I thought the Torys said sure starts were safe?

Midnight_Fairy

New baby J
Reaction score
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/8817150.Children___s_services_across_Hampshire_to_lose_338_jobs/
:nope:

Pretty sure they said they would be making cutbacks on Surestart. Such a shame :(

There will be no Sure Start in a few years time.

That's the Tories for you. I'm no psychic but I saw this coming a mile off!

So did I, thats why I didnt vote for them :(

My son was so close to getting the help he needed, now they have limited budgets again, its ridiculous.

Absolute joke :(
This place is going backwards!!:nope:

They dont know the true value of these places, they cut them because they are easy targets.

i cant say on a public forum what i think of them :haha: teaboy (clegg) sold everyone out too

I asked my HV about this when it first came out that they may be making cuts-and she told me that sure start centres were only ever meant to be for 10 years anyway...

I think I'll end up finding out about my job while on maternity leave. We're supposed to have some idea of cuts down here in February I think.

I went to my local surestart centre last week and was told they are waiting to hear if it will stay open. It was only opened 6 months ago!
Mind you I have to say it doesn't offer a lot for me - they have one baby club and a toddler tap dance. Was it necessary to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds building and setting it up just to offer 2 clubs?
I found they seemed far more interested in getting me to fill in their form which asks everything apart from how often I frequent the loo!
I don't live in a "deprived" area so I don't get the 10 hours of free childcare offered to unemployed women so they can go to bingo.

I went to my local surestart centre last week and was told they are waiting to hear if it will stay open. It was only opened 6 months ago!
Mind you I have to say it doesn't offer a lot for me - they have one baby club and a toddler tap dance. Was it necessary to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds building and setting it up just to offer 2 clubs?
I found they seemed far more interested in getting me to fill in their form which asks everything apart from how often I frequent the loo!
I don't live in a "deprived" area so I don't get the 10 hours of free childcare offered to unemployed women so they can go to bingo.

I live in a 'deprived' area,and I'm unemployed,Harvey goes to nursery but we pay for it ourselves...so we don't all get help.xxx

ETA:I don't go to bingo either :rofl: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->