I think the 4 month regression has hit? Thoughts please

neeyore

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I know this issue comes up alot on baby club but was wondering if anyone with experience of the 4 month regression could offer me some advice.

My LO is 4 and a half months now, she always slept through the night from 9pm-6.30am, but since Saturday she's started to wake up several times every night, its getting worse every day. Last night she woke up 40 mins after I'd put her down, then was up every hour to two hours roughly. Is this the regression hitting? Reason I'm not sure is that it has become REALLY hard to put her down once she's been rocked to sleep, she's very clingy and it seems that she just wants Mommy next to her all the time for comfort. Does this seem like it is the regression?
I got so sick of getting up to go to her cot that I've started to have her next to me in bed so that I can just comfort her with the boob, but I really regret doing that last night as she seemed to want it all the time and she's been mega fussy now since 4.30am.

Any thoughts on what this could be? Thanks in advance for any help xxx

Yup def sounds like the regression. In our case nothing we did made him sleep any longer you might just have to ride it out. This growth spurt lasts from approx 14.5 to 19.5 weeks but then there's another from 22.5 to 26.5 weeks ( according to my face book/App "The Wonder Weeks" ) so it seems never-ending!

If I had the option I would have just coslept through it.

Yup def sounds like the regression. In our case nothing we did made him sleep any longer you might just have to ride it out. This growth spurt lasts from approx 14.5 to 19.5 weeks but then there's another from 22.5 to 26.5 weeks ( according to my face book/App "The Wonder Weeks" ) so it seems never-ending!

If I had the option I would have just coslept through it.

Cheers hun, guess there's a fair few more sleepless nights to come then! Wish there was something more I could do to get her more settled, I'm such a grouch when I lose my sleep, just have to remind myself that most Mommies go through this and not to take it so personally!!

I agree - sounds like the ticket! Nothing we did helped either. Just needs to be rode out and will get better. It can last for a different amount of time for everyone - it lasted about 3weeks for us, but sometimes even now she has wobbly nights.

Hope it gets better for you soon!

Definitley sounds like it hun! It will get better though, I know it's hard to believe that now :hugs:

Ava was the same, used to sleep through every night, we were already co-sleeping when the regression hit so no advice there. It lasted about 2 weeks for us I think. x

Cheers m'dears :thumbup: does sound like its the regression then. Guess I'll just carry on with the co-sleeping for now as at least that way I don't have to get out of bed too much. Hopefully I'll just power through it as you did - thank God I'm not back at work yet!!
Thanks again ladies, appreciate your posts xx

I'll join this club too! DS will be 5 months next week and we have just finished the second week of the 4 month sleep regression. Prior to this he was waking twice a night to feed, now he's anywhere from 1 - 2 hours. He won't settle unless I give him a quick feed. It's so exhausting! He still wakes with a huge smile in the mornings and I just feel like I've been hit by a train! I am praying this won't go on for too much longer because I am so shattered.
Hugs to you xx

I'll join this club too! DS will be 5 months next week and we have just finished the second week of the 4 month sleep regression. Prior to this he was waking twice a night to feed, now he's anywhere from 1 - 2 hours. He won't settle unless I give him a quick feed. It's so exhausting! He still wakes with a huge smile in the mornings and I just feel like I've been hit by a train! I am praying this won't go on for too much longer because I am so shattered.
Hugs to you xx

Thanks hun, God I bet you are so exhausted, I'm only 5 nights into it so no doubt I'll soon feel that way too! Hugs back to you :hugs: hope you get some rest soon, hopefully you're near the end of it now xx

Hugs to you xx

Thanks hun, God I bet you are so exhausted, I'm only 5 nights into it so no doubt I'll soon feel that way too! Hugs back to you :hugs: hope you get some rest soon, hopefully you're near the end of it now xx

I hope yours doesn't last too long as well! I really wish there was something we could do. My little man has also had his first tooth cut through the gum, and he's just got eczema as well so he's all out of sorts the poor thing.

Hugs to you xx

I hope yours doesn't last too long as well! I really wish there was something we could do. My little man has also had his first tooth cut through the gum, and he's just got eczema as well so he's all out of sorts the poor thing.

Awww he's got it all at once, poor little man!
I hope it doesn't too, but I guess if it does...c'est la vie eh?! Although I know I won't be thinking so casually when I'm up for the 6th time tonight!

Hugs to you xx

Awww he's got it all at once, poor little man!
I hope it doesn't too, but I guess if it does...c'est la vie eh?! Although I know I won't be thinking so casually when I'm up for the 6th time tonight!

I'm so glad it's not just me up 5 + times a night! The other 4 month sleep regression threads I've been reading, some ladies are only up 1-2 times a night. I am SO jealous! Good luck hun

I dunno if I'm still in the 3 month growth spurt or its the 4 month sleep regression now but for the past month she's been waking up anywhere between 4 and 8 times - pretty knackering! And I can't even just co-sleep and feed her in bed cos she screams if I don't hold her up for half an hour after eating and then I can't sleep again so I'm up for an hour every couple of hours ARGH

can't help but can sympathise my baby is 17 weeks in that time i have had 4 sttn.... its exhausting. 4 month regression i would cry at first she would only sleep if you held her.,

We're going through exactly the same thing neeyore, you could have been describing Daniel! I'm up several times in the night and have to run into the nursery to settle him before he wakes his twin up! I have resorted to bringing him into our bed a few times in the early hours of the morning but we're worried that he'll get used to being in our bed and we'll start to struggle getting him to sleep in his cot - does anyone have any opinion on this?

We've also gone back to swaddling him so he can't fling his arms around which keeps him from going back to sleep - again I'm concerned that we're not going to be able to go back to the sleeping bag with him. Will he just get better at settling himself again without being swaddled?

I am hoping our nights don't get even worse now he's 4 months as what you're all describing is how Ben has always been! He's up every hour and a half in the night for feeding and takes hours to settle to bed in the evenings- and that's with co-sleeping! He's nearly 17 weeks and has done this since the beginning! :-(

I am hoping our nights don't get even worse now he's 4 months as what you're all describing is how Ben has always been! He's up every hour and a half in the night for feeding and takes hours to settle to bed in the evenings- and that's with co-sleeping! He's nearly 17 weeks and has done this since the beginning! :-(

Aww poor you! I can't even imagine how shattered you must feel all the tim! Hopefully it will only get better for you, not worse, can't see how it could get worse for you at four months tbh if you're already up that often. xx

We're going through exactly the same thing neeyore, you could have been describing Daniel! I'm up several times in the night and have to run into the nursery to settle him before he wakes his twin up! I have resorted to bringing him into our bed a few times in the early hours of the morning but we're worried that he'll get used to being in our bed and we'll start to struggle getting him to sleep in his cot - does anyone have any opinion on this?

We've also gone back to swaddling him so he can't fling his arms around which keeps him from going back to sleep - again I'm concerned that we're not going to be able to go back to the sleeping bag with him. Will he just get better at settling himself again without being swaddled?

Hiya, aww sorry you're going through it too hun :hugs: I was also worried that by bringing her into bed with me she's gonna get used to it, but I think I'm just finding it easier to cope with her constant waking by having her next to me, than having to jump out of bed 6+ times a night, as I find that once she's in my arms out of the cot she doesn't want to be put back down. At least in bed she has the comfort of me next to her. Hopefully she wont get too used to it.
As for the swaddling I too considered this but I thought it better to just leave her out of it, I didn't want her to get used to it again as we stopped swaddling at 3 months. I wouldn't worry about it though, if you managed to get him used to being un-swaddled before then I'm sure it'll be no problem again. Good luck with the sleep hun! x

Natsku and Secretbaby - :hugs: to you both, hope it eases for you soon and you get a well deserved rest!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->