I think Receptionist at my doctors talked about me privately

I am still waiting for update. Not heard from practice or my brother. I would think he knows now as receptionist would likely tell them or practice manager has spoken to him if she denied it.

I was half expecting knock on my door with a mouth full of what have you done. Not tonight.

Not sure how practice manager intends to communicate the result of meeting, if by letter then it'll be a few days I guess.

Hoping for positive outcome that she confessed and is being dealt with accordingly. I like our surgery and dont want to move but if it goes in her favour then we need to move elsewhere because my gut tells me she blabbed.

Watch this space.

Thanks ladies.

I think mostly likely she'll said "guess who I saw today". I am not sure she gave full details though.

She wouldn't even be allowed to say the OP was a registered patient let alone mentioned she had seen her that day in the context of the surgery. I very much doubt she will confess because she will know an omission means she could be sacked on the spot, but I hope they at least attempt to investigate but not sure how these things are handled when it is word of mouth.

Evening Ladies

Still not heard.

Waiting patiently to find out what took place.

No contact off brother or SIL so not even sure if practice manager has spoken to them yet or even if she will but last week she was adamant she wanted to talk to them.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

If nothing tomorrow i would contact them again!

Hmm certainly sounds suspicious! I hope you hear soon- I agree with the above, I'd call and ask for a follow up tomorrow. Make sure they don't drop it! I'd imagine she won't admit to it (if she did blab) as she'll probably hope to lie and deny, then call your brother and insist he denies it too, and there will be no proof.

Yes will follow this up tomorrow and see what response I receive.

I hope they do respond. It would seem a cop out considering all the coincidences!

If you're not happy with their response I would have a look at the Information Commission website, you can escalate it if you don't feel they handle it well internally. This is how it works with my work not sure if it's different when it is medical information if you have to go higher up in the trust first instead?

Did they ever get back to you? Thought they would get back to you Asap as its such a serious matter! Xx

Not heard anything yet.

The practice manager is out today so I have sent her an email asking what happened on Monday and if she denied it to presume she then went onto speak with my brother and his wife and what did they say.

I have not heard from my brother and normally he would go off on one so it is all a bit strange for me.

I rang the surgery withholding my number and the said receptionist answered the phone so she is still working there! She obviously has denied it.

I will wait tomorrow and see what PM says and if she hasn't spoken to my brother I will ask her why not as that would have been the next step in the investigation. I shall also confront him again myself.

Now thinking I should probably move surgerys which is a nightmare because my 6 year old boy is under a doctor at the moment and I get repeat prescriptions for my other two. To move surgerys means travelling as this one is literally on our doorstep, we walk there plus getting a new doctor to review my kids all over again to get everything in place. Just not fair.

OR should I stay and put my nose in the air each time I have to go. And next time I am pregnant (I'm staying positive) tell her directly at the desk to keep her mouth shut.

ARGHHHHHH.

Well you can put a complaint into the Health board if they haven't taken your complaint seriously.

Did they ever get back to you? Thought they would get back to you Asap as its such a serious matter! Xx

Sounds like they aren't taking me seriously.

I have emailed PM as she is out today so expect a reply tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->