I tried acupuncture for my MS yesterday UPDATE on page 2

misscyn

Reaction score
I found an acupuncturist who specializes in fertility and pregnancy issues and went to see her yesterday afternoon. I've been taking Diclectin for the past 6 weeks (I'm now 12 weeks) but I still find it hard to function on some days, and I still vomit about every other day or so.

Anyway the session went well. I knew about the points on the wrists for nausea, but she also stuck needles in my forhead, upper stomach, legs and ankles. Then I just lay there for about a half hour or so, then she came back and took the needles out.

I can honestly say I did feel better yesterday evening. My nausea usually gets really bad after supper, but last night I felt ok. This morning I feel better than I have in the past 6 weeks. Of sourse I am 12 weeks pregnant, so that might explain why I feel better, but I'm definitely going to see her again. She wants to see me twice a week for 2 weeks.

Anyway for anyone who has access to an acupuncture practitioner, it might be worth a try. By the way I did try the accupressure bracelets when I was pregnant with DD, but they didn't do anything for me.

I've been doing this every week the whole first trimester. It doesn't seem to help much, but when I get really bad I stick the needle tabs in my wrists and under the middle of my rib cage. She sends me home with them. I can't tell of it eases it some or not.
That said, I do feel nice and relaxed after I see her and that helps a lot! She also does head, knees, and toes.

I did the same, she have me a tea which got rid of my MS within hours!

I'm actually switching acupuncturists because the one I saw on Tuesday is too far away. I found one right next to my work. She's an older chinese woman who worked for years as a doctor of traditional chinese medicine in China. I'm going to have to ask about that tea!

I'm actually switching acupuncturists because the one I saw on Tuesday is too far away. I found one right next to my work. She's an older chinese woman who worked for years as a doctor of traditional chinese medicine in China. I'm going to have to ask about that tea!

I'll try and get you the name of it when I get home

My cousin had acupuncture done for her ms. She was concerned when she first got it done because she actually felt worse right after it. But then the next day she felt a lot better.

Keep us posted on progress. Hope it can help!

I had a midwife give me acupuncture with Sophie for MS, it was wonderful. Cut the nausea in half.

SO...my final verdict is that acupuncture has been a godsend.

I felt really good after my first couple of treatments. However, I started the treatments at around 12 weeks pregnant, so I wasn't sure if it was the acupuncture or just the fact that I was near the end of first tri.
Well 3 weeks into it (I go twice a week) I found out that my insurance doesn't cover acupuncture, so I stopped going. BIG mistake. After a week of not going anymore, I started to throw up again 2 or 3 times a day, this after being vomit free for 3 entire weeks. Needless to say I'm seeing my acupuncturist again. Even at 60$ a treatment it's still very much worth it.

Also, completely unrelated to MS, but the acupuncture has made a huge difference in my energy levels. I'm almost never tired. I actually feel less tired than I did pre-pregnancy. I'm one of those people who needs 8 or 9 hours of sleep or else I can barely function. Right now I'm doing fine on 7 hours!

Thanks for the updates, I hadn't even considered acupuncture. I'm almost 9 weeks and my ms seems to be getting worse. I will definitely give this a go.

Hi
I had dreadful nausea during first pregnancy and was ready having acupuncture and it helped enormously.Went more frequently when felt sicker and always felt better afterwards. Anyone looking for an Acupunctuirst, go and see Teresa Redding. She is great! Google her name for clinics.
Wish you well
Tubby. X

Where do you live Tubby?

I've recently stopped going because it was getting expensive and at 19 weeks my nausea has subsided quite a bit. I do wear the acupressure wrist bands on my bad days though.

One unwanted side effect of my acupressure treatments has been increased digestion. My acupuncturist also treated my digestion because she said poor digestion is part of morning sickness. Anyway it got to the point where I would go the the bathroom (#2) three times a day. Basically it was every time I ate. This also gave me a ferocious appetite. Anyway I asked her to stop treating my digestion because it was making ravenous (and fat). She said it was because my body needs the food. Anyway I didn't think alternative medicine could be so powerful. I've stopped the treatments and my bowel movements and appetite have returned to normal. But I have to say the acupuncture did work wonders on my nausea and vomitting. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->