I think it was my fault.... :(

L

LilDreamy

Original Title: Fever During and After MC...???

Hi girls...

Before I knew I was pregnant but was pregnant, I was having extremely high fevers. 103.0 F / 39.4 C

Since I really didn't think I was pregnant I was taking high doses(When sick I usually NEVER take medicine, but this was so horrible) of Tylenol. :nope: Just to make it go down a degree. When I did find out I was pregnant, I had the worste gut feeling ever, and thought... what if... I harmed my baby by taking the tylenol?? :nope:

Anyway... I can't dwell on it or I'll start crying... Now a few days after MC I am running the same kind of Fever as when I was pregnant... could I have an infection from the pregnancy?? Anyone experience this??

To be honest... I don't know if it's possible...
But I think I'm allergic to OH all of a sudden??

He is working 3 hours away and I only see him maybe every 3 weeks.
This is the 3rd time he's been here to where I end up getting sick 2 days after he leaves... Or is this just coincedence??

Sounds gross... but could his sperm be making me sick????
This pregnancy I DID NOT want to have sex when he came around this time.
But I knew if I didn't give it to him, he was going to bother me and bother me and make me feel horrible if I didn't. Typical man. :growlmad:
So I gave it to him, so he wouldn't bother me, I didn't want to deal with it.
Not to mention... that was the MOST PAINFUL sex I have ever had in my entire life. But I bared through it.

It was like Sandpaper to your... you know what. I was so dry.. It was horrifying.

After sex I had a little spotting and figured it was just from the area being rubbed the wrong way...

And now I am scared.. what if that caused the MC??

And another cause is that I am in the military and They make us do things I don't have a choice in.

While pregnant they made me run two miles.
And then the day before my MC they made me pull a 24 hour shift to where sleeping is not allowed. Not to mention I have a 1 year old at home so when I got home she didn't allow me to go to sleep so I had been up for nearly 48 hours, while pregnant. I was an emotional wreck, and then started bleeding. :cry::cry:

It is so obvious that this miscarriage was 100% my fault. :cry: How could I be so stupid!?

I got off topic.. now I just don't know what to say anymore. :nope:
Alexa kept me up all night last night for some odd reason, and now I'm sick. I'm lacking in so much sleep. I just want to wake up from this horrible dream. :(

I'm sure nobody is to blame for the loss. I would think (I'm not MD) that it would be strange for you to delelope a sudden allergy to your husband, or his sperm if you have never had any symptoms before. If it bothers you, ask your MD if you could have a sperm allergy but do t dwell and think either of you did anything wrong. It sounds like you were really early in your preganacy and sometimes we loose them without explanation. I just got home from a d&c after havin my twins pass a week apart for no apparent reason. The body senses what we can not and sometimes makes the choices we never could. It hurts, but don't pull away from your DH or blame yourself.

My sincerest condolences and best of luck to you & yours

Honey, it was not your fault. We could all think of a reason why we're to blame for our losses, but the sad truth is it's nobody's fault. Being on here has made me realise how common losing a LO actually is. Remember the July thread we were on - there are about 4 of us who lost our LOs, and I am heartbroken for every one of us.

Please stop torturing yourself about what you could have done differently, it won't help you feel any better. I will always be here for you if you need to chat :hugs: We have our gorgeous girls to stay strong for - Holly is helping me, as I'm sure Alexa is helping you. x x x

You can't blame yourself for your miscarriage. First of all, your high fever could have caused it not the tylenol and as far as pain relievers go tylenol is the safest to take during pregnancy (my OBGYN says that regular strength tylenol is completely safe to take during pregnancy). Secondly, the placenta isn't even formed early in pregnancy so the tylenol would have no way to reach the baby.

I know it is really hard not to blame yourself, but you shouldn't.:hugs:

Oh and if you are having painful sex, then I would talk to your OB/GYN!

Omg hun please don't blame yourself for the loss!! There is nothin you could have done to prevent your precious baby from going to heaven :( I'm soo sorry that you are feeling this way, but I promise you did nothing wrong!!!

And as far as the military thing....I'm in the military too(army) and there is a reg that is specifically for pregnant soldiers!!! They HAVE to put you on a medical profile and u have to allowed to do different PT. I don't know what branch of the military u are in, but u really need to talk to your chain of command about this!! When I had my mc in April my profile was extended for 6 months(according to the reg) also about the 2 miles thing, my dr told me that early in pregnancy any activity that you normally do wouldn't harm the baby(I inquired about this because of the PT test) but my unit did not make me do anything that I was not comfortable with!! Please talk to you chain of command about this, and if u have to go over their heads!!!! Google the reg for profiling pregnant soldiers for your branch.

Sorry for the long post I just want you to be aware of your rights as a pregnant soldier! Xxxx so sorry again hun

Thanks girls! :)

& Super thanks for all of the info.
I'm not as down in the dumps today as I was yesterday. Luckily. :)
I went and talked to a Chaplain and he seemed to help alot. :)

And hi BabyKiser!
It's really nice seeing another girly here in the Army!
I had the Pregnancy Profile.
And was doing PT in a Pregnancy Program run by a really great Female Master Sergeant.
Crazy enough there were about 10 of us in the program within the battallion.
Never realized how many were actually having babies.

She has them Running all the way up until they are 4 to 6 months pregnant.
And there is a really really athletic girl claiming she had been running her normal PT Test pace all the way up until 6 months. And that it was perfectly safe.
So I thought... Gosh... maybe I'm just being silly and I started running like I normally would. I was cramping really bad the whole time, and was very paranoid.
I don't think it caused the MC... but it still scares me a bit... :/ Of what if..

Thanks for your reply! It's nice seeing another Army chick on here. :D

:hugs: HOOAH!! lol

And in my opinion i think it nuts to keep doing hardcore PT for that long! I would never do that, i know we are suppose to be all hooah hooah and stuff, but come on now!!! I m not saying dont do anything, but doing the max is a bit much. And yea my 1SG said he had a female in his old unit that kept running until she was like 8 months pregnant, and running a good time too. Hats off to them, but i wouldnt do it. And your right that probably wasnt the reason for your mc because your body is used to doing PT...not excersing...PT lol, two different things! But next time I would tell the MSG or even the dr on base that you dont feel well when running at your fastest pace. Honestly whats the worst they can do....extra duty?? they still have to give u breaks doing that :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->