and you obsess over levels . I didn't know them with my last pregnancy and I was far more relaxed . Unless you feel their is something wrong or bleeding don't worry more than likely your fine

Stop reading. It drove me totally nuts for weeks on end.

I'm having the same problem... reading way to much into things... I'm driving my husband crazy lol.

I tested at previous pregnancy. Hcg bad progesterone. I wish I hadn't. it was incredibly stressful and so easy to stress. no such tests this time and I feel so much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->