I think Receptionist at my doctors talked about me privately

Did they ever get back to you? Thought they would get back to you Asap as its such a serious matter! Xx

Sounds like they aren't taking me seriously.

I have emailed PM as she is out today so expect a reply tomorrow.

That's shocking!! I agree with eternal, take it further hun x

Have a look at this hun: https://www.ico.org.uk

I'd stay but being spoken to would I hope, keep her from discussing you and any future pregnancies. I think if you told her to keep her mouth shut it would backfire on you and she'd say she was the victim of threatening behaviour. She's obviously sly enough to accuse you of that given her previous behaviour.

Evening ladies

I received letter. In short she denies saying anything. She was visibly upset by reading my letter of complaint. She told them dates she has had contact wi my brother and sil. They never followed it up with brother or sil. They confirm there is no breach.

Yeah right.

I confronted brother yesterday, he denies and swears she never said anything - talked around it all for 25 ish minutes, then I got a lecture that I shouldn't have any more, too old, dont have anyone to help me should I need it, should of stopped at 2, loads more crap came out of his mouth.

Come to conclusion he's full of sh@t.

All are denying so I cant get anywhere with this.

Next decision do I stay with surgery or move.

Big hassle to move, my boy under doc at moment so not really convenient to move anyway plus docs know my history, been poorly last 3 years but new docs just read files to get upto speed so is it an issue. Then staying rubs her nose in it but going gives me peace my business stays mine.

Crap isnt it.

Thanks everyone for your support.

The stubborn side of me says to complain further and move. Only because of it looking as though they are looking out for each other.

The other part of me says to ask for the notes of the investigation as you are considering asking for this to be dealt with outside them and stay. You would be more or less guaranteed that she wouldn't say anything in the future and would know to remain professional around you!

I would just move. Whether or not she did she knows to keep her mouth shut even more so (aka be more careful about who she tells)

Couldn't the children stay with that doctor but you move yours? As it seems your biggest worry is them talking about pregnancies rather than anything else (not saying anything talked about is right) .

I'd say you feel uncomfortable staying with the surgery as you feel you can't trust staff or their protocols and then move hun. You should feel comfortable with your surgery. X

Just been catching up on this - sounds to me like they've just taken her word for it and stopped there. Surely they should be investigating more?

Anyways, I don't think I'd be comfortable staying at that surgery. X

Thanks ladies for your comments.

I have told PM that I am unhappy with how it went and she should have spoken to my brother and sil to further investigate.

She contacted me to say she will contact them and speak to receptionist after and get back to me.

At least then I will know she has spoken to all involved.

I'm there tomorrow with doctor as still bleeding so not easy to move as not finished mc yet.

I'm tired of this and want it over.

Quick update..

Sounds like PM has spoken with SIL. Not sure about brother.

I have had abuse from both of them saying what have you done she can lose her job because of my complaint. They have told me in not so nice words I have been dumped as family and they have already removed me from facebook. WOW in a space of 5 hours.

So does this sound like they are worried for their friend because she did it? I know my complaint will have wound them up but if she's innocent she wont lose her job so why tell me she'll lose her job.

As for being bumped I dont want negative dramas in my life and at the end of the day they cut away from me so I'll have to accept and they'll have to live with their decision too.

Why is it so hard?

:hugs: no advice, but don't sound like they are worth having in your life. :hugs:

sadly, unless either your Bro, SIL or their friend will need to confess for it to be proved and there is no way that is going to happen.
The Friend has had it brought to her attention that it is unacceptable and she will be under watch at work. I think you have gone as far as you can go so it is now time to move on.
Your Bro and SIL have made choices that have not shown you support and so let them walk away. You don't need them if they are going to make the sort of choice they have made.

sadly, unless either your Bro, SIL or their friend will need to confess for it to be proved and there is no way that is going to happen.
The Friend has had it brought to her attention that it is unacceptable and she will be under watch at work. I think you have gone as far as you can go so it is now time to move on.
Your Bro and SIL have made choices that have not shown you support and so let them walk away. You don't need them if they are going to make the sort of choice they have made.

Hi and thanks.

I have done all I can and sil and receptionist are bestfriends of 27 years so she will stand by her and deny it.

I have been thinking about how they have treated me and my family over these past few years and all I've had is abuse of having my third, no support and no welcome when we attempted most of the time to visit, they too busy. So thinking they done me a favour by walking away from me...

Hi and thanks.:flower:

I have done all I can and sil and receptionist are bestfriends of 27 years so she will stand by her and deny it.

I have been thinking about how they have treated me and my family over these past few years and all I've had is abuse of having my third, no support and no welcome when we attempted most of the time to visit, they too busy. So thinking they done me a favour by walking away from me...

Yeah that's what I first thought when I read 'she could lose her job over it', that he wasn't denying it, he was just concerned she may lose her job. He probably thinks it's not a big deal but you have every right to be so upset, you were having a miscarriage and had to deal with people going on about you being pregnant. That's why people who work in surgeries have patient confidentiality drummed into them. Of course there is a chance it was just coincidence, but from what I've read I doubt it.

It sounds like your brother and sil give you nothing but agro from what you've told us, you don't need such negative people in your life. I think I agree with the above pp though, if it comes to nothing it may just be best to leave it, as frustrating as the situation is. Sounds like it'll be your word against theirs.

Hi Ladies

Just had confirmation from practice manager that my SIL has denied that her friend who is the receptionist has breached my patient confidentiality and to hope that puts my mind at rest.

Yeah ok.

So I will remain at surgery and make her squirm with fear every time I have contact there.

For me, way too obvious she has done it and for my brother and SIL to behave the way they have that says it all too.

Now I will let them go and move on. They are the ones who have to live with their guilt knowing they have lost me and my family for protecting a gobby friend who does not know the meaning of integrity, confidentiality, privacy, respect - they all deserve each other.

Thank you all for your comments and support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->