I think my water's just begun to leak. Is this the start of things?

starshinebby

Proud new mother!
Reaction score
This is going be TMI, if you were wondering, lol. Can't really get around it.

The last few days I've noticed that my body has come out of what's seemed like a never ending stabilized state of pregnancy. I woke up this morning feeling wet and thought that it was just my body producing more CM since we're only 10 days away from our EDD. Went to the bathroom then came back to bed.

A little later on, I felt like I had to go again so I got up but this time I seriously thought I had peed myself. There was too much for it to be CM, and I haven't peed myself at all throughout my entire pregnancy. I had to run to the bathroom and there was enough to make little clear puddles on the bathroom floor. It didn't smell like urine, didn't have much of a smell to it at all. But each time I've had to go to the bathroom I've actually had to go so I'm not sure if the rest of the liquid was clear or not.

I've had to wear a pad as every time I get up to walk I can feel myself leak. That's why I'm pretty sure it's not urine since it happens without the urge to go. What I've leaked into the pad seems to have a pale yellow tint to it, but it's not urine and I thought amniotic fluid was clear.

I should also mention that yesterday afternoon OH decided that he want to see if he could help things along and we DTD (it's been about a good two weeks since the last time we had). If all this had happened right after DTD, I would have chalked it up to our previous activities, but this is almost a day later that this is happening.

Other than that, baby's moving fine. I have slight back pain, pelvic pain (feels similar to period pain), and the usual Braxton hick's.

Do you think this could be the start of things? After writing this out I have a feeling it is. I think I just don't want to get my hopes up just yet and see what other's think of this.

Yep, that's how mine went, feeling like I needed to wee and then it just coming out! Good luck! They always say waters have a sweet smell, mine didn't smell at all!

It's possible it could be. If you want to know for sure if it's your waters, you can see your midwife or OB and have them test the fluid. I know when mine went (it was the start of my labour, no contractions or even a hint that I was about to give birth before that), it was a very obvious steady trickle that soaked completely through my panties, like they were completely wet as if dunked in a bucket of water. There was no doubt in my mind what it was because it was so much. But if you are getting a slower sort of dripping, it could go either way, though I'd go with your gut if you think that's what it is. For me it was clear and smelled like nothing (or I guess like water). Like I said, if you really want to know they can test it (I refused to have it done as I definitely wasn't lying on my back at that point) or you can just go with the flow and wait for contractions to start up. If you are getting some period pains, that's a good sign. That's exactly how my contractions were in the beginning. Good luck!

Btw, I see you're in SF. I think maybe we've chatted on here before, but I used to live there before I moved over to the UK. I lived in the Inner Sunset. I love it here, but I still miss SF. Cool to see someone else from there on here!

By the way you described it id be suprised if it wasnt yout waters!!

Best of luck

Thanks ladies, it's reassuring to know that this might be it. OH doesn't know what to do with himself now, he's cleaning and folding clothes as I type.

I think for now I'll go with the flow and keep track of things. Hopefully things keep steadily progressing from here, if they do we'll be off to the hospital later today.

Btw, I see you're in SF. I think maybe we've chatted on here before, but I used to live there before I moved over to the UK. I lived in the Inner Sunset. I love it here, but I still miss SF. Cool to see someone else from there on here!

I think we have too, lol. And that's awesome, how was it moving to the UK? OH and I have been considering moving to Ireland eventually, but for some reason the whole moving to a new country thing seems overwhelming and costly to me. We haven't looked into it too much yet, but moving somewhere to the UK is defiantly in the cards for us.

That's how my water broke...my sister (in Ireland =-) ) told me that there are "front waters" and "hind waters"- front waters are the trickle and then the baby's head acts as a cork and then the hind waters are the big gush that sometimes happens later on.

Sounds like your waters to me! Although it sounds like your hind waters possibly :) (these are actually the trickle) the front waters are the big gush. Good luck!! :) xx

Sounds like water breaking to me! You might wanna call your doc and let them know. I've been told that you're supposed to head to the hospital if your water breaks?

Good luck!

Sounds like water breaking to me! You might wanna call your doc and let them know. I've been told that you're supposed to head to the hospital if your water breaks?

Good luck!

I plan on going in later tonight, I haven't had any contractions and last time I was checked I had barely dilated. I fear that if I go in now without much going on, the hospital will try to bring on my contractions which goes against my natural birth plan. I also don't want to be laid up in a hospital bed waiting. I'd rather wait at home, where I'm comfortable.

It's only just begun so I'm not too worried about anything as of yet. I'm going to get in a nap and hopefully when I wake up things will have progressed a bit further.

Good plan. Mine went at 4 am and I went to the hospital at 8 pm and had her at 8 am the next morning. I think I did the right thing staying home.

Good plan. Mine went at 4 am and I went to the hospital at 8 pm and had her at 8 am the next morning. I think I did the right thing staying home.

The wet feeling started at 6am, I didn't have my first "this might be my waters" gush until 9am. I'm a bit more crampy now after my nap but nothing else.

If nothing else happens, should I still go to the hospital? I still feel so barely in the beginning stages of labor.

you should probably still get checked, b/c my understanding of your waters breaking you have roughly 24 hours for the baby to be delivered and then after that your chances of getting an infection increases. So, even if your waters break, and you feel "nothing," it's still good to get checked out, to avoid an infection! Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->