I think I want to stop BF?

S

Serene123

I just feel like after 4 and a half months, I've done what I never even intended to do and I have done so well at it, but I don't want to anymore. I want to have set bottle times. I want her to sleep through the night. I want to not feel akward every time I have to feed her when I'm out or at someones house.

So, how do you stop? She has 4 bottles now so she will take them. How much formula should a 4-5m old be having?

Could u not express and give her bottles of that when ur out an at night? Thats what I do...

Jasmine used to have 6oz and would have 5-6 bottles a day.

Thats how I felt with max after 4 months I stopped but he weaned himself off ..he didnt take the breast for 3 days so I figured he is done and now hes fine.. what ever you choose we'll stick by you :)

ive spoke to you on msn but just wanted to give you huge hugs

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

youve done extremely well hunni.

well done hunnie Im only restarting my journey through bf, but my formula packet has suggested amountsfor different ages :hugs:

Well like you have said you have done well considering you werent intending to breastfeed at the start.
It should say on the tin how much she should be having :)

I have had enough of breastfeeding too and like you i intended to bottle feed from the start.
Now she is on formula (aptamil) and i express twice a day and she has one bottle of breast milk before bed.
Gradually i will start to give her formula before bed but im happy at the min that she is at least having some breast milk during the day.
She takes 4 bottles a day 3 formula 1 breastmilk each close to 9oz.

It's not her getting breastmilk that I'm stuck on, it's being close to her.. I just can't break that bond. I understand why people breastfeed 8 year olds now :rofl:

so true I hated that max didnt want the boob anymore , I felt like he didnt need me anymore :( but dont worry once you stop for a week you start feeling better

I know you probably don;t want to mix feed and think it causes complications and stuff...but for a couple of weeks I fed Alasdair just once a day in the morning and he had the rest bottle...now I do 3 times boob. If you still want the closeness maybe keep trying to do it for a while or else you might regret giving it up completely?

Feeding, for me, has been much more complicated than I expected and I get the feeling it has been for you too :hugs:

Seth takes 8oz of hungry baby formula now. No idea how much he takes from me but I dont think its anywhere near as much.

Youve done really well :)

xxx

:blush: I can't do it! :rofl:

I'm addicted

:rofl: I think I'll be the same! If you don't want to give up completely can you just feed her at night so you can have a routine for bottles during the day and don't need to worry if you go out anywhere? x

:blush: I can't do it! :rofl:

I'm addicted

I know how you feel about that. I was about to give up the boobie Now I have decided that I am going back to strictly BF'ing. Strange I know but I gave it some thought and told OH that I will reconsider at 6 months. For now I decided that I don't want to miss out on that time with her.

not for me it didn't, Toria (although I do seem to have an abundance of the white stuff...)

No, as long as your boobs get emptied at least once a day, you'll continue to produce milk. Many women only feed once or twice a day once their LOs are 18 months or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->